News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

SME

Started by Qactis, July 16, 2012, 02:16:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qactis

SME is short for Super Metroid Editor, created by smibes1994. It allows you to apply dozens and dozens of hex tweaks to a Super Metroid ROM quickly and easily, save it to the ROM, and also load up your favorite emulator to test out the tweaks on. Very cool stuff from the hackers in Japan. It should be in English automatically. If it's not, go to the third option over, and the second option down on that menu. From that window click the tab at the top and there you can select English, which smibes was kind enough to include with the program.

[Spoiler=Screenshot1][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Screenshot2][/spoiler]
[Spoiler=Screenshot3][/spoiler]

Link:
Original Site
SME 2.01 ML Dropbox Zip
SME 2.01 ML Dropbox 7z

Cloud20

Oh my god, awesome software, I think this will be very useful in particular cases. Thanks :)

Quote58

I had tested most of the functions before qactis got it and I must say, this will be very useful. It includes features one would either have to use hex or Projectiler to otherwise achieve.
Highlights include being able to change the height for both normal jumps and high jump, check boxes for disabling shinespark damage in any or all directions, and something really nice, switch all the numbers from decimal to hex, and vice versa.
This will be very nice to use alongside SMILE.

ianfrombristol

What a cool piece of software.  Who needs TAS when you have this ;)

Quietus

It'd be nice if it could make the Power Bean stronger.  When your character fires, I always feel his shots are weak.

Serious: It looks cool, and I'm sure there'll be one or two thing in there that haven't been discovered / revealed here.

squishy_ichigo

Oh snap, didn't realize it was in english too, I'll have to give this a looksee.

I wish our two communities could have better communication. :<

Quietus

That's often been said, squishy, and I don't think it's through lack of trying.  I happened to be looking through the Oxide topic recently and I noticed the discussion regarding contact, yet it obviously went nowhere. :neutral:

Katelyn

Quote from: Quietus on July 16, 2012, 04:01:08 PM
I always feel his shots are weak.

but...Samus is a girl...

This looks like a very useful piece of software that makes what is normally done in hex editing much easier!

Mr K

Quote from: Katelyn on July 16, 2012, 06:02:19 PM
Quote from: Quietus on July 16, 2012, 04:01:08 PM
I always feel his shots are weak.

but...Samus is a girl...

This looks like a very useful piece of software that makes what is normally done in hex editing much easier!

Da funk Quietus? O.o

Quietus

And neither of you noticed the 'Power Bean'? :heheh:

Charmander106

This program looks very useful for quick edits. I'm glad smibes was very kind to have this in English for us to play with.

Zero One

And yet it doesn't modify the beam damages. Oh well, everything it does do is pretty cool.

smibes

Hi.
I use the forum for the first time.

I'm glad to good review for this page. :grin:
Has released a version that adds the ability to change the beam damages.
http://www20.atpages.jp/smhack/?Super%20Metroid%20Editor#r326436f

If you use in English, please change in the option or rename to "SME.ini" from "SME.ini.en".

Qactis

You are awesome, Mr. Smibes!

Charmander106

Hey there Smibes, welcome to Metroid Construction!

Thank you for making this tool. This will make Super Metroid hacking less of a pain. Do you plan on making more tools like these in the future?

smibes

Quote from: Charmander106 on July 18, 2012, 03:58:30 PM
Hey there Smibes, welcome to Metroid Construction!

Thank you for making this tool. This will make Super Metroid hacking less of a pain. Do you plan on making more tools like these in the future?

I'm sorry for late reply. As yet I have not planning.