News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

E3 2012

Started by Charmander106, May 10, 2012, 02:54:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charmander106

I know that E3 this year won't be around till June but, does anyone on metconst have actually been to E3 before? Is anyone going this year? I never been to one of the E3 conventions but I would really like to go this year. But of course I don't have money to go.  :mad:

So is anyone going? I would go to see the new Wii U and get a chance to see it for myself.

Damski

:sad: E3  is not open to the general public. Im not going to E3 but I will watch the conference from Gamespot. I hope to see new metroid for 3Ds and DKCR sequal for Wii U.

passarbye

Quote from: Damski on May 10, 2012, 03:01:02 AM
I hope to see new metroid for 3Ds and DKCR sequal for Wii U.
this.
can't go myself, never had the money to do so. :/

Charmander106

:sad: E3  is not open to the general public. Im not going to E3 but I will watch the conference from Gamespot. I hope to see new metroid for 3Ds and DKCR sequal for Wii U.

I will most likely watch it streamed as well, like I did last year.

Yeah, new Metroid games FTW!!

knuckles

Quote from: Webber1900 on May 10, 2012, 06:59:12 PM
Yeah imagine a metroid game with graphics and gameplay like other m!(of course without adam controlling your weapons and  exploration.)

Katelyn

Quote from: knuckles on May 10, 2012, 07:47:44 PM
Yeah imagine a metroid game with graphics and gameplay like other m!(of course without adam controlling your weapons and  exploration.)

So another shitty Metroid game! Yeah!

knuckles

Quote from: Queen Chrysalis on May 10, 2012, 07:50:54 PM
Quote from: knuckles on May 10, 2012, 07:47:44 PM

The game was good (to me).... only thing I didnt like was that adam basicially controlled samus and the game itself was too quick.
You tell me what else was wrong with it because I don't see anything else. :nope:
Edit: Samus talking was also a bad idea, Samus being silent is best. Also maybe a few physic changes.

Charmander106

Nope, not another shitty game but another GOOD Metroid, something like the first Metroid Prime without the horrible development cycle or something along the lines of a 3D side-scroller adventure like Shadow Complex (correct me on that, I never played it)

My only real complaint with Metroid Other M was the difficulty. Samus having a voice wouldn't bother me if the script was written better...

And also did not like the scene when Samus encounters Ridley. Just, No.

passarbye

Quote from: Webber1900 on May 10, 2012, 08:38:23 PM

Nope, not another shitty game but another GOOD Metroid, something like the first Metroid Prime without the horrible development cycle or something along the lines of a 3D side-scroller adventure like Shadow Complex (correct me on that, I never played it)
this is what kind of metroid game i would want.
although, nintendo would probably throw in some dumb-ass "feature" that they think would be cool.
(which in fact, wouldn't be cool)
Quote from: Webber1900 on May 10, 2012, 08:38:23 PM
My only real complaint with Metroid Other M was the difficulty. Samus having a voice wouldn't bother me if the script was written better...

And also did not like the scene when Samus encounters Ridley. Just, No.
my complaints with Other M would be the ridley scene, the scenes that made you search for shit, and the TOO MANY FUCKING CUT-SCENES!

squishy_ichigo

I like how this became 'Lets Bitch about Other M' instead of 'E3 2012'

---

I haven't been too hyped about much of anything these days honestly. Diablo 3 comes out in less then a week, and the only other game I'm looking forward to is Final Fantasy Versus XIII. Before that it was Skyrim.

A new Metroid game could be interesting. The only game I honestly enjoyed for the Wii has to be Super Smash Bros Brawl. Not a fan of the Wii's controls, would rather play Metroid/Zelda/etc Gamecube style. (and even then, I play SSBB with a GC controller :U)

Zhs2

While we're still on the subject of hating Other M, I think that, in general, ALL of the dialogue was completely unnecessary whether or not you were controlling Samus. If Other M had no real story aside from "You encountered foe!" (and thus no cutscenes), it would have received critical acclaim. I have the same opinion of Fusion, despite Fusion being much better. Nintendo clearly did not have Doom in mind when they made these Metroid games.

Charmander106

I just hope we see something related to Zelda or Metroid this year at E3, in my opinion.

knuckles

Quote from: squishy_ichigo on May 10, 2012, 10:37:36 PM
A new Metroid game could be interesting. The only game I honestly enjoyed for the Wii has to be Super Smash Bros Brawl. Not a fan of the Wii's controls, would rather play Metroid/Zelda/etc Gamecube style. (and even then, I play SSBB with a GC controller :U)
Well ( if the new metroid game will be on the wii, ) it should probably have gamecube controller support, for the people who hate/don't like wii's controls. ( Honestly, I don't really like the whole "Wiimote" idea myself. )

Mon732

Quote from: knuckles on May 12, 2012, 05:23:18 AM
it should probably have gamecube controller support

Except I  don't think the new Wiis have Gamecube controller ports.
My friends Wii stopped reading the disk so they had to get a new one. When I went round his house I brought my GC Controller to play Brawl but there was no flap on the top.

Classic controller would be possible though.

knuckles

Quote from: Mon732 on May 12, 2012, 05:31:36 AM

My friends Wii stopped reading the disk so they had to get a new one. When I went round his house I brought my GC Controller to play Brawl but there was no flap on the top.

Classic controller would be possible though.
:whoa: How stupid of nintendo.... well I guess classic controller wouldn't be bad, it's kinda like gc controller.

Blarget2

Quote from: knuckles on May 12, 2012, 05:38:04 AM
When I went round his house I brought my GC Controller to play Brawl but there was no flap on the top.
:whoa: How stupid of nintendo.... well I guess classic controller wouldn't be bad, it's kinda like gc controller.

Wait.... isn't that also where you put the... saves?! (for GC games of course). How will i play mi prime saves now?

Mon732

After a quick scan on the web this is what I found, might be interesting.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20111126004343AAyGY2n

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1833710

Basically as long as you have one of the older models then you can play gamecube games.

passarbye

:whoa: wat.

i can't believe nintendo did that to themselves.
that's like saying the new PS4 (whenever that comes out) won't play all the older PS games.
it's baffling why they would chop off their own heads like that.

>arrow to the knee
>nintendo isn't an adventurer anymore
>???
>hurr durr profit!

Zhs2

The PS3 doesn't play PS2 or PS1 titles. JSYK.

passarbye

Quote from: Zhs2 on May 12, 2012, 06:34:07 PM
The PS3 doesn't play PS2 or PS1 titles. JSYK.
yes it does, but only certain models.
and you can still download PS1 and PS2 games from the PSN.

Zhs2

I guess some older models do do that then, but Sony is a company that is known to shoot themselves in the dick over having customers. The best reason I can think of for Nintendo phasing out the Gamecube compatibility is in the interest of money, e.g. it's slightly less costly to produce the Wiis without the extra parts. Oh well: Everyone who needs or wants a hackable/Gamecube compatible Wii can pretty much just pick up a used one at Gamestop. It's not so with a backwards compatible PS3.

Qactis

It still plays ps1 but only the first models play ps2