News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Metroid Shattered

Started by UpperDav, January 23, 2012, 11:15:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UpperDav

Hello everyone!

I would like to use the forum to announce the production of a project I've called:

I won't say anything about the story because I'm still working on it.

I'm making this game with The Game Factory 2; I find it easier to use than Game Maker.

If I'm talking about it, it's not only for the publicity, but it's also to ask for some help from the Metroid community. I would need some sprites, musics and all a good game needs to exist.

For those who would ask, I searched through sites such as Metroid : Fan Mission or The Sprite Ressource and I took everything that could be useful.

If you have any suggestions or comments, please feel free to reply (that's why forums exist, right?).

If you're interested, you can send me your sprites, tiles, music, etc. by PM or email. just insert "Metroid Shattered" or "Fangame" in the subject line. If not, just comment and give me your ideas if you have some!

If you need more information, please ask!

I look forward reading your replies and thanks in advance for your help!!!

Smiley

Hard to comment on anything when all we know is the name of the game and its probably unfinished title screen. (Which looks rather cool though!)
I mean, any real content ready?
I'm not trying to discourage you or anything, but starting a new hack/fangame topic with so little content isn't so recommended here.

UpperDav

I know, but that's all I could show for now since I lost allmost all the data I had for my project. Maybe I shoud've waited to get some more stuff before posting it, but I just want to make sure that I'll get all the help I need. This project is wroth a lot for me and I really want to finish it (and losing all my data just adds more challenges).

EDIT : If you want some more, I can tell what I got for the story:

QuoteThree years after peace has been instored by our well-known bounty hunter, a Galactic Federation probe detects the presence of a new planet. The HQ sends a research station where that planet was located to comfirm the finding and, if it's really a planet, to get every information about it (fauna, flora, geology, etc).

After a month, the Federation HQ lose contact with that research station. They start to think that the Space Pirates may have returned. To be sure of it, they ask Samus to go to that planet and to investigate why contact has been lost. In the case that the Pirates are really back, they also asked her to know what they're up to.

If you want to help me to get mome "real content", you're welcome.

By the way, I'm glad that you like my title screen. Unless you have some ideas to improve it, I think this is gonna be the final version of it.

Zhs2

This topic is still an example of misdemeanor 14. You're welcome to help yourself to the stuff people have released publically, but asking for stuff right off isn't the best way to make a good impression. Plus, even if people considered making stuff for your project, which is a small chance given most are working on their own projects, how would anyone know what you are looking for if you can't share any details?

UpperDav

Well, it looks like I didn't have time to edit my last post before being "re-replied".

Metaquarius

No offence UpperDav, I don't like your title screen, I mean it looks very unpolished.
The "shaterring effect" on the letters is a good idea, but it is done quite poorly here.
Next improvement would be to made a completely custom backgroud image and logo.  :wink:

Unless you're done making the game engine, you shouldn't ask for graphics or musics.

interdpth

UpperDav

Quote from: interdpth on January 23, 2012, 04:17:05 PM
just hack fusion

The thing is: I don't want to create a game by hacking. I want to create a game from the start, from nothing.

Quote from: Metaquarius on January 23, 2012, 03:39:45 PM
Unless you're done making the game engine, you shouldn't ask for graphics or musics.

For the game engine, the codes are ready. I just need to create the levels (if I can call places like Brinstar a level).

Qactis

As everyone else said [including forum rules], you need to show some content before throwing your project out there. Screenshots, videos, whatever you have so far. Work on your levels and physics and what not then show what you got so far so that people know what you are doing and are interested. When you have their attention and a good amount of progress is when you can ask for help. No one will offer to help when you don't have any info or anything really to show them.