News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

New SNES game coming out.

Started by wiiqwertyuiop, March 23, 2012, 11:14:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wiiqwertyuiop

I'm not sure if many of you guys have heard, but apparently there is a new SNES game coming out next year. Link.

I'm actually pretty excited for it, although I do plan on getting it, $68 does seem kinda expensive, but I guess it is still pretty cheap compared to how much they were sold back then. So what do you guys think?

Lunaria

Well if you want to be honest, games where not priced that much back then. Or rather, the number may have been the same but the dollar have been going down in value a lot since then. The facts stands, today, this game: it's expensive as fuck.

If the same game was released as a game on steam for $5 no even raise an eyebrow. The only thing that seems remotely specific about this game is that it was actually coded for the SNES, which is quite nice. Very few developers these days would go for developing under such limitations. The charm sorta ends there though, owning a SNES today is not really standard. Sure, us nerds have one each (mostly) but there is really not much of a market for this unless they plan on selling a dump of it. :/

wiiqwertyuiop

If anyone is interested you can find their offical website here.

Zhs2

passarbye

FlamingCobra

I'm not surprised. I knew it was only a matter of time before people got good enough at hacking that homebrew games for older consoles would totally blossom. We may be about to experience another Golden Age of Video Games.

snarfblam

There are a bunch of homebrew games available for NES, some written in C.

Homebrew != hacking