News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Metroid Fusion ROM-Hack

Started by Zknight7126, February 18, 2011, 10:03:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zknight7126

It is a speedier version of metroid fusion with a map and no "jump" door transitions.

Progress: Working on the main deck, about 11-16% complete. I have been busy, but I will find time to work on it. Time worked on: about 4 hours. Demo 1 uploaded tell me if it works, someone couldn't use it. Video uploaded. Name is undisclosed.

Some pics:

First Climb:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Destroyable Bookcases:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Frozen Quarantine Bay:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Just Hanging Out (Save room to the left):
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Support Beams FTW!!!
[spoiler][/spoiler]

3 Items?:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Into the Pipe!:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Video:
[spoiler]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4QW46ZWEcE[/spoiler]

Malpercio

i can't help but notice the complete lack of a patch link of any kind

Lunaria

I can't help but notice the complete lack of thinking in the post above.

Read: This is not complete stuff, AKA, it's most likely not done. :/

Zhs2

Well, the OP never explicitly stated its completion status. Let's have a round of assumptions on the house, boss!

Zknight7126

Quote from: Crys on February 23, 2011, 01:55:51 AM
I can't help but notice the complete lack of thinking in the post above.

Read: This is not complete stuff, AKA, it's most likely not done. :/

How do I make a patch, then I will distribute it once I am done with the main deck, plus I have been a bit busy...

Zhs2

Use Lunar IPS or SMILE to compare an unedited original ROM to your changed version and voila, a patch will be born.

Scyzer

Except you can't use SMILE with anything other than Super Metroid...

I dunno if DH has a patch utility, otherwise, use Lunar IPS like Zeke said.

Zhs2

Quote from: Sadiztyk Fish
You can't? I could swear you could. All it takes is loading a valid Super Metroid ROM, choosing a valid room, loading the ROM you want to make a patch of, then choosing to make an IPS... A bit of an effort, but even Jathys himself pointed this out; I guess it was out of pride for his editor. :P Choosing a room while the alternative ROM is loaded might cause SMILE to forcibly die, though.

Zknight7126

Thank you, if I just edit a few rooms I will have a patch in no time.

Scyzer

Quote from: Zhs2 on February 23, 2011, 02:48:40 PM
Quote from: Sadiztyk Fish
You can't? I could swear you could. All it takes is loading a valid Super Metroid ROM, choosing a valid room, loading the ROM you want to make a patch of, then choosing to make an IPS... A bit of an effort, but even Jathys himself pointed this out; I guess it was out of pride for his editor. :P Choosing a room while the alternative ROM is loaded might cause SMILE to forcibly die, though.

Nope. If it's not a Super Metroid (JU) rom, more than 4mb, or the area code is set to PAL, then SMILE will refuse to open the rom at all.

Zknight7126

Zknight7126

Sorry about double posting, but due to problems with my ROM being the wrong one I will postpone this hack until further notice, I will then work on Zero Mission. Also if any mods or admins would be kind and lock this thread I would gladly appreciate it.

Katelyn

You do realize that there is an edit post button, right?

Zknight7126

Quote from: Shadox on March 08, 2011, 09:49:35 PM
You do realize that there is an edit post button, right?

Yah but I also wanted to bump it so it would get locked.

Zhs2

You also realize that, being the creator of the thread, there is a "lock topic" button at the very bottom left, right? :awesome: