News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

[MZM] Metroid Pro Mission 1.0

Started by Lunaria, April 01, 2012, 05:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lunaria

---------------------------------------------------
Warning
This hack is really fucking hard!

---------------------------------------------------

Metroid Pro Mission! Anyone remembers this?

It was a project I started when MZM hacking was new and had not quite taken off yet. I marketed it as super metroid impossible, but for zero mission. That does not quite do this hack justice, as pro mission is more about silly hard platforming, the path through the game is the same as in a normal run, except you will have to get some upgrades early in order to survive! *coughvariacough*

So why did I decide to finish this shitty project?
Truth be told, I don't fucking know! As some of you may not know, I took a break from Ice Metal 2 after coming to understand that what I wanted it to be was not exactly what the "fans" wanted it to be. So instead I took a break and worked on a zelda classic quest known as: I can't draw 8 bit. (Yes, that is the title)

That quest is almost done now, and in the wake of slow beta testing team *glares at eppy* I had some free time. So I decided I might as well finish this project so I could at least say it was done! :3

BUT! I don't expect anyone to believe a zero mission hack out of nowhere, even if interdpth could confirm that he played this piece of garbage on his GBA, so here, have some screenshots:

[spoiler=Screenshots]

[/spoiler]

Download here: [Link]

I highly recommend reading the god damn READ-ME before playing, I know most of you skip this! *Glare* but it does answer some quality questions regarding the spawning in odd coloured acid!

Also, I packed in the old beta version in case anyone wants to give that a spin as well. That one got a few more bugs then the finished version and it only goes up to and the whole kraid area, leaving norfair and anything past unedited.

So yeah, don't go into this hack expecting it to be the best shit ever, it's really not. But it's kinda cool if you want to waste some time on a really hard (in a bad way) zero mission hack! :3

passarbye

if i remember correctly, this game was the hardest MZM that i've played. (old beta i think)

also, the use of save states is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
i hated playing this, and never finished it.
:evilno:

JAM

Too bad, I'm not so good in Metroid Zero Mission, as in Super Metroid. But when I'll be, I will enjoy your hack. I like challenges!

Lunaria

It's okay, I was not really expecting anyone to want to pick up something insane like this. :P

I mean, in acid wall jumping when you can't see is not exactly the easiest thing, even more so all the darn bomb jumping you have to do once you get bombs.

Zhs2

Lunaria

Hard hacks has always been a trend. This is due to most hackers want to make something challenging for themselves.

Though, this specific project was done with that in mind, turning it up to eleven.

bradzx

I know this is over 30 days.  But, I want say something to Crys.   Crys, I don't think you didn't edit for readme because that readme is same as Ice Metal.  So can you fix readme for this hack?

Weterr123

Hmmm...

Having played Super since I was a kid, Zero Mission's arrival was met very warmly for me, and I absolutely owned that shit and it was very easy to me, even on hard mode. So I will have a crack at this at somepoint, but it is at the bottom of my priority list - I still have like, 5 or 6 full Super hacks to go through yet out of the list I planned on doing (incidentally, midway through Pantheon (so called 'easy' hack) - WHERE ARE THE FUCKING SUPERS?!).

*Cough* - Sorry about that, it is doing my head in lol.

snipereighteen

Dang, and I thought hard mode was solid! Just by observation, it looks insane. I'm liking the look of Kraid's lair.  :^_^: