News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Georgia meetup

Started by interdpth, January 31, 2012, 08:15:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

interdpth

Myself and possibly Person701 are going to Atlanta Georgia later in Feburary for a huge Yu-Gi-Oh meetup!

Plans between myself and Grime are getting up, and I'd like to invite anyone else that could make it to make it
It'd be around the night of Feb 18th, we could all have a metconstian dinner!

begrimed

Who all lives realistically near-enough to make it to this meet? We need names so we can bug people personally until they submit.

Quietus

Only about 6,700km for me.  I'll call a taxi... :wink:

squishy_ichigo

Well, unless someone wants to pick me up, (my car is not in working condition right now) I will have to pass.

I do hope those that partake in this adventure enjoy themselves though.

Digital_Mantra

I'm not allowed in the states anymore due to 'anti-american' slander on msn/forums. Yeah, they fucking monitor that shit now.
It really buggered my dad cause we like to go down and hike around deception pass (just above Seattle).

begrimed

They kicked you out of the states for basically telling the truth about us? Lame shit. Was this a recent thing or what? And I can't help but be curious about the 'slander' involved here.

Digital_Mantra

Quote from: Grime on January 31, 2012, 09:43:26 PM
They kicked you out of the states for basically telling the truth about us? Lame shit. Was this a recent thing or what? And I can't help but be curious about the 'slander' involved here.

You hear about that british guy denied access cause of tweets taken out of context? I'm a lot worse, I say shit as I see it, and sometimes I'm really harsh about it. I say how the puppet globalists should be tried and killed, and suddenly I'm a terrorist. This brit guy just said 'im gonna destroy america', but what he meant was he was just going to party hard and get wrecked.

begrimed

No shit? It's a wonder I haven't been deported to some execution island somewhere from some of the shit I've said over the years about what should happen to greedy/stupid politicians.

Charmander106

I won't be up there with along with Jamie unless someone can pick us up like squishy said. But it would totally be awesome if we all can plan to meet up in a location and have a wonderful time.

I too will have something like this to share soon, but that won't happen right now because the event in discussion is in the beginning of March of this year.

Hope that you guys have a wonderful time. :)

Borderjumper67

I live like an hour away from ATL.  :heheh:

zephyrtronium

Sorry, but that's a few too many parsecs for me to travel.

Black Soldier

Quote from: interdpth on January 31, 2012, 08:15:01 PM
Myself and possibly Person701 are going to Atlanta Georgia later in Feburary for a huge Yu-Gi-Oh meetup!

Plans between myself and Grime are getting up, and I'd like to invite anyone else that could make it to make it
I'll be going to Atlanta myself that weekend...hopefully if I can get a ride there....

I live about 100 minutes away (Columbus, GA).

Mon732

Unfortunately there is an ocean between here and there.

interdpth

Quote from: Black Soldier on February 01, 2012, 07:10:09 AM

I'll be going to Atlanta myself that weekend...hopefully if I can get a ride there....

Yugimans? :D

Black Soldier

Quote from: interdpth on February 01, 2012, 11:08:25 AM
Quote from: Black Soldier on February 01, 2012, 07:10:09 AM

Yugimans? :D
Yup. Been playing it for almost nine years. I can't believe it's been that long.

interdpth

Sweet! I'm bringing an Evolsaur deck! I do hope person701 goes, but he's scared of the loops.

personitis

Quote from: interdpth on February 01, 2012, 05:48:54 PM
Sweet! I'm bringing an Evolsaur deck! I do hope person701 goes, but he's scared of the loops.
I'm not. :FURY: It's the other dude I'm going with doesn't want to waste gas if all we're gonna see is Inzectors. So basically, he's gonna make a judgement on the regionals coming up and how the ban list turns out.

interdpth

Ban list is after ycs :(

Please make him go.

Make him run 2 veilers, 3 msts and a book to tackle inzektors.

and crows.

At least side some of that

personitis

My "bro" runs TG Fairies. Main decks 1 Herald of Orange Light, sides 1 other, mains 3 MST, sides 2 DD Crow, and god forbid if you don't main a Book of Moon. I run Junk Dopple synchro. I main 2 MST, side 1, main 2 Effect Veilers, side 3 Royal Decree if they run massive defense, side 2 Enemy Controllers, may side a Solemn Warning or 2, and also side 2 DD Crow. I am not worried about a Dandylion or Sangan getting nuked. If anything, put stuff in my grave. :D Also, Iron Chain Dragon. He could be bad, but he could also be good. Again, not worried. Also, if YCS is mid-March, ban list comes before on March 1st.

interdpth

YCS is Feb 18th and 19th lol

interdpth

Anyone know some good restaurants around the area?

MetroidMst

Blarget2

no, just no. if you want a GOOD restaurant, go to Chick-fil-a. They invented the chicken sandwich. They started in Georgia so you'll know its best there, and its not half bad for you either. When i lived in Georgia, i even got to talk to the founder. He is a cool guy.

if i still lived in Georgia, i would come.

Katelyn

Blarget2

because what a company does relating to religion / politics TOTALLY means the food is bad. /sarcasm