News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Metroid Achievements

Started by snipereighteen, December 11, 2011, 08:34:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snipereighteen

Hello everyone, this topic for those who feel like discussing their Metroid achievments. I'll start us of.

Metroid Zero Mission: Completing Hard Mode 100%.
Metroid Zero Mission: Collecting Varia Suit at the beginning.
Metroid Fusion: 100%.
Metroid: Actually getting to Tourain.
Super Metroid: Finding my way to Maridia.
Metroid Prime 2 Echoes: Defeat Quadraxis!
Metroid II Return of Samus: Completed.

And for hacks:

SM - Eris: Completed.
SM - Pantheon: Completed.
SM - Blitz: Getting to Ridley.
SM - Zero Mission: Defeating Motherbrain.
SM - Redesign: Actually getting somewhere.lol

Quietus

The only one I'd really consider an achievement would be when I completed Super with 100% in under an hour.  It's saddening when I think how much my reactions have slowed with age.  I can rarely break the 1:15 mark now. :neutral:

Also, my 100% run of Stardust in 0:30 is pretty good. :^_^:

I've also 100%ed Redesign a few times, and have completed Prime.  That's about it.

TheAnonymousUser

Achievevments:
25 Years of Metroid - Celebrating 25 years of Metroid (done my Metroid Marathon)
Mission Accomplished - Complete every Metroid game (to date) 100% (Without savestates)
You broke it - complete the 2D Metroid games (except Metroid Fusion) by 'Sequence breaking'
This game knows no boundaries - Leave the room boundaries in Metroid Prime without Moonjumping
(I tried to keep this as close to an actual achievement system as possible. That's just me I guess)

ROM hack achievements:
There isn't much for me to put here beside I've completed most of the hacks out there all ready (without getting permastuck'd).
Some hacks I will go back to and 100% them (once I've controlled my obssesion for DoDonPachi).

Don't worry Queitus, the fastest I can ever do on Super Metroid 100% is apptoximately 1:30 unassisted (and not sequence broken).
An hour and a half is good enough for me I guess.

Mon732

MP3: Corruption  -  Beating the final boss on Hypermode. Took several rest breaks and ended up with repetitive strain injury from strafing so much
Super Metroid  -  Using smile to place me at the start of Tourian with 5 supers, high jump boots, morphball, bombs and ice beam then getting past all the metroid rooms.
Metroid Fusion  -  Beating nightmare.

zephyrtronium

In Fusion, I have performed multiple jumping corollax tricks and have landed double hits on eyeguys multiple times each on console.
In MZM, I have done the acid worm hbj skip.
I beat CHO.

Zhs2

I've done a Fusion 1% run. It's easy as long as you don't get hit by anything, but that's easier said than done since later in the game pretty much every enemy will terrorize you with one touch...

Malpercio

The only remarkable thing i've done to date is Varialess ZM, all difficulties. I've toyed with the idea of a 99 energy run but i don't know if i've actually started.

snipereighteen

Same, one achievements i'm trying to do is complete Metroid Fusion without any energytanks. I'm stuck and Yakuza (the spider) up to now. Same with Metroid Prime too, but on the Trilogy version.

JAM

OK, my 2 cents.

Metroid
1. Completed with 100%.

Super Metroid
1. Found a way to get 135% (GT code).
2. Did max% high gravity run.
3. Did gravityless Maridia run.

Metroid Prime
1. Finished Normal mode with 100%.
2. Saved 2 statues from destuction by Ridley in Chozo temple (although appearing chozo ghosts destroyed them).

Metroid Prime 2
1. Finished Normal mode with 100%.
2. Got Sky Temple Key 7 (?) without Light Suit. Don't remember exact number of this key, but I had to run very fast like hell through bugs were eating my Dark Suit and I had to recover HP from Darklings.

Other M
1. Finished phase 1 with max possible items (90%)
2. Completed Normal mode with 100%

snipereighteen

Quote from: JAM on February 16, 2012, 08:10:39 PM
2. Saved 2 statues from destuction by Ridley in Chozo temple (although appearing chozo ghosts destroyed them).

I've gotta admit, that's amazing! I've never actually tried doing that.

JAM

Quote from: snipereighteen on February 17, 2012, 03:03:15 PM
I've gotta admit, that's amazing! I've never actually tried doing that.
Thanks =) I've added more achivements I've reminded.

Metroid
2. Escaped the Tourian in the very last moment. I saw BOOM and normal ending sequence after that =)

Super Metroid
4. Cleared in 01:48 with 100% and visiting every possible sector in every room.

Metroid Prime 3
1. Got juggling bonus 50. Actually, I was expecting to get another medal, but haven't got it. Now I can try to win in unofficial space marine GF shooting contest =) Too bad, there isn't any in the game. I've got to play 3 weeks to do this and "shots fired" counter was 87xx when I land on Norion =)
2. Got no damage in geothermal reactor room in Norion before Ridley appears. Again, no medal =(

Qactis

Metroid: 100%
SM: any% :38, 100% 1:04
ZM: 100% Hard
MP1: 100% hard, early space jump lol?
MP2: 100% hard