News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Super Metroid Aqua (Mini-Hack)

Started by RYNO, August 30, 2009, 12:11:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RYNO

NEW EDIT DESCRIPTION!!!!
If you REALLY want to see how this hack is, Patch this to a UNheadered Rom, Then Try your hardest with SMILE to get tileset one back to normal or whatever....
The Hack is: Dead/Complete.

I have started working with S.M.I.L.E for about 2 weeks, I'm going to make a mini hack, most of the rooms WILL be tiled (damn, I don't know if that's right or not) again... There will be LOTS of water, as you start off, you be running around in lots of it, as you get the high just you WILL have to do wall jumps IN WATER, which most of you probably dread about that fact... To get the Varia Suit... You will have to run through Noirfair, but you do have extra energy tanks placed around, and alot more items, its more hard control wise than enemies, the bomb torizo is basicly optional, but he is hard with 9999 Hp and 200 damage if you touch his body, just to have fun :)
The grapple beam is nessicairy to finish the game, and places have new names!
One thing though, (long story short,) The remains of Zebes has collided with blown up SR-388, and sector 4 AQUA from fusion, so there will be a little harder enemies (No new ones, im a new hacker)...
Okay! Names are:
Crateria: Overworld (FINAL)
Brinstar: Brinstar (FINAL)
Wrecked Ship: Sector 4 (Beta)
Tourian: Gateway (Very Early Beta)
Mardia: Mardia (Beta)
Noirfair: Reactor (Beta)
Space Colony: SX-12 (FINAL)

FINAL = Final Name
Beta = Could Change
Very Early Beta = I'm not sure why I chose this Name :P

This will be released in quite a while, because school will start for me in 3 days, so I'm gonna be working full speed!

Hard criticism will be accepted, but not appreciated in the least Bit, here is a playthrough video of me, only some of the rooms have changed scence this video, the suits also have different colors, I tend to work quit fast, lazily...

Super Metroid AQUA Playthrough Part 1(My SMILE Hack)

Enjoy!

Description of video

My OTHER upcoming hack, Called Super Metroid AQUA, It's Not very close to completion yet, so the next parts will take a while because I'm still making another hack, and this one! Enjoy!

Note: The Music in this is from the Metroid Prime OST, This is not Super Metroid Music, or Music From The Game!

EDIT: THE HACK IS DONE.... IT'S UNEDITIDED IN NOIRFAIR,MARDIA,TOURIAN AND LOWER NOIRFAIR AND WRECKED SHIP.... ONLY MINOR EDITS.... :(

personitis

Damn. Those repeating upgrade sprites make things look horrible. I'm sorry but until that's gone, things aren't gonna look to good.

RYNO

Quote from: person701 on August 30, 2009, 12:51:15 AM
Damn. Those repeating upgrade sprites make things look horrible. I'm sorry but until that's gone, things aren't gonna look to good.

I agree, I'll fix that up before the game is ready, other than that, it's a standard mini-hack, with a couple rooms re-tiled, it looks... better :)

RealRed

Right. I can see this is a really early-stages-hack.
Your tiling in some places doesn't look good, but of course, with time you'll get better.

Phazar

First, I'll agree with everyone else in saying that those repeating item tiles look really bad.  Also, it looks like you didn't change the locations of any rooms, but just modified what was originally in them.  That is not a bad thing, but you can move rooms around if you want to.  Lastly, you need to fix the charge beam suit palette--when you charge the beam in certain points of the movie, you can see the original suit.  Other than all that, this is looking like a great hack, and I look forward to playing it.

RYNO

Quote from: Phazar on August 30, 2009, 09:56:38 AM
First, I'll agree with everyone else in saying that those repeating item tiles look really bad.  Also, it looks like you didn't change the locations of any rooms, but just modified what was originally in them.  That is not a bad thing, but you can move rooms around if you want to.  Lastly, you need to fix the charge beam suit palette--when you charge the beam in certain points of the movie, you can see the original suit.  Other than all that, this is looking like a great hack, and I look forward to playing it.

Thanks, the repeating upgrade sprites will be fixed, I'm not very good with hex work so I'm not totally going to change door spots, and the charge beam... That thing was annoying... I tried to change the charge beam work on my other hack and it way always the same suit that you had on, never my custom colored ones....

