News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Snes Top Gear - Dodge Viper

Started by SloppyJoe95, November 19, 2011, 10:49:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SloppyJoe95

So I love the game Top Gear for the SNES but I don't like the cars very much so I want to put one of my favorite cars in it. I already started out of boredom and I'm not sure if it's worth continuing on cause I've spent several hours drawing to get to where I am now, but I want to share it.
Feed back?  :yay:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

EDIT(S)

Update 1:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Update 2:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Minor update: (Slightly modified sprites)
[spoiler][/spoiler]

FullOfFail

Pretty cool. Never played Top Gear, though. I say go ahead and finish it since you have that much done. Then you could just release it as a patch. I'm sure there's a sub-culture interested in it.

SloppyJoe95

Thanks! I'll continue it then. Although the part I've drawn above is for the view in the pits (repair), I haven't started the sprites for actual gameplay lol It will be difficult.

Power Missile

As a car enthusiast, I can say that you've done a pretty superb job of drawing the Viper.  It's pretty close to the real thing (as far as SNES graphics go); still, there are little details that are missing from your drawing, though whether this is to a lack of attention to detail or graphical limitations, I can't say.

SloppyJoe95

Wow thanks =D
I've updated the graphics slightly (Another pic added above)
And if you're willing to help by telling me of these missing details, I'd appreciate it! :cool:

Power Missile

Sorry for the little bump.

I'm no GFX artist, so I'm not knowledgeable about GFX editing, but consider attention to detail, such as the black door handles on the car (I think those are door handles).  What car did you replace with the Viper by the way?

EDIT: Turns out it uses fictional cars.  Never mind!

Qactis

I'm in love with Top Gear I own it and I've beaten it countless times (horizons). That's sick as fuck bro I'd love to use that car when you finish with it.
Quote from: Power Missile on November 27, 2011, 10:39:00 PM
What car did you replace with the Viper by the way?
He used the red car. xD

So do you have plans for the other cars? Lambo to replace the purple car? Lotus Exige for the white car?