News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Mencoder? That other thing you need to record vids?

Started by Corruptor, February 05, 2012, 11:50:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corruptor

I've been looking for a mencoder, and lame, but I can't remember what it is called, that is neccessary for making Zsnes videos, I'm asking if someone knows a link, and could put it on this post, which I'm sure will benefit all members, or is there already a page for this? There was once a youtube video where I got the link to get these two programs, but they no longer exist... :'(

Quietus

Just to add to the above, even if you play with ZSNES (as I do), there's a reason that every man and his dog records SNES movies with snes9x - it has much better features and support.  You also don't need any of these other programs, unless you want to add different codecs for compressing your videos.  Certainly less time and effort.

If you're interested, I wrote a short guide that will help you get started.

Corruptor

Quote from: Zhs2 on February 05, 2012, 02:46:48 PM
The home page of project MPlayer and subsequently MEncoder.

LAME is an MP3 encoder.

The site you should use instead of posting a topic like this next time.

The board this thread should have gone in.
I've already gone to that site and downloaded the mencoder, it still says mencoder.exe is missing.
Quote from: Quietus on February 05, 2012, 03:37:57 PM
Just to add to the above, even if you play with ZSNES (as I do), there's a reason that every man and his dog records SNES movies with snes9x - it has much better features and support.  You also don't need any of these other programs, unless you want to add different codecs for compressing your videos.  Certainly less time and effort.

If you're interested, I wrote a short guide that will help you get started.
Quietus, It might only be on certain hacks and such, but, when I used snes9x, I pause the menu and un-pause it, the background gets all glitchy and it looks like crap, so thats why I converted to Zsnes because I believe it is better.

snarfblam

Quote from: Corruptor on February 11, 2012, 09:59:13 PM
Quietus, It might only be on certain hacks and such, but, when I used snes9x, I pause the menu and un-pause it, the background gets all glitchy and it looks like crap, so thats why I converted to Zsnes because I believe it is better.
This problem only occurs with snes9x 1.53. Try 1.51 or 1.52.

Zero One

Yup. That was totally worth the 3-month bump for a dead thread that nobody cares about any more.

Corruptor

I'm just looking at all of my old posts, and responding to them, obviously, you care enough to post about how nobody else cares about it.  :<_<: