News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Another hack like redesign??

Started by daldec, September 21, 2012, 11:48:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daldec

Hey all, forgive me if this is not the place to ask this, but I want to play the original version of Super Metroid BUT with a little new things added specially a harder version, like less missiles etc, etc.. I found redesign but in my opinion it changes a lot of things that I like for example the speed of the jumps, the need of an item to jump through walls, etc.
Can someone tell me if there is a hack that focus in the original version, like redesign? Thanks in advance.

Scyzer

Project Base by Grime. It's a complete redesign of the Super Metroid physics and design, but still using the same zebes map.
http://metroidconstruction.com/pb.html

Zhs2

There is the aptly named Super Metroid: Hard Mode.

Or, you can test your memory of Super Metroid to the limits with Blackout.

daldec

I think project base is the way to go for me, BUT I have a question, it is too easy? or the enemies really die like this (one shot early in game) I last played super metroid 6 years ago I think and I don't remember it was too easy. How can I add the "hard mode" hack to the "Project Base" one?

PS: By the way, please, someone help me edit the death animation.. and what is the pallete of the bomb (the normal) animation?.. thanks in advance.

Quietus

For hard hacks, you could try things like Veteran from JAM.

daldec

Can someone tell me how to edit the death animation and the normal bomb pallete?

Quietus

Red Monkey is currently working on the death animation here.

daldec

Thanks for the answer Quietus but I have a question, what program can I use to edit that? Smile? Or how I can edit it, please tell me. Thanks in advance.

Quietus

I don't know.  It's a new thread, and Red Monkey is still working on it.  At the moment, nobody has written a guide for it.  You'll need Tile Layer Pro (or the equivalent) to edit the graphics, and likely a Hex Editor to make changes to tile layout / order.  You can find links to both programs in the Tools section.