News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Super Metroid ROM Hacking Research for Gamasutra

Started by kitsuta, October 25, 2012, 10:23:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quietus

You're welcome.  I look forward to reading it. :^_^:

Mon732

So on top of study leave starting on friday I also have this to look forward too, I can't wait!

Vismund Cygnus

I am looking forward to learning more about my new friends here.  :lol:

begrimed

I've been looking forward to this ever since you made that post. How long is it delayed, do you think?

kitsuta

Quote from: Grime on May 24, 2013, 06:41:19 PMI've been looking forward to this ever since you made that post. How long is it delayed, do you think?
I wasn't given details, but hopefully it shouldn't be too long - one of the Gamasutra staff was unable to finish prepping the article for publication before the weekend. Christian (the Gamasutra features editor) has said he'll update me as soon as he knows when its new publication date is.

Thanks for your patience and your help again, all. This was a great article to write.

JAM

Ah, crap... I forgot to finish part 6.
I didn't expected that this arcitle will be done, to be honest. A lot of time has passed. Anyway, thanks for your work!

Kitsune_Phoenix

*deleted post*

kitsuta

Quote from: Grime on June 04, 2013, 12:52:12 PMYawn.
Yeah, unfortunately, I've got radio silence from Gamasutra so I have nothing to update this thread with. This is actually why I didn't post when I submitted the article - publishing can take a while - but I'm surprised there's been such a delay.

Thanks for your patience, everyone!

JAM

kitsuta
Any news?
Since it's not posted yet, could you just send me the article privately. Just want to read it.

Quietus

Hehe, I think we all want to read it, JAM.  Patience is a virtue. :^_^:

JAM

Quietus
I was on vacation from hacking. 2 months have passed and it's not ready yet. I was sure that I could read this article right after returning.

Quietus

I guess it's like kitsuta said - there's no way of telling how long articles may sit in the publication queue.  Admittedly, it does feel a little excessive.  Maybe they're short staffed or something?

Quietus

It was a pretty good read.  I would have liked more focus on the hacks themselves, but the article is about the community, so I can't really grumble. :^_^:

kitsuta

Yup, you guys saw it before I knew about it!

Thanks again for waiting. I know that Gamasutra's changed the way they publish articles now so it's more user-driven/blog-style, and this was one of the last ones to be edited and published in the traditional method.

I would have loved to do more about the hacks - I played many and they were all really creative and sophisticated! But I did have to cut quite a bit to make the article focus more apparent, so that's what was cut.

Thanks again!

Weterr123

Cool, it's ready!!  :grin:

It was a good read, nice job   :yay:

I was surprised Eris didn't get a mention though, it's a great link to the already existing parallels between the game and the 'Alien' franchise.