News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Dropbox and Other Passwords - Check 'em!

Started by Quietus, August 02, 2012, 08:55:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quietus

Just read this article.

While the actual Dropbox accounts haven't been hacked as such, users' information has been taken, and other sites have apparently been accessed, so if you use the same password a lot, it may be worth checking them.

Fingers crossed for nobody here being affected. :neutral:

FullOfFail

I'm not worried about it too much. The only stuff I keep on Dropbox is my SMILE backups. Assuming these hackers know what to do with those files, worse case scenario is they release an unfinished, glitchy, hard ass hack :lol: It'd be even better if they try to play it, so I could indirectly give them back some karma. None of my accounts share passwords, so I'm not worried about it affecting my other stuffs.

Edit: I went ahead and changed my Email anyway.

nolanjayce5

i have just installed drop box in my system but i am not able to understand how synchronize my data with the others users? Can u guys please explain me.

Quietus

It depends what you mean by 'with other users'.  Do you mean people that you know, and want to share your files with?  If so, just create the folder, put your stuff in the folder, right-click the folder, expand the Dropbox section, and click 'Share this folder...'

Then just follow the instructions.

It'll obviously be the reverse for people wishing to share with you, as they would do these steps, and you would just accept the request when it comes in.