News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Super Metroid: Omicron

Started by Baconface, September 26, 2009, 05:21:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baconface

First post!

Anyways, Super Metroid: Omicron is a hack I'm working on, and it's going pretty well so far. It has new palettes, levels and more. Crateria is the only area I've worked on, though I've messed around with Brinstar, too.

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Samus is sent out to investigate Space Pirate operations on Achrus, and lands in the arid region Salos. Discovering a large factory inside the brown rocks, she is sure the Pirates are up to no good.

Baconface

A tube of spikes and lava. It's really dangerous, so don't fall in!

Zhs2

I love the use of the vanilla tilesettage, especially with the new colors. Most of the screenies are pretty plain and are in need of a good sprucing of more detail, especially the top two screens. The tube room is pretty sexy.

Keep it up, this looks like something worth playing!

Baconface

Quote from: Zhs2 on September 26, 2009, 08:47:18 PM
I love the use of the vanilla tilesettage, especially with the new colors. Most of the screenies are pretty plain and are in need of a good sprucing of more detail, especially the top two screens. The tube room is pretty sexy.

Keep it up, this looks like something worth playing!
Yeah, the first two screens are older.

EDIT:

Pipe scenery.

Lunaria

Quote from: Baconface on September 26, 2009, 08:41:08 PM
-Image with lava and spikes-

I really like how this room looks. But I am a bit afraid on how it handles spikes. It might be too enjoy able to play early on. And even mid game it will be a pain in the ass unless those a brinstar spikes. :<

GF_Kennon

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/7900/doublewhammy.png

I quite like this room, my only picks with it are the repeating and the spikes (though they are not that bad, compared to past uses...)

Also i see a black line where the spikes are on the bottom, you might want to change that.

Crashtour99

Not too shabby.

Something I noticed though about the wiggly looking pipes.  There are areas where it looks like there are chunks missing and the V shaped areas don't match up well at all.  Just something to think about.

Baconface

Quote from: GF_Kennon on September 27, 2009, 05:35:17 AM

I quite like this room, my only picks with it are the repeating and the spikes (though they are not that bad, compared to past uses...)

Also i see a black line where the spikes are on the bottom, you might want to change that.

How do these spikes look?

personitis

Quote from: Baconface on September 27, 2009, 12:32:21 PM
Quote from: GF_Kennon on September 27, 2009, 05:35:17 AM

How do these spikes look?
Bottom tiles need to blend a bit more into the spikes.

Baconface

A graphics test. These are just made from existing tiles. The kago also has a new palette, it varies determining on the level.

Crateria/Salos: Pale-yellow outside, red inside, pale-yellow bugs (the screenshot was only a test)
Brinstar: Green outside, red inside, pink bugs
Norfair: Red outside, yellow inside, green bugs
Maridia: Purple outside, blue inside, yellow bugs
Tourian: Silver outside, pale-pink inside, golden bugs

Why there will be kago in Tourian is weird, even to me.

begrimed

This looks pretty promising, especially being a new hack from a new user. My only complaint would be the light brown used for Crateria's tiles. It's not a bad palette, but I'd try working in a bit more color variation through scenery and such.