News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Anyone actually want a WiiU?

Started by rollinbadger, September 27, 2012, 07:37:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rollinbadger

Not too bothered about the console itself, but I NEED that.

Quietus

I kinda feel the same as every other console.  I've never really felt any brand loyalty for any so far, and it'll be the same here.  It'll simply be a case of 'will it have a decent number of quality games or will it not?'  It's the same reason I haven't bought a 3DS yet.  There are one or two games I'm interested in, but not enough for me to buy.  Once the WiiU gets more established, I'll assess the games, and judge my purchase accordingly.

Lunaria

^

So far the only game on the wii U that interest me is pikmin 3; Which is not worth buying a system over.

Zero One

I'm getting it. AC3, Arkham City: Armoured Edition, NSMBU... though, I wish they'd just kill off NSMB already. Lego City Undercover looks cool, a supposed Majora's Mask remake too. Though, if it's confirmed, it'll be kinda wasted on me. I never played MM on the N64 all the way through; it just didn't have the same feel that OoT did.

But I'm a Nintendo whore. I'll grab most of the things they put out. Except for 'upgraded' forms of consoles I already have.

EDIT: Well hey, launch titles have arrived!

Quote58

I'm thinking of getting it as I've been meaning to get a wii for a while, since there are some quality games on it.
the launch lineup doesn't look that great, but nintendo land looks like tons of fun with the metroid and zelda attractions, and since it's backwards compatible, there's the whole wii library.

Edit: Don't think I'll be getting one for a while. Don't want to be in the same position I was with the 3ds. Good potential, but no compelling games to buy.

passarbye

>activision puts black ops 2 on WiiU
>nintendo takes away classic controller pro

all my rage  :mad:

devonodev

I'll be getting one for sure. I don't think the screen will appeal to me much, but I love my Wii, and this seems just like a HD version of that.
It will probably just end up a replacement for my Xbox360, with the advantage of first party Nintendo games on the same console.

I hope friendcodes are used much better than they were on the Wii though, as they claim to be.

Zhs2

Will probably buy one once games that I'm actually interested in get released for the platform. I made this mistake once with the 3DS.

Mon732

The moment I see news of a HD Zelda title I'm getting one.

Charmander106

I really want one, want to try out Nintendo land. :)

iRundas

Metroid Dread - Was clearified of its progress throughout all of prime series..
This would be the only reason i would buy a wii u. Although from what i hear, it might be An-other M. :/

Mo info here:
http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Metroid_Dread

interdpth

Quote from: passarbye on September 27, 2012, 03:51:24 PM

The reason for that is that the classic controller pro has no L3 or R3 thus making it a disadvantage.

I had a pre-order planned on a wii u, but had to cancel due to furlough on my job. As the game is a launch title, I will be purchasing Madden 13 wii u as I tested it and using the Gamepad made football fun. The Wii U is an amazing piece of hardware, once the ports are out of the way and more developers get on it and can make use of the GPGPU games will truly be amazing.

But I am betting on the PS4 to blow the Wii u(Hardwise but not innovation and money making gimmicks) and the next xbox console out of the water.

passarbye

Quote from: interdpth on October 27, 2012, 10:25:54 AM
Quote from: passarbye on September 27, 2012, 03:51:24 PM

The reason for that is that the classic controller pro has no L3 or R3 thus making it a disadvantage.
i don't need more buttons just to whip ass.  :<_<:

interdpth

You wouldn't be able to aim or shank anyone.

E1SUNZ

WiiU will surely still be a success as aain going to be the first of next gen consoles...hardware wise it's slightly similar to ps3 and 360, so the company would save alot of money using kinda low end specs for the coming years while ps4 and maybe 720 will use costly hardware and that but obv going to blow away the wiiU i can be pretty sure of that as it would use new stuff compared to wiiU.

Katelyn

Quote from: Zhs2 on September 27, 2012, 08:41:12 PM
Will probably buy one once games that I'm actually interested in get released for the platform. I made this mistake once with the 3DS.

Lunaria

Quote from: Katelyn on November 19, 2012, 05:04:11 PM
Quote from: Zhs2 on September 27, 2012, 08:41:12 PM

edit: oh wait, I already mentioned this earlier in the thread.