News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

[SM] Super Made In Metroid (Attack of the Rinkas)

Started by Qactis, July 15, 2012, 10:15:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qactis

This is a one-room hack / mini-game made by Gomuatama Pontarou, hailing from our friends at the Super Metroid JP Wiki.

From the author:
"Originally a score is earned, making full use of various weapons. It was able to play comparatively happily. Please play. :)" (thanks for that, Google Translate)

Video of the hack in action:
SUPER MADE IN METROID --ATTACK OF RINKAS--

Hats off and cheers to this gentlemen, quite a smart fellow if I do say so myself.

Link to patch:
Listed as Super Made In Metroid

Derakon

Hack is for unheadered ROMs. And, uh, is bloody hard, on Hard. I managed 66 points in my first playthrough without really going for the items, but there sure are a lot of them scattered about.

Qactis

Sorry failed to mention that. I've gotten used to saying when something IS headered, and not saying anything when it's not.

Quietus

^But this is the correct action.  We shall continue to pretend the header does not exist. :oh:

bradzx

I use this game in easy mode.  My life went to zero.  Before I get zero, I use power bomb but somehow, this hack stop when I use power bomb in zero energy.    I am not sure if this bug or glitch.

Prime Hunter

I'm pretty sure it's supposed to freeze on you when you lose, because it happened to me too when I just tried it out. I think the readme mentions the game does this so you to take a screenshot of your record if you wish.

I got to 550 and 8 items on Normal with my 1st attempt. Very interesting idea, but not something I'd probably play that often in the long run. Still, it's always cool to see what people can come up with using the SM engine.

bradzx

oh ok.  Just make sure.   I use this game in easy mode.  I will try normal mode.

snipereighteen

When I actual watched the video, I could not stop laughing!  :lol:
This hack rules!