News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Top Hacks 2011 Discussion!

Started by MetroidMst, December 19, 2011, 03:16:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetroidMst

This is just to discuss the hacks up for awards this year.

Anyway it seems that Best Overall is pretty obvious, no need to go into that.

Every other category however is still up for grabs depending on each voters opinion. So discuss what is up right now, and remember, the One Week Hack competition hacks will count towards this year too if they are released before 2012, so there could be some really interesting hacks released that may fit some of the other categories really well. So we will find out about those hacks in the next couple weeks. Hopefully they will be extra creative and provide some real competition on these other categories. This could be very interesting.

Lunaria

I have not played a single hack released this year! :DDDD

[Achievement unlocked]

MetroidMst

Quote from: Crys on December 19, 2011, 04:34:59 PM

[Failure unlocked]
Fixed. This is sad. Even DSO has played one hack released this year, and he doesn't have a life.

Charmander106

Played Life and Super Zero Mission this year. I haven't beaten them both yet but my favorite was SM Life because unlike SZM I had a blast playing it. My reason is that the main path to beat the game (I think) was not as hidden and rough than SZM. But the creativity in SZM takes the cake as the most creative hack.

MetroidMst

Life was fun, though I also believe the main path wasn't very obvious either. Maybe I just went the wrong way, but I found SZM easier to figure out because I knew what game it was based off of.

EDIT: Why am I editing this? Well the One Week Hack competition just started this morning. I know a little of what is going on, so you may want to hold off your votes for now until you play these because there could be some very intriguing concepts going on in these. Could be interesting.

MetroidMst

Alright people, this is to help out Zhs2 with the Top Hacks voting. There has been very few nominations and only a couple days left! Get busy and nominate today!

Also, I mentioned earlier that SZM had no real competition for Best Overall. Then Red_M0nk3y decided to release Phazon 0.3 on us a couple of days ago. Which will it be...?

Zhs2

Crashtour convinced me yesterday to extend the nomination time due to hacks being released a little late. Nominations will be ending next weekend.

Katelyn

Quote from: Crys on December 19, 2011, 04:34:59 PM

[Achievement unlocked]

aigamerDS

I haven't play any of the hacks for many years due to the fact that the hacking community is pretty much dead as I haven't seen much activity from this site and m2k2.

Power Missile

Quote from: aigamerDS on January 01, 2012, 05:55:56 PM
I haven't play any of the hacks for many years due to the fact that the hacking community is pretty much dead as I haven't seen much activity from this site and m2k2.
Really?  I can understand M2K2, but here, we are pretty active for a small community.  Visit more often and play some of the 2011 hacks.

As far as I can see, we're alive and well, and 2011 has given us an ample amount of hacks.  Who knows what 2012 will bring?

Katelyn

Quote from: aigamerDS on January 01, 2012, 05:55:56 PM

Maybe on account of you not being here for a while now?

MetroidMst

[spoiler=A message from Zhs2 in IRC]YOU MUST PLAY ALL THE HACKS BEFORE THE 7TH SO YOU CAN NOMINATE THEM AND THEN VOTE FOR THE WINNERS OR ZHS2 WILL BAN YOU FOR LIFE![/spoiler]

Have fun cramming the hacks in less than a week people! :awesome:

Zhs2

Heeeeeeeeeeey. I don't remember saying that.

But what I did say:
Quote from: IRC17:57 <Chizuari> >mfw hacking communities are dead
And what someone else said:
Quote from: IRC19:38 <Scyzer> >I haven't been here for several years
19:38 <Scyzer> >hacking community is dead

Katelyn

Quote from: MetroidMst on January 01, 2012, 07:44:40 PM
[spoiler=A message from Zhs2 in IRC]YOU MUST PLAY ALL THE HACKS BEFORE THE 7TH SO YOU CAN NOMINATE THEM AND THEN VOTE FOR THE WINNERS OR ZHS2 WILL BAN YOU FOR LIFE![/spoiler]

Have fun cramming the hacks in less than a week people! :awesome:

And what I said:
[spoiler]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_jcZI4Ag6I[/spoiler]

aigamerDS

Quote from: Valiant Breeze on January 01, 2012, 07:29:07 PM
Maybe on account of you not being here for a while now?

True, I haven't been an active user for long time, I mainly focus mostly on YouTube and other popular site. If there's any hacks that's worth playing, let me know and I'll give it a try. Btw, I'm the responsible for RBO hacks since long time ago.

MetroidMst

Well, you could probably start off with the hacks that were released this year and are in the nomination topic, plus the One Week Hacks that were just finished, and add in Oxide, you simply MUST play Oxide too. But yeah, start with the new ones. A couple of them, Super Zero Mission and Phazon 0.3 are must plays as well. The two true mega hacks of this past year.

Malpercio

Voted SLT in all it's categories to troll Project
Voted Phazon otherwise.
Not that it matters because I haven't played either.

Zhs2

Bamph. It is finally done. advancedpillow will be plenty happy :)

Also, hopefully we can get some more writers next year. I had two, but one disappeared on me.

MetroidMst

Quote from: Zhs2 on February 04, 2012, 01:23:34 AM
Also, hopefully we can get some more writers next year.
That way I can blame the horrible writing on someone else. But glad this got done, and hopefully next year we will be more prepared and streamlined for all the end of year stuff.

JAM

MetroidMst

Look Zeke! JAM has volunteered to help finish 2010.

Lunaria

Quote from: MetroidMst on February 21, 2012, 10:34:26 PM
I valunteered when asked if I wanted to on IRC a week or so ago. Zeke never got back to me. <_<;

JAM

Quote from: MetroidMst on February 21, 2012, 10:34:26 PM
Aha, kidding again?
But seriously, I'm in if it helps to finish the job.

Zhs2

Oh, cool. I was going to post about this but I forgot. Sure, let's get to work putting up the pages from last year! I'll PM you both the list of winners and you can get back to me on the ones you'd like to write.