News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

[SM] [ASM/GFX] Skipping the map

Started by snipereighteen, August 24, 2012, 11:41:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snipereighteen

Hello there, I wish for help for my hack.
First of all, does anybody have any way to skip the maps on the title screen? In this case, just after clicking "START GAME" (like in SM Eris).
Next, I've tried removing the mini map in many ways which resulted in the game crashing, graphical errors and much more. Is there any way to remove the mini map that is sure to work?
I'd be much appreciated.

Smiley

Quote from: snipereighteen on August 24, 2012, 11:41:08 AM
Next, I've tried removing the mini map in many ways which resulted in the game crashing, graphical errors and much more. Is there any way to remove the mini map that is sure to work?
One way is to blank out all the minimap graphics.
Open your rom in TLP, go to D3200, switch view format to Game Boy and blank out all map tiles. This way the minimap will be gone, but you can still see the map in the map screen.

snipereighteen

Well that may work, I had not considered that. However, what about the flashing tile of the mini map (samus' current postition indicator)?

Smiley

Not all of the colors flash. When you set the view mode in TLP to Game Boy, you can choose from 4 colors. If you blank the tiles with the right one, there won't be any flashing. (Hint: Use the rightmost color)

iRundas

Grab a hex editor.

16EDA - 1E to 1F

Start a brand new file, or delete existing files for this to work.

Another thing, in SMILE make sure "hide intro" In Game Behavior is unchecked.

snipereighteen

Sorry, but that code is for a brand new file. If I was to apply this code, it will not skip on a continued file. I currently need something to skip the starting map sequence completely.  :cry: