News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Super Metroid Advance

Started by FlamingCobra, February 15, 2012, 05:30:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlamingCobra

Quote from: Quietus on February 26, 2013, 04:33:01 AM
It looks really nice, but you know I'm gonna want to short charge on that ledge, and Zero Mission usually says 'no'. :nope:

short charge?

Quietus

A speedrunning trick from Super, enabling you to get to super speed in less distance.

FlamingCobra

Quote from: Quietus on February 26, 2013, 02:50:46 PM
A speedrunning trick from Super, enabling you to get to super speed in less distance.
So it's a sequence-breaking technique?

Quietus

I don't actually recall it breaking any sequence as such, but it does make many things faster or easier. :^_^:

Malpercio

There's no sequence to break with it. Anywhere the Speed Booster is needed, there's a length of flatish ground long enough for Samus to build the charge anyway. Everywhere else, slipping into Speed Booster range sooner just saves some time crossing from one end of a room to the other.

Quietus

Well, you can include it in sequence breaks.  It's certainly the easiest option for the Wrecked Ship entry without Grapple, but usually it's just shortcuts.  Things like the Wrecked Ship Attic, the huge Mocktroid room in Maridia, the gauntlet, and killing Draygon.

Weterr123

Looking through this thread has me intrigued, it's a really cool idea. Page 6 of this thread is interesting, with the 'rage post' and everything. I would advise maybe spending a little more time than you are right now on the project, on your own learning things, then surprise everyone with a post that contains 30 screenshots and some real promise. Not only will that gain the respect of your fellow metconst peers, but people will be far more eager to help you with a project that has properly taken off the ground.

Take me for example. I've been here for a few months now, I put my opinions everywhere, and even released a PSP theme (cos that's something else I do). But no one knows what I'm working on, with regards to rom-hacking. I'm just quietly working away, putting the time into learning bits. And yeah some stuff is taking me a great deal of time. But when I get round to making a post announcing something, there'll be a bunch of content, not just a concept. And I know that then, I will be very likely to be able to get a few of metconst's experts on board.

I'm not having a go, nor am I pissing on your bonfire. Just trying to nicely re-iterate some of the posts that responded to your rage post, because they all had a point.

Good luck, and don't lose heart  :^_^:

Zhs2

Quote from: Weterr123Good luck, and don't lose heart  :^_^:
TOO LATE FOR THAT, BRO.

[spoiler=Some History]For those not yet in the know, he ragequit everything hacking forever when he got banned for ban evasion on IRC. What ban was he evading? For believing our use of the word "faggot" implies that we actually hate gay people (when I'm quite sure that the opposite has been explained to him several times before), leading him to sound like a disgusting bigot as an attempt to fit in. Granted, it was probably a small thing, but he's been around us long enough that I would personally believe he'd learn better, despite his history of always typing before he thinks. You could call it the straw that broke the camel's back.[/spoiler]

Weterr123

Quote from: Zhs2 on March 06, 2013, 05:43:43 PM
Quote from: Weterr123Good luck, and don't lose heart  :^_^:
TOO LATE FOR THAT, BRO.

[spoiler=Some History]For those not yet in the know, he ragequit everything hacking forever when he got banned for ban evasion on IRC. What ban was he evading? For believing our use of the word "faggot" implies that we actually hate gay people (when I'm quite sure that the opposite has been explained to him several times before), leading him to sound like a disgusting bigot as an attempt to fit in. Granted, it was probably a small thing, but he's been around us long enough that I would personally believe he'd learn better, despite his history of always typing before he thinks. You could call it the straw that broke the camel's back.[/spoiler]

Aaah, I see. I shall say no more on the matter then. And this hack idea seemed like a really interesting concept...

Kasel

I personally find that funny honestly.  Oh well.  There will always be complainers out there. -Plays the worlds smallest violin-

Edit:  I actually need to get back on the IRC.  I miss the old days.

paparata98

Hello my friends, I've seen that you one of the users is creating a super metroid gameboy advance

but I wanted to know if is still in process or if already latest version of the game already for download and thank you   :^_^: :yay: :^_^: :yay: :^_^: :yay:

Quietus

The most recent information that I can see said that the creator quit hacking, so there will probably never be a release. :neutral:

Jordan5

I think at one point he said he had lots of problems because Samus is 3 tiles tall in super metroid but only 2 in the gba games (as well as metroid I and II i believe)

paparata98

Hello my friend I'm new at this and tell me a tour in these forums and I found with this good post. interests me very much for this great hack of the metroid zero mission gba but I was wondering if this the link to download... esque download me the patch from the hack but this incomplete :(

Quietus

See my response to your last question here.

paparata98

Quietus:Thank you the had not seen lol but what a shame that came out is fabulous game :(

paparata98

Thank you the had not seen lol but what a shame that came out is fabulous game :(

DeadSkullzJr

Well guys you are in luck! I played through what was given to us which was version v.17a and decided to try and do some hacking of my own to this hack. I am currently modifying and cleaning up Brinstar since what was given to us wasn't going to work out.

Here is a mock up of the Brinstar map I made: (Due to how Zero Mission works, I had to do some changes in order to make it work well.)

Also if anyone could provide the green Brinstar tileset and background for me, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Update: Well I attempted to try and create my own pixel art of the original green Brinstar tileset...I am having the hardest time though due to the fact that I am limited on how many tiles I can use at once for each room. If anyone can provide something better then please by all means. Also I am changing the way things are slightly in certain areas, think of it as Super Metroid with a twist. It will not be exactly like SM because if that was the case then what's the point of the hack lol.

Cpt.Glitch

You can just export the original green bronstar tileser from Super and then use a GFX editor to arrange it in a way so it'll work in zero mission.

DeadSkullzJr

Quote from: Cpt.Glitch on June 30, 2017, 10:06:18 AM
You can just export the original green bronstar tileser from Super and then use a GFX editor to arrange it in a way so it'll work in zero mission.
Alright, I tried to do some research, how would I go about opening GFX files, I don't have Photoshop. I do however have Gimp and Paint.net, if that helps.

Cpt.Glitch

A graphics editor like tile layer pro or YY-Char.

DeadSkullzJr

Alright guys as I said before, I am cleaning up Brinstar currently, here is a glimpse of what I mean:

Before:

After:

This is only one of the many rooms I cleaned up, stay tuned for more!

biospark

DeadSkullzJr

Quote from: biospark on July 02, 2017, 11:05:16 PM
Protip:

Yea I forgot about that feature, thanks for reminding me  :grin:.