News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Massive GFX Collection v1(266 Pages) - v2(incomplete)

Started by A_red_monk_called_Key, September 04, 2012, 12:22:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M1CR0H4CK3R

Tile Layer Pro accounts for a $200 copier header. I added $200 of 00's to the front of it and it now displays the first 200 bytes correctly.

Crashtour99

Or, you could use this patch to fix TLP so it won't assume every single file it loads has a $200 byte header.

http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/361/

Prime Hunter

:holyf:

I'm speechless over here. This collection will be of tremendous help for a guy like me. There are things in here that I've only dreamed of creating myself and sadly I don't have anywhere near enough skill with making/editing sprites to pull it off to this degree.

I know you said credit isn't necessary, but something this awesome deserves all the credit in the world in my book. Guess the best way to repay you guys is to create an amazing hack using this, right? :wink:

A_red_monk_called_Key

QuoteGuess the best way to repay you guys is to create an amazing hack using this, right?
that works

M1CR0H4CK3R

Look what I made using the GFX Collection:

This is my first real attempt at making a custom tileset. Most tiles from the GFX Collection were modified to some extent to closer match the original game's palette. I suck with colors... I'm planning on making a hack soon, but don't get too excited. I don't even have a name for the hack, nor a story. It's an idea I'm still working on, which will eventually evolve into a full-blown project.

Zhs2

Oh god, the (super) missile tanks

Quote from: M1CR0H4CK3RI'm planning on making a hack soon, but don't get too excited. I don't even have a name for the hack, nor a story. It's an idea I'm still working on, which will eventually evolve into a full-blown project.
Hmm... where have we all heard that one before?

Quote58

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger darling.

Corruptor

Quote from: A_red_monk_called_Key on September 04, 2012, 12:22:35 PM
Incomplete GFX C v1(258 Pages) and check list is Parts for V1 and V2

The GFX C (Massive GFX Collection v1, and v2) is a large collection of Graphics for Super Metroid that use one type of color palette layout. its made up of SM, MZM, MF, (and soon M2) graphics. 98% of the GFX C is combinations of the three games, and most of the tile rips have custom damage in many different variations. grass has been added to most of the tile sets. all ground tiles from MZM and MF were modified to work will with criteria filler tiles. and more...

Credit is not necessary for using the GFX C, for the purpose of unlimited graphic freedom. Anybody can contribute to the GFX C if they wish, all i ask is that credit remain unnecessary so that this can evolve.

Please post any issues or concerns regarding using the GFX C and i'll do what i can. on that note there may be some things that i overlooked, like graphics that are shifted by one pixel, this is an easy fix.

Those who worked on the GFX C:
Red_M0nk3y
Shadow96

[spoiler=example rooms]
[/spoiler]
Oh...mah...GAWD...THAT...LOOK'S...AMAZING!!! :DDDDDD Dat palette!

iRundas

I would be much obliged for you to have it red monkey, Ive made many more of these mixtures so that the lot of this community would not have a slow progress with the gfx table, however i do not have internet to supply these just yet, so please if you (or anyone) see a mixture you like, kill some time with these.

And a big thanks for the ship designs, you got some mad talent. :)

A_red_monk_called_Key

Quote from: iRundas on January 15, 2013, 12:16:27 PM
I would be much obliged for you to have it red monkey, Ive made many more of these mixtures so that the lot of this community would not have a slow progress with the gfx table, however i do not have internet to supply these just yet, so please if you (or anyone) see a mixture you like, kill some time with these.

And a big thanks for the ship designs, you got some mad talent. :)
thank you.

EDIT: Updated to 266 pages

iRundas

Sorry, there aren't any pics.

This set contains:

Crateria (Unused tileset included),
Crateria / Maridia Seafoam,
Maridia / 4 Statue Room.

Green Brinstar / Red Brinstar's Golden (Facility?)

Maridia / Norfair
Maridia / Maridia Sand / Norfair
Maridia Sand / Crateria Sky

Norfair / (New) Tourian

Old Tourian (Blue bumpy hills too) / Red Brinstar

Pink Brinstar / All of Blue Brinstar. (Angry blue carcass from Red Brinstar included)

Here are 2 samples.
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Quietus

Apologising for no pics is one thing, but you could at least provide a description of what the tiles are.  Tech, nature, backgrounds?

iRundas

This CRE contains some of Metroid Fusion's "Required Ability" Blocks.

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

M3TM4DM4N

Would like to know wtf I'm doing wrong here.

I have a ROM of each game, (Metroid, Return, Super, Fusion, Zero).  I have Tile Layer Pro.

Now, I don't know why, and I don't really care, but it seems you have to open a ROM before you can open a .gfx or a .tlp file with TLP.  However, when I open ANY of the 5 ROMs, with said instance of TLP, all I really get, is something like this:
(Super Metroid.smc as an example.)
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Now, I open one of the files in the download from this thread's first page.
(Massive GFX Collection v1 (266 Pages).TPL for example.)
[spoiler][/spoiler]

My apologies if this is in the wrong thread, or section, but I would really like to be able to use this collection.  Please explain to me just how much I've screwed up here.
Thank you.

Zhs2

Don't post links to ROMs or ROM sharing sites, please. They choose to ignore copyright law, not us.

As for your problem, I do believe that's exactly what the beginning of the Super Metroid rom looks like; try scrolling down until you can find the uncompressed graphics, as that will let you know you're editing what you think you are. The file you want in this massive GFX collection, however, is "Massive GFX Collection v1 (266 Pages).gfx" as that effectively contains the massive GFX collection stipulated in this topic. The tpl files are merely palette files for your convenience because viewing the GFX collection with the default palette is probably very ugly looking. If you still can't open the GFX file, you may need to manipulate the dropdown box in the selection window until it says "GFX" (not sure if this is an option) or "All Files".

Crashtour99

Quote from: Zhs2 on March 30, 2013, 05:25:23 PM
If you still can't open the GFX file, you may need to manipulate the dropdown box in the selection window until it says "GFX" (not sure if this is an option) or "All Files".
This.  Also, when you open the .gfx file the format will probably switch to monochrome (1bpp) so you'll need to change it back to SNES (4bpp).

M3TM4DM4N

Quote from: Zhs2 on March 30, 2013, 05:25:23 PM
Don't post links to ROMs or ROM sharing sites, please. They choose to ignore copyright law, not us.

My Apologies.  I'll remove the links ASAP.

Quote from: Crashtour99 on March 30, 2013, 05:43:08 PM
-SNIP-

Switching to search for all files, and then setting it to display in SNES fixed the issues, thanks.

Quietus

For importing / editing graphics, you can do a lot worse that watching through Shadow's tutorials on the Videos page (under TLP).

Just note that some of the buttons Shadow uses are no longer buttons, with things like Import and Export now being in the menus.  Regardless, the the process is the same. :^_^:

Kitsune_Phoenix

*deleted post*

Quote58

I put the beta door in once, but unless you can find the beta rom itself, it'd be a bitch to rip the other beta gfx.
It's possible a really good screenshot, or a rom, or the tileset itself, is out there, but I find that unlikely.
The person to talk to would be Interdepth, creator of double helix.

iRundas

Crateria / Norfair

[spoiler][/spoiler]

The TTB File is "large".

PHOSPHOTiDYL

Not sorry for bumping this thread.
Does anyone still have this who has a minute to upload??
Link is zombified & it's not in any of my filez no more.

Already went through every other gfx upload, want to make sure I'm not missing anything...

Quote58

I still have it, I'll upload it whenever I'm using my windows partition next