News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Operating Systems

Started by FullOfFail, April 19, 2012, 02:46:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which Operating System Do You Use?

Windows
16 (72.7%)
Mac OS X
0 (0%)
Linux
6 (27.3%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

FullOfFail

So, lately I've been testing out different types of distros for Linux. And, it got me curious as to what other people have been using. I'm currently using Ubuntu with Win7 as a virtual machine. But I'm about to test out another Linux Distro named Zorin OS.

So, which OS do you use?
Which version/distro? (IE: Windows XP or Linux Xubuntu)

Mon732

I use Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.

Quietus

Currently still on Vista, despite having a Win 7 Pro disc sitting within arm's reach.  Just too dang lazy. :<_<:

Katelyn

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit and Ubuntu 11.10

Blarget2

Win7 home 64bit, Ubuntu 11.10, G parted live 0.3.1-1 and a VM of XP mode via VMlite.

Zero One

Win 7 with a Natty Narwhal partition that I'm probably going to remove soon; I never use it.

Zhs2

On machines in my room? Windows 7. On servers sitting on the cabinets in my grandma's sitting room? Arch Linux.

Crashtour99

Still on good ol XP Pro Sp. 3 here.  Though I might switch over to one of the Win7 builds when I finally get a new computer sooner or later.

zephyrtronium

~$ uname -a
Linux zephyr-fx 3.3.2-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Sat Apr 14 09:48:37 CEST 2012 x86_64 AMD FX(tm)-6100 Six-Core Processor AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux

GF_Kennon

Windows 7 Pro 64bit, the one OS that I bought legitimately and probably the only OS I will ever use, unless MS can convince me to move to a new OS :P

Malpercio

Quote from: Crashtour99 on April 19, 2012, 07:40:06 PM
Still on good ol XP Pro Sp. 3 here.  Though I might switch over to one of the Win7 builds when I finally get a new computer sooner or later.

Mr K

Use WIN 7 Ultimate x64 for gaming, Linux/Ubuntu for coding. Linux/Backtrack for hacking/network penetration testing/auditing

knuckles

I use windows 7, laptop.

Qactis

XP Pro 32-bit sp3 for desktop until I build a new one, and Win 7 Ultimate 32bit for the laptop

interdpth

Windows 7 until Windows 9

TheAnonymousUser

Laptop - Vista Home Basic SP2 (32 bit) (Should have been XP Pro SP3 but my laptop hates me)

PC - 7 Professional (32 bit) (I hate the guts out of this OS, but I'm going to have to get used to it, I guess...)
(^ used to be XP Pro until my motherboard crapped out on me)

I tried using Fedora on my PC, but most of the crap you can do on it needs the internet, something my PC lacks.

Zhs2

I used to hate 7, but that was before I changed it to classic mode and turned off UAC. Best gaming platform of all time.

JAM

Quote from: Zhs2 on May 06, 2012, 12:01:06 AM
turned off UAC
Nice to hear that from doomer =)

Anyway, I will be the most original here.
Using Windows 98 for the last 10 years (8 years since last reinstall). Good compatibility with old DOS games and most 8 and 16 bit emulators, nuff said.
And by the way I have pretty upgraded PII-333, 512Mb RAM (256+512), HDD 34.5Gb in total (6+9.5+19) and overclocked FDD (with ability to write 1.99Mb to diskettes).

softglow

Kubuntu 12.04 amd64 now.  Ironically, once they got multiarch so I can have zsnes, I discovered bsnes.  Also KDE because it doesn't do the gnome3/unity "alt+tab is not alt+tab now" thing.

I have access to XP and Vista machines at the moment, but the owners tend to complain if I spend much time there.

Malpercio

Quote from: JAM on May 06, 2012, 07:08:22 PM
Anyway, I will be the most original here.
Using Windows 98 for the last 10 years (8 years since last reinstall). Good compatibility with old DOS games and most 8 and 16 bit emulators, nuff said.
And by the way I have pretty upgraded PII-333, 512Mb RAM (256+512), HDD 34.5Gb in total (6+9.5+19) and overclocked FDD (with ability to write 1.99Mb to diskettes).

I used 98 for about the same amount of time, but then I got a better computer and upgraded to XP.