News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

[SM] "START GAME" maps?

Started by snipereighteen, November 11, 2012, 08:48:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snipereighteen

As some may know, I have asked this once but there was no answer. No offence, but I wish to know please, anyone.
Does anybody have any way to skip the maps after clicking "START GAME" on the title screen?
For example, has anyone played Super Metroid Eris 2012? That is a great example there.  :^_^:

Metroidz

I know most mini hacks don't have it, I don't see anything in the Game Behavior function on SMILE, somebody here must know.

Charmander106

I think you want this hex tweak:

16EDA - 1E to 1F
When starting a brand new save file ("no data"), Samus immediately begins at the Crateria landing site after "start game" is selected, instead of displaying the area and map screens. For this to work, the "hide intro" box must be UNchecked in SMILE.

You need to go into a hex editor and open your rom, go to the offset in yellow and change the 1E byte to 1F. Simple! :grin:

If you need any more help, just ask.  :^_^:

snipereighteen

This hex tweak only works when you click "no data" though. Once data is created and accessed through "START GAME", the map sequence starts again. Sorry but it is really bugging me...  :nope:

JAM

Nobody knows yet. Or maybe just 1 or 2 gurus who don't want to share this stuff

snipereighteen

Aww poo.  :cry:
In that case, I'll just have to figure it out. When I do, I shall share upon Metroid Construction!  :^_^:

Qactis

With any luck the instructions and bit checks for once save data is created is directly after that byte change