News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Vanilla +PLUS

Started by squishy_ichigo, August 18, 2009, 11:37:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

squishy_ichigo

headerless

Ok, this is a patch to release alot of the stuff I've been working on lately.  This patch includes:

-New HUD
-New map tiles
-new beam gfx/palettes
-no walljumping
-new physics (includes falling faster, keeping speed after jumping and landing)
-suit colors
-some other stuff I'm probably forgetting

UPDATE: 12/15/09
Also added to this release:
-new palettes for every tileset
-newer physics (Bloodsonic thinks the old one were shit... so... I UPGRADED! :D)

This is how my mini will play like physic wise...

This is being released because I want you guys to play through Vanilla Super Metroid with my changes, and see how you like it all.  I've played a little bit myself, and its defiantly a change of pace. :P

Well, enjoy, and you can use anything from this you want, with credit to me. ^_^

edit: I better thank a few people actually! ^_^;

Shout outs goto Grime, DSO and DChronos for a few things including no walljump, keep speed after landing, and the map tile thingy.

UPDATE: New palettes in this version.  Hope you kiddies like it! :D

Bioniclegenius

So are there no actual level changes? I tried this, but it got a bit boring after a little.

Xaggoth

A bit different to play through without walljump, changes my way through more than a few rooms.  I noticed you can walljump off of ceres ridleys' door and frozen enemies.  It took me a while to get used to falling that fast, spring ball still felt weird even by the end.  It was also pretty frustrating to mid-air morph.  I never found varia, I assume it's around somewhere, but it seemed like heat damage was less(? maybe it just looked that way in the HUD ?) so it wasn't an issue.  But that was a surprising thing, stupid faulty gravity suit.   Beams looked nice, but charge beams damage wasn't.  New missile timers were fine, but only because of how strong they were.

squishy_ichigo

There is no varia, the heat takes less damage, and gravity suit is effected by the heat bit...

Guess I left that part out.

The main point is to get you to think about playing the game differently.  (and to give you some practice before my minihack comes out)

Lunaria

2:3X(not sure what the last digit was.) some thing like that in time.
66% (aka 100% AFIK)

Squishy would know, he watched me do it live! :3

lol

Diortem

I liked it except I had to stop playing it.  I got permastuck trying to get the early supers since I couldn't get get into the upper part of the room w/o wall-jumping or bomb jumping.  After I started over, I found myself in norfair having to enter and re-enter the same room dozens of times to kill the same geemer over and over in an attempt to build my energy up for the next segment of the heated run.   These physics changes might be good in certain hacks, but they aren't so great for the original ROM.

RealRed

Ironic, Crys got stuck the exact same way XD

Xaggoth

You can totally jump up that, just crouch jump w/ angle down.

Lunaria

You can just jump normally out of it. I was not stuck at all, I just find it funny! :3

Zhs2

I call a vote to get this renamed to Chocolate Super Metroid, for killing walljumping certainly isn't Vanilla-like. >:(

Hint: NO ETECOON SHAFT 4 U

squishy_ichigo

Crys ;D

To those that are confused... it is possible to make it out and get those Super Missles...
now... don't try going to the etacoon shaft until you get space jump though XD

squishy_ichigo

TOPIC BUMP!

Yeah, so I decided something...  The original V++ didn't have palette changes, but Grime inspired me. Also new to V++ is newer physics that will be used for ToD. This is a  sister hack to Project Base by Grime.

Vanilla Plus+ Crateira.wmv

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Silver Skree

Haven't played yet, but from that last screenshot, I think the mushroom colors could use a little work. Make the gradients darken more; it goes too black just a little to abruptly. Other than that, it looks pretty sweet; good job!

Hacker347

Dude, its like impossible to mockball.

squishy_ichigo

Just to make sure you kiddies know... the new paletted version with newer physics isn't out yet. Will be in a couple days, that was just to get you kiddies interested.

I'd suggest not playing the current version that is out... in fact, lets take that attachment down for now.

Skree: I don't plan on dulling the green down, as the point of it was to have florescent mushrooms.  It wouldn't look as good. :P

Silver Skree

Quote from: squishy_ichigo on November 14, 2009, 09:01:46 AMSkree: I don't plan on dulling the green down, as the point of it was to have florescent mushrooms.  It wouldn't look as good. :P
Then export and edit the tiles to use a darker shade of green instead of black!   :smileyspam:

squishy_ichigo

http://www.metroidconstruction.com/Forum/index.php?topic=193.msg2208#msg2208

TOPIC UPDATE

Releasing what I have done on Vanilla Plus.  Hopefully no body bitches about that ONE room. :/
Have fun kiddies.  Enjoy the new colors. :D

Lunaria

I might give it a spin on live streamer again squishy as long as you want to watch! :P

xKonvicted

So, ive been playing this all day in class while the teacher had on a movie, must say i am in LOVE with the palette changes as well as the new physics and timers. As for the the video posted by squishy to get to the early supers, i wish i woulda checked it out before spending half an hour bomb jumping up there. (Yes, i accomplished that feat.)

silverpaw84

[snip]

squishy_ichigo

[spoiler]Well, it was meant to be a taste for the way a hack I was working on at the time was supposed to feel, physics and such.

Boostball was to be in that hack.

Also of note, said hack is dead. :<
[/spoiler]