News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

SMILE Super Major problem Runtime error 76 path not found?

Started by super nintendo hacker, July 10, 2012, 06:03:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

super nintendo hacker

SMILE Super Major problem Runtime error 76 path not found? Yes.
Ok so i didnt see any help sections here so i figured i should post it here, the problem is in the title, it happens when i select a rom, i dont know what can be causing it i re-downloaded and tried different roms etc and also at the top of the message it says "Parlor", I really want to make a hack but cant because smile isnt cooperating... please help thanks :)

super nintendo hacker

Same happens with SMILE JX, except when i use SMILE JX it doesent even ask for a rom to open it just says runtime error 76 path not found bla bla bla

Qactis

Parlor hasn't worked for me. As for JX, you can't just download 2.81. That's just an updated EXE with 4 updated PLM gifs. You need to download 2.80 which has all of the files (can be found in the SMILE JX thread), and then copy the JX 2.81 exe over to replace 2.8's, do the same for the other files in the 2.81 archive.

super nintendo hacker

Ok SMILE JX Works, now how do i get normal smile to work?
smile jx is ugly and doesent have all the features i need :p

EDIT: so... how do i get an older version that actually WORKS?

Qactis

thanks Quietus, no one on IRC seemed to be able to help with this issue with parlor.

Edit: I have PM'd JAM about his GUI and offered to redo it for him if he tells me dimensions and file formats needed for the GUI, he might not have understood what I meant though. I'll message him again with visuals this time.

super nintendo hacker

Nevermind...its not uh jx smile thats ugly its the current smile...I really need the old version that has a decent gui
EDIT: Got it sorted out on irc a guy is giving me an old version ;)

JAM

Quote from: super nintendo hacker on July 10, 2012, 06:47:59 PM
Nevermind...its not uh jx smile thats ugly its the current smile...I really need the old version that has a decent gui

Well, if you ask me, I'd better remove all new graphics to return exe file size as 7xx kb (instead of current 17xx kb) and used version 2.5 as base, but I have what I have and I should mess of what I have.

Quote58

Ah yes, I had made a post about that a while ago, but I closed the tab or something by accident and was too lazy to redo it.
What I had said however was that the current parlor/jx, is ugly. I always hated parlors whole non windowed look. I suggested that once it was stable and the updates would be minor, you should have a separate version which uses the windowed look of smile 2.5. I like a lot of the new features of parlor and JX, things like favorite rooms and tileset adding. However, I hate using it cause the interface just doesn't work as well as the old ones.
In any case, I understand that you'd rather keep working with what you have so as not to mess anything up, but I strongly recommend that once things are more settled, you fix the interface.