News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Super Metroid: Volta

Started by FPzero, September 19, 2009, 03:43:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DSO

Volta had an awesome sense of level design, your use of the Craterian tileset was the biggest influence I had when designing AngryFireChozo. Added graphical detail? I'm going to be inspired all over again.

FPzero

Unfortunately , when GF_Kennon and I looked through my Crateria scenery file I think that once we deleted duplicate tiles I had like, 11 8x8s to work with so all he was able to draw were 1:2 slopes for Crateria.  So while there aren't going to be any new detail elements that doesn't prevent me from going back and making the place look more like a real cavern or whatever by adding detail with existing tiles.

justawhitelie

THANK YOU!! Its really great to see you edit the sprites for the morphball bombs. They got really old on the original...

RealRed

Justawhitelie: Please refrain from using the scrolling text, users find it irritating.

SirAileron

Haha, this is pretty great news. I'd always looked forward to Volta, and it's good to see you're finding your inspiration again.

justawhitelie

Would it be all right if i used some of your pallettes (including that space pirate design, bravo!)? because they are incredible!

FPzero

I'm actually pretty proud of my paletting as I consider it to be one of my strongest points in hacking, so I'd prefer if you didn't use them.

justawhitelie

:lol:y does 1 screenshot have gravity suit samus getting the varia suit? backwards lololz

Quietus

It's possible to remove the Gravity Suit's ability to protect you from heat, meaning that you could get the Gravity Suit early, for water areas, and then still need Varia for heated rooms.

personitis

Quote from: Quietus on March 20, 2010, 08:33:02 PM
It's possible to remove the Gravity Suit's ability to protect you from heat, meaning that you could get the Gravity Suit early, for water areas, and then still need Varia for heated rooms.
Grime's hex changes.
6E37D - Change 21 to 01

FPzero

Or it's a result of me taking images while my test room options are enabled. :P

justawhitelie

I will not use you palettes then. And if I did. I wouldn't use them to make a mod that id post for others. just for personal recreation. You're palettes in my opinion are much better than all of the others. I look very much forward to seeing this.  :yay:

Hiroshi Mishima

You know, I totally understand where you were coming from in terms of lack of graphics. That is probably my single biggest problem with my sprite comic. I rely on mostly what I can make for a lot of stuff, or else my fiancee used to help me with some stuff. But more and more she got sucked into that MMO and wasn't willing to help me anymore, and I kept running into walls for how to get things across and being limited to 8-bit sprites which are really the only thing I can edit fairly well. Which in turn led to me not wanting to work on my comic although I do think about it a lot.

I think to a degree this is what's chiefly keeping from wanting to work on Rambotroid. I can't for the life of me figure out how to edit the tilesets because it's just not simple (not to me anyways) and I can't find any adaquate explanations.

But enough about me. :p I am glad to hear you haven't given up on Volta because I'm still looking forwards to playing it.

gunnargumpert

your hack is the 3rd best i've ever seen - i hope you'll not stop work

QuoteSo yeah, I'm at like 25% still.  Needing graphic set for most of my areas.  If anyone's interested in helping me get graphics so I can continue past building 80% of Forensrem (the jungle), let me know.  Here's a list of tilesets I'm hoping for:

-Thermal mining zone for Norfair's replacement.
-Lake w/ beach, ruins, underwater elements
-Snowy mountaintop (this area is being done by someone already)
-Deep ocean set (reefs, sand, stuff like that)
-Damaged underwater submarine (think purple maridia but more submarine like)
-Some sort of underwater-but-not-deep-ocean area
-Additions to my jungle set (foliage and detail mostly)
-Maybe a revamp of my Sanctuary Fortress tileset (it's sort of lacking in detail)
-Something for Lower Norfair's replacement, probably including lots of lava and hot caverns.

i think i can help you a bit --> Do you still need help? write your answer. remember, i'm out there.

i'll post a collection of the tiles in a gfx file - you can drag an drop the tiles to your set's ore the rom.

what so you think? it's easy, i think. just let me know about it.

Zhs2

Quote from: gunnargumpert
i think i can help you a bit --> Do you still need help? write your answer. remember, i'm out there.

i'll post a collection of the tiles in a gfx file - you can drag an drop the tiles to your set's ore the rom.

lol...

gunnargumpert

Quote from: Zhs2 on June 29, 2010, 02:33:13 PM

lol...

what lol? that's not a joke.

uzqap

schreibe deine antwort ????
Erz ????
desshalb lol (musste sein)  <=[language german]

Quoteit's gonna be legendary, wait for it, wait for ......
how long will we have to wait for this hack?
I would help if I could, but I'm not good in drawing tiles
Will you change suit palettes and HUD items? sure you are, why am I asking?

squishy_ichigo

sigh....

Ok guys, this is how it is.

Firephoenix, last I heard, had put Volta on hold to work on something else.  So, if you could please not drive this topic into the ground, that would be great.

also...
Quote from: uqzaphow long will we have to wait for this hack?

Quote14. No begging - Seriously, guys. Stop begging for hacks/mods/demos/betas/screenshots/videos/GFX/ASM/other content. The creators will release content on their own time, and begging for content only serves to annoy and hinder progress even further. Don't do it.

X-tradyte

Yeah, We Kinda Went To Far With That on Shadox's Hack. I'm Not Getting Caught Up In It Again.

gunnargumpert

just to say it nice and short: i didn't begg in here.

i don't want have to do with anything of that shit. i just asked, if i can paint some tiles. that's definitely no problem. he asked us for help, so i'm 100% fair.

Lunaria

The issue here is that you bumped a really old topic. Please check the date of the last post before replying.

FPzero

To just get it out there, I have nothing new to report on Volta.  In fact, I'm not sure I'll ever have anything new to report.

Hiroshi Mishima

Well that is monumentally depressing. Way to shatter our tender, fragile hopes and dreams, FiFo. *sobs* At least I know you're alive so I can shun you.

Crashtour99

Quote from: FirePhoenix on July 28, 2010, 12:36:09 AM
To just get it out there, I have nothing new to report on Volta.  In fact, I'm not sure I'll ever have anything new to report.

Unless you hand it over to someone that you know and trust to finish it as you had originally intended it.  Totally understandable though if you don't though.  If I ever give up on romhacking I doubt I'd ever give it over to someone else to finish.

FPzero

So it turns out I'm a liar.

Feels good to lie for once.