Some of the room's haven't been retiled yet... so I'm working on that, and I'm still fixing a thing where in some rooms it says some strange message about the FX1 and doors or something... So I can't add water to those rooms, Here's one thing if you want to see the story and data:
[spoiler]This planet looks like Zebes,SR-388, and Sector 4 Aqua, because of one thing, Mission classified as: Fusion, After SR-388 was Impacted with BSL research station, the planet, so vast, still survived, but it just was that unfortunate, the entire space station exploded, and Sector 4 Aqua went and hit the planet and the containment of water was thrown all across the planet, the water was deep, and filled with creatures, but as it moved along, in no orbit, samus was heading to her de-briefing...    Then the remains of Zebes, which was actually still half of the planet, collided with SR-388, and part of the BSL... now the collision, made the planet whole, with lots more lava,water and acid, samus will have to explore these treaturous enviroments to get her power-ups back, but will she survive to the end...?[/spoiler]

Thanks for the comments, looking forward to any more!

RYNO

NEW EDIT:
(Sorry for double post but...)

I have re-created the Spore Spawn room, With a door that never opens, and the blue brinstar tiles (the ones that look like there from metroid 1) and RAIN!

And Just for the people who are worried about the part where you'll have to run through noirfair WITHOUT the Varia Suit

[spoiler]You can have a total of 8 energy tanks before you finally get the Varia Suit!!![/spoiler]

Well.... The hack is actually still far from completion, and, The Gravity Suit, along with the Ice Beam, Will be a very hard item to get! Tourian, will have rooms FULL of Acid/Soda, so you have to kill the Metroids very quickly... There will be re-charge stations, so This hack won't be for people bad at Super Metroid....

Also with the Spore Spawn, It will have 4000 HP, so it will take a extra long time to kill, comparing that the Spore Spawn has limited ammount of damage you can harness at it all at once... Well... With the spore spawn, I coulde'nt even Kill it with 15 super missiles and 100 normal missiles and alot of regular charge shots... Another Challange!

personitis

Well, this thing is starting to sound overly bruital. x.x Just plz make sure everything is possible before release. =X

paradigm0910

I'm not sure if it's something you plan on changing, but the two bottom rooms in red Brinstar... the high water level kinda defangs any possible threat that room had. As they stand in your video, you showed that you can hop right over multiple obstacles with one simple jump. Remember, if you want to raise difficulty with water, put the water level at different levels. I've never really found suitless underwater sections particularly annoying or difficult, in some regards is easier to get around that way. Those rooms for example, the "challenge" came from the creators relying on a players lack of jumping ability... they counted on people landing in the water and having trouble getting out. While deep water is easy to maneuver around in, when you hit the surface, it really messes with your jumps. Of course the other option is to modify the obstacles to be appropriate for fully submersed conditions.

Like I said, I don't know if you have changed that or are going to change that, just something to think about. Oh, and remember, the doors could be airtight, no way to prove otherwise, preventing water from transferring to another part of the tunnel would be a nice side effect of the doors. They seem to keep heat from spreading away from superheated areas so... water.

RYNO

Quote from: paradigm0910 on August 31, 2009, 02:04:40 AM
I'm not sure if it's something you plan on changing, but the two bottom rooms in red Brinstar... the high water level kinda defangs any possible threat that room had. As they stand in your video, you showed that you can hop right over multiple obstacles with one simple jump. Remember, if you want to raise difficulty with water, put the water level at different levels. I've never really found suitless underwater sections particularly annoying or difficult, in some regards is easier to get around that way. Those rooms for example, the "challenge" came from the creators relying on a players lack of jumping ability... they counted on people landing in the water and having trouble getting out. While deep water is easy to maneuver around in, when you hit the surface, it really messes with your jumps. Of course the other option is to modify the obstacles to be appropriate for fully submersed conditions.

Like I said, I don't know if you have changed that or are going to change that, just something to think about. Oh, and remember, the doors could be airtight, no way to prove otherwise, preventing water from transferring to another part of the tunnel would be a nice side effect of the doors. They seem to keep heat from spreading away from superheated areas so... water.

