News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Room of the Week 2013 - Archives

Started by ProjectXVIII, February 19, 2012, 09:14:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lunaria

Oh? Everyone is getting a bit cocky it seems!

I guess I'll just have to enter a room then!
[spoiler][spoiler]I would have made a joke room, but I'm too lazy to do anything new![/spoiler][/spoiler]

There is water starting at the bottom parts of the top section, meaning the whole lower room is submerged.  :colonrightv:
(And yes, it's two rooms in one, DEAL WITH IT!)

Vismund Cygnus

Quote from: Crys on July 18, 2013, 05:38:04 PM
Oh? Everyone is getting a bit cocky it seems!

I guess I'll just have to enter a room then!
[spoiler][spoiler]I would have made a joke room, but I'm too lazy to do anything new![/spoiler][/spoiler]

There is water starting at the bottom parts of the top section, meaning the whole lower room is submerged.  :colonrightv:
(And yes, it's two rooms in one, DEAL WITH IT!)

The only gripe I have with the room is that the orange grass doesn't really go with the green tiles IMO. I think that's me talking personally again, so other than that it's a nice room(s)!

Quietus

I guess the grass thing gives you that alien world feel.  Also, if you look at our world, with primarily grey / black rocks, and you have bright green grass on it, aliens would probably think it looked weird too. :^_^:

Vismund Cygnus

Quote from: Quietus on July 22, 2013, 04:40:53 AM
I guess the grass thing gives you that alien world feel.  Also, if you look at our world, with primarily grey / black rocks, and you have bright green grass on it, aliens would probably think it looked weird too. :^_^:
Dang it Quietus, you know how to get me thinking. Now that I look at it, it's almost reverse-Australia, with green soil and browny-orange grass as opposed to what we have.

Quietus

Quote from: Vismund Cygnus on July 22, 2013, 07:03:51 AMDang it Quietus, you know how to get me thinking.
Hehe, sorry about that.  I understand that it's Monday and all.  As for the colours, I agree.  Perhaps it doesn't look quite so alien after all. :^_^:

Jordan5

Well here we go again

[spoiler=Let's throw in a few bubbles][/spoiler]

Vismund Cygnus

Your background could use a bit of work, and maybe the floor of the room could be a little bit less smoothed out. Unless it's there for a speed-boostery purpose.  :^_^:
Also, those pipes to the side look rather out of place.

That being said, the bubbles have guaranteed you MST's vote.  :wink:

Quietus

You should also try to have the bubbles and the red bricks bleed into each other more, so that the transition looks more appealing.

MetroidMst

Quote from: Vismund Cygnus on July 22, 2013, 10:35:50 AM
That being said, the bubbles have guaranteed you MST's vote.  :wink:

They only guarantee that I notice them. A bad palette will net you a negative. However, seeing how these are normal palette, I can't dock you for that. Quietus already stole my line about bleeding more in, but on top of that, the BG bubbles also would work better, as you can make all kinds of designs and write messages with them for the player to enjoy.

Vismund Cygnus

Voting for Rundas for using my favourite tileset in a pleasing way.  :^_^:

Quietus

I voted for Vismund.  It's a good vanilla room. :^_^:

Vismund Cygnus

It seems that in the wake of T.H.E. Contest we've forgotten this one. So here's a little something that I made in half an hour.  :^_^:
[spoiler=This is not from my comp hack, if you're wondering.][/spoiler]

Quietus

Not bad, though I think you could use more variety in the size of the stalactites.  I'm sure there are a few tiles with spikes of various lengths.

Zero One

Here's something I made in about 2 days.
[spoiler=This IS from my comp hack][/spoiler]

It's the first room I've made that I'm actually proud of.

Quietus

The upright edge to the sand pit looks a little odd, but otherwise it's a great room.  Good work, Zero One! :^_^:

Oh, and it looks like the asteroid at the bottom is hanging in the weeds. :heheh:

Smiley

Woooow... I may have to step up my game quite a bit if I'm going to win that contest.
Meh, as long as it's fun to play, I'm fine with it. :^_^:

The right side and maybe the bottom of the sand pit need some work, but otherwise it's a great room.

passarbye

yes, this is a room from my contest hack.
[spoiler][/spoiler]
EDIT: re-uploaded with fixed BG palette. i meant to do that earlier today.  :O_o:

Quietus

A nice room.  I particularly like the colours.

Jordan5

Finally getting started on my contest hack
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Smiley

I might as well
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Quietus

ZeroOne for me.  Though there are a few minor issues, such as the seemingly half-hearted filler tilers and some odd angles (like the right-hand edge of the sandpit), the room has some great colour choices, and stands out as different.

Zhs2

I voted passarbye for being the best (Crateria) room, though SMILEuser's is a very good runner-up. Vismund and Jordan have plain rooms, and ZeroOne's effervescent sparkles are just i wot m8. As for Daltone: vids or it's not a real room

Daltone

Lol can't wait until the end of the month?
oh fuck off, consider this the last time i submit a room

Zhs2

It's not that I don't believe it's a real room, it's that the boundaries are very strange and incomprehensible. Of course I can wait, and nice job ruining it :(