News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Cartridge Version Of Project Base V.6.0

Started by sharpenedhands, December 05, 2012, 05:00:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sharpenedhands

I would definitely like to see where I could get this made. I've seen it with SM Redesign for like $59.99 somewhere. V.6.0 would be spectacular on my big TV. Maybe Metroid Construction website could make some and sell them.----With complete and legal authority of course. Probably has already been thought up but here is an example. 

http://www.timewalkgames.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=142

Thanks guys
B.   

Daltone

You should get a copier/loader.

Totally worth the extra money, then u can play lots of hacks

I'll reccomend the power pak. Both the NES and SNES ones are awesome.
The only bad thing about the SNES one is no fx chip

Quietus

While I know I'd never actually do it, I do like the idea of hacks on cart.  However, things like Project Base are best left until it's considered complete.  Older hacks would be fine, but I'd hate to think you spent maybe $50 on one, only to learn that it has a game breaking bug, and gets updated / patched within days of you receiving it.

begrimed

Your best bet in the meantime is getting HomeBrew on your Wii and playing PB on that with Snes9X GX and finding a SNES controller with a GameCube input.

Weterr123

I generally play hacks on SNES9X TYL 0.4.2 for my PSP - the great advantage being is that I can configure it perfectly, so that there are no missing sprites or incorrect frameskipping (such as continuously shooting the power beam and not seeing all the shots - I notice this on a lot of youtube videos).

I cannot seem to get it perfect on SNES9X for windows, but I do like to hook my laptop up to the tv (36") to play fullscreen from time to time. I must say though, that fullscreen play does not always look terribly great, which is why I do not always do it. In my eyes though, it is a good stand up test of aesthetics for a hack - if it looks decent fullscreen, then the author did something right!

So regards to being made for a cartridge, only the best, most polished ones would be worth the deal; and with that in mind, I second what Quietus said - I wouldn't want to spend that much on a cartridge to find there's an update for it, ergo, what I bought was not complete, OR, spend that much to find it is not as eye pleasing as £50 should be.

Zhs2

Crashtour99

Quote from: Weterr123 on December 06, 2012, 08:08:23 AM
I generally play hacks on SNES9X TYL 0.4.2 for my PSP - the great advantage being is that I can configure it perfectly, so that there are no missing sprites or incorrect frameskipping (such as continuously shooting the power beam and not seeing all the shots - I notice this on a lot of youtube videos).
You do realize that youtube videos play at 30 fps while the SNES (and it's emulators) play at 60 fps right?  The reason things sometimes don't show up on videos is because certain sprites are not always rendered every frame (like a beam shot displays one frame, is invisible the next, then is displayed again giving it a flickering or transparent effect).  Blame youtube's video compression, it's not an issue with the emulation unless you're an idiot.

Quietus

I believe that's the same for Samus's damage animation, meaning that sometimes when you're hit, you're completely invisible on Youtube vids until it wears off. :^_^:

Zero One

I tweak the beams so they don't flicker. I prefer the smoother travel. I didn't know about the YouTube thing though, so that's a bonus!

Weterr123

Quote from: Crashtour99 on December 06, 2012, 09:46:49 AM
Quote from: Weterr123 on December 06, 2012, 08:08:23 AM
You do realize that youtube videos play at 30 fps while the SNES (and it's emulators) play at 60 fps right?  The reason things sometimes don't show up on videos is because certain sprites are not always rendered every frame (like a beam shot displays one frame, is invisible the next, then is displayed again giving it a flickering or transparent effect).  Blame youtube's video compression, it's not an issue with the emulation unless you're an idiot.

I do know this, however, what I'm saying is that the missing sprites still do seem to occur whilst emulating with snes9x on windows. Although, I'm now more inclined to believe it may just be the animations of the original rom, and youtube videos simply exaggerate this.

Interestingly, to fix this for the PSP, I had to change the clockspeed of the PSP while running snes9x, not piss around with frameskip and vsync.

Crashtour99

I dunno.  I've run emulators on Win XP and 7 and I've never had any problems with frame skipping (I've never even had to change the setup stuff on the emulators aside from controller inputs and volume level).

I haven't ever used a PSP for anything, so I have no idea if it just runs slower, but on a windows machine it really shouldn't be an issue at all.  Are the sprites missing while you're actually playing, or is it missing them when you use SNES9X's recording stuff.  Because the recording software does it's own compression using codecs installed on your computer, and it'll also cut frames.

I ran into this problem when trying to record this:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9394977/ghost%20testing.avi
Because of the method I used for the ghosts' transparency, it has to play at a full 60 fps, and uploading to youtube won't work.  What I did instead was record via SNES9x rerecording version, uncompressed full frames, then used FRAPS to shrink it down as much as possible (still a bit large for my tastes, but that's what you get when you have a video run at 60 fps).