News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Super Metroid : Darkholme Hospital

Started by Cloud20, May 01, 2012, 01:15:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smiley

Whoa, man! That's a brilliant idea! :grin:
Just make sure they're compatible with each other and can be patched in any order.

Metaquarius

The only game mode which seems really interesting to me is the "blackout" mode, it could even be part of the original hack to some extent.

Cloud20

QuoteJust make sure they're compatible with each other and can be patched in any order.

It's the first question that I asked to myself and to JAM :^_^:

QuoteThe only game mode which seems really interesting to me is the "blackout" mode, it could even be part of the original hack to some extent.

Two last one are really interesting. In fact, difficulty to find password depends of the interest of the keypatch, for example the confidential file at the end leads to simple "armored probes" patch. Also, the interest of keypatch is the combination between them.  :^_^:

Metaquarius don't call this "blackout" mode, althrough JAM concept and mine are a little bit different, I'm not sure that he will appreciate another concept called "Blackout"  :lol:

EDIT :sorry for English mistakes, I quickly wrote this post and leave my home to celebrate the end of my exams.

JAM

Quote from: Cloud12 on June 21, 2012, 10:41:30 AM
- Electric power off : I think this concept will interest JAM, working actually on "Blackout" hack. An electric failure turn off lights of the hospital. Rooms are darker but still visible. However, the more you go deeper in the hospital, the more rooms are darker and hard to move in.
Yes, I'm intersted =) If there are a few levels of darkness (not just light on and light off), Palette Blend patch is your friend.

Quote from: Cloud12 on June 21, 2012, 12:26:12 PM
Metaquarius don't call this "blackout" mode, althrough JAM concept and mine are a little bit different, I'm not sure that he will appreciate another concept called "Blackout"  :lol:
I LOL'ed =)

Quote from: passarbye on June 19, 2012, 02:48:35 AM
Quote from: Corruptor on June 18, 2012, 11:12:22 PM
EDIT: I wana know how much health those damn ghosts have? I tried killing one and it NEVER happened! D:
i've killed one before. you have to use EVERYTHING you have to kill it. (plus some charge beams)
unless Cloud12 changed it in an update.

they don't drop anything special, why were you wondering? :P
This one reminds me Harpies from Final Fantasy V. They have 666 HP and full immunity for everything except critical hits. But if you survive this hard and long fight and win, then all you'll get is... 1 Gold and 1 EXP =)

passarbye

fusing the blackout patch with Darkholme is a wonderful idea!

i think it would be cool if you had hanging lights that sway back and forth and flicker on and off like some horror game.
(that would actually be really cool if you could do that)

but this is a wonderful idea mixing patches like this!

Cloud20

Hanging lights? It's seems to be hard to sprite?

However, I thought about fireflea fx1 to glow and blink the light, except that all lights are off in "electric power off" keypatch.

Now, I just show here one of the files downloadable by map station : a creepy message from ghosts!
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Cloud20

Actually searching for gravity suit palette at the ending of the game before percentage screen. JAM brought to me project palette doc, but unfortunately, we can find all "i'm genius" hex codes except these special palette  :mad:. Somebody have and idea about theses values?

Zhs2

Quote from: Cloud12
[spoiler][/spoiler]
get out from heres uncel dolan

Katelyn

Quote from: Zhs2 on June 22, 2012, 08:37:11 PM
Quote from: Cloud12
[spoiler][/spoiler]
get out from heres uncel dolan
gooby pls

Cloud20

:lol:

Just to give an idea when you switch off all lights of the hospital :

Mr K

Level 5 and 6 look kinda more freaky with the lights on. But I understand what you were trying to show :)

Cloud20

Yep  :^_^:

For this keypatch, I havn't the time now to change palette and it will be made when all the room and item will be added.
The pictures show the overall palette effect of "generator off" keypatch. The goal is to change creepy ambiance to hard exploration in a place thrown in darkness until make quite blind.

Corruptor

Looks nice :3. Hope to see an updated patch soon, I'd love to replay this hacks again, especially with new data and such!

Cloud20

I can't give a release date for 2.0 for the moment, it's needs much work.
I should be focused on 1.2 just to give for community a patch with at least a percentage screen fix, with JAM we are checking last details for the release. But I'm working on the two versions in the same time.

On the game, it needs :

- enemies changes and relocation
- new rooms
- new items
- few palettes changes
- and others details
- text writing

And all effects in alternative keypatches. :)

Cloud20

Actually comparing timer between version 1.X of the hack and actual 2.0 in progress.

My best time made in v1 : approx 22"30
My best time made in v2 : approx 31"??

So the game is approximatively extended to 9 minutes in more, hoping to extend it again.

dark_samus

there is an option in smile to disable the start menu like in ceres station at the beggining I think

Cloud20

Quote from: dark_samus on June 30, 2012, 03:05:16 PM
there is an option in smile to disable the start menu like in ceres station at the beggining I think

Yes you're right  :^_^:
But it works only on 1 area. In V1, i had planned only one map station, so I used Maridia area for disabling start button, and it worked.
(automatically turned off for ceres)
However for v2.0, I need to disable start butt. for several areas, but JAM advice to me to use "unexplored" tiles to reveal it by map station, I think this solution is better finally than ASM.

The latest version of Darkholme available on first post

Cloud20

I've find a WONDERFUL document from Squishy

Palette hunting guide
http://forum.metroidconstruction.com/index.php/topic,145.0.html

The process is quite long, but very useful and efficient! Incredible ! *praying for squishy*
So these are screenshoots for ending scene repaletting :
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Quietus

Um, you did know there's a 'Docs' section on the Main Site, right?  It has lots of guides, including that one.

Cloud20

Quote from: Quietus on July 03, 2012, 07:11:05 PM
Um, you did know there's a 'Docs' section on the Main Site, right?  It has lots of guides, including that one.

It seemed to me to have seen this document somewhere else  :^_^:

Eppy37

Did a first time run through of this game which can be seen Here.

Cloud20

Great man. Thank you for the vid.  :^_^:
I've not yet watched the whole video, just looking for details, I will keep an eye on it ;)

Corruptor

Can't wait for 2.0! I don't know if I said so in your last post, but I loved this "minihack," which sort of takes a while to complete.

Cloud20

Quote from: Corruptor on July 07, 2012, 07:35:18 PM
Can't wait for 2.0! I don't know if I said so in your last post, but I loved this "minihack," which sort of takes a while to complete.

Hum... you said it, and it makes me enjoyed  :yay:
Sorry for my late answer, but my weekend was just...mad ! In fact, I plan to add few rooms again (approx 10 new rooms), but this is a small part of the work. Much things must be reworked to polish the hack and also make possible the concept of keypatch :)

Re-paletting neons lights :

Before                                                         After

Suggests and comments will be welcome, this edit can be reworked. I'm afraid to lose the shining effect of neons, but I think that colors of a reduced shine are better than before.

Metaquarius

OMG Where the hell did the neon shiny effect just go ?????? :lol:
This is not the darkest floor so it doesn't bother me that much actually.