News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

SPC700 log

Started by wiiqwertyuiop, August 21, 2012, 09:22:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wiiqwertyuiop

One of the worst things to program on the SNES (I think it is the worst..) is the SPC700... Especially considering documentation is few, and the ones they do have are too complicated for some. So during the process of me learning about the SPC700, I kept a log of sorts and tracked everything I learned, so I thought I'd release it in the hopes that it will be of use to someone:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/29210231/SPC700.log

Please notify me of any typos, inaccurate data, or any comments you may have!

And sorry if this is in the wrong section... I'm not really sure where else to put this...

Black Falcon

Quote from: wiiqwertyuiop on August 21, 2012, 09:22:42 PM
Especially considering documentation is few, and the ones they do have are too complicated for some.
Totally agreed.
I just took a quick read-through and I must say it's way easier to follow than most other documents.
As I'm currently working on documenting sound effects in Super Metroid (yes, finally!) this can be really helpful to tweak the SPC engine to have even more sfx available in the future.
Huge thanks for posting this!  :yay:

Quote from: wiiqwertyuiop on August 21, 2012, 09:22:42 PM
And sorry if this is in the wrong section... I'm not really sure where else to put this...
I suggest either putting it into the Collaboration thread in the Completed Stuff section or (if it's not yet completed) into the Super Metroid section of the forum.  :^_^:
[/minimod]