Quote from: person701 on August 30, 2009, 10:45:58 PM
Well, this thing is starting to sound overly bruital. x.x Just plz make sure everything is possible before release. =X

#1, person701, this will be Kinda hard, but the spore spawn and torizo are mainly for fun, the torizo isn't hard if you have 12 E tanks, and the pathway, goes to the left, green brinstar will be harder because it will be one of the last places you will visit... because to get the Plasma Beam and wave beam you go down to Blue Brinstar (the place that looks like original metroid) and you get Plasma, Space Jump, and if your lucky, you'll find Wave Beam 0.o, In total, it wont be TOO hard... Not as hard as Redesign....

#2 paradigm0910, Yeah, those 2 rooms I will change now thanks to you, and I'm thinking of having the water just at jump level, so you get out of water at the wrong time, lowering your jump by a TON, but you can kill the thing that grabs you with a super missile, but I will make do a little bit more damage....

personitis

Quote from: RYNO on August 31, 2009, 09:28:56 PMIn total, it wont be TOO hard... Not as hard as Redesign....

I lol'd a little. Redesigns Torizo isn't hard at all. Drop three bombs on him and he's done. =P

RYNO

:) New Video in Kraid.... Hope you guys enjoy doing this.... Just one time... Probably :P

Super Metroid Aqua Underwater Walljumping :)

Meh, It's 5/10 on a scale of how hard it is....

RYNO

Ahhhh.... This project for ALLLL the areas there is Tileset 1 is screwed.... releasing the hack once mardia is done and frak tourian..... Goddamn tileset screwed up and nobody helped.... :( well... nothing else than that, EDIT: Nevermind, Realeased already
DOWNLOAD!!! FROM TOP!!!

Lunaria

Quote from: RYNO on September 17, 2009, 06:48:04 PM
Ahhhh.... This project for ALLLL the areas there is Tileset 1 is screwed.... releasing the hack once mardia is done and frak tourian..... Goddamn tileset screwed up and nobody helped.... :( well... nothing else than that, EDIT: Nevermind, Realeased already
DOWNLOAD!!! FROM TOP!!!

You did overwrite the tile table/tileset palette. If you have backups then you can cross patch it out.

Dainxc

LOL! I hate those stupid graphical glitches that show the sprites of items in the background. I have no idea why this happens. :^_^:

Bioniclegenius

Um... I can't even play this. I couldn't see anything in the ship room due to graphical glitches, so I thought might be a header issue... alas, twas not. So, this is unplayable for now.

RYNO

Quote from: Bioniclegenius on September 20, 2009, 07:16:08 PM
Um... I can't even play this. I couldn't see anything in the ship room due to graphical glitches, so I thought might be a header issue... alas, twas not. So, this is unplayable for now.

Precicley, this is only something put out there even though its MAJORLY screwed....

Dainxc

Does anybody here know why such graphical glitches occur? Especially the ones that cause false item images to appear in clusters?

RYNO

Quote from: Dainxc on September 22, 2009, 07:43:04 PM
Does anybody here know why such graphical glitches occur? Especially the ones that cause false item images to appear in clusters?
Because I accedently used a tileset and it messed up... not good anymore...If you can hack in SMILE, then go ahead and revert to the old tileset

Samus-Aran

it fails on zsnes and snes9x

Dainxc

Keep working on it! It's great so far.

dark link

yo tengo un super metroid ke kiero ke cheken este es mi correo por si lo kieren shaka_6666@hotmail.com :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lunaria

Quote from: dark link on October 01, 2009, 12:40:32 AM
yo tengo un super metroid ke kiero ke cheken este es mi correo por si lo kieren shaka_6666@hotmail.com :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nice to meet you!
Now please use english on a english "speaking" forum. It helps, a lot.

Cadarot

Translation
"I have a copy of Super Metroid that I want someone to check to make sure it's the correct one. My email is"

GF_Kennon

Quote from: Crys on October 01, 2009, 02:14:55 AM
Nice to meet you!
Now please use english on a english "speaking" forum. It helps, a lot.
Quote from: From the rules.
9. Note on other languages - Although this is primarily an English speaking forum, other languages are perfectly acceptable, as long as they do not otherwise hinder forum relations (i.e. see the rule on 1337-speak.)
Anyway looks like Flamestar666 translated for us.
Quote from: Flamestar666 on October 01, 2009, 02:15:34 AM
Translation
"I have a copy of Super Metroid that I want someone to check to make sure it's the correct one. My email is"
It should have the [JU] and [!] marks on it (unless you renamed it) and should be 3072Kb in size (3073Kb means its got a header, but thats easy to remove)