News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Super Metroid: Fear

Started by MetroidMst, August 02, 2009, 06:20:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetroidMst

Quote from: M1CR0H4CK3R on September 21, 2014, 06:04:18 PM
Would I be correct in my assumption?
No. This was sadly all explorable and filled with slope-elevators everywhere. And to think people look forward to this hack. :P

MetroidMst

A double post at the cost of tripling your fear of the hack. I did a thing to show off the new starting area, and then I ended up showing bits and pieces of different things.

[spoiler=Fear Preview 2014]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxrzC7rarqY[/spoiler]

Retroo

the blue background is ugly

Alisa Orlova

The Monster of Surrealton

I nominate the barking dog in the video to be the official animal mascot of Metroid Construction.

Grimlock

Quote from: retroknuckles on October 25, 2014, 02:18:51 PM
the blue background is ugly

Wait a minute, are my eyes deceiving me, is that Smurf blue in a MST room?  You know what we do with Smurfs around these parts....  :stern:

Dark_Link

Hello MST, Dark Link here. You might remember me from G+/YouTube because I called you the Metroid Master. I was hoping to learn the actual planned year for the release of Fear. Also I was wondering if you would play my Hacks when I start making them. I'm not going to force you to play them, but I would like to see you play a hack of mine when I start making them and possibly have DSO and Vismond play them also. As for the compatibility with the hack. Will I be able to play it on my Tablet? I tried playing your other hacks on this but they wouldn't load.

Vismund Cygnus

Quote from: Dark_Link on June 19, 2015, 10:25:27 PM
I was hoping to learn the actual planned year for the release of Fear.
Also I was wondering if you would play my Hacks when I start making them.
Probably
Vismond
I am offended
Will I be able to play it on my Tablet?
As long as you have a decent emulator (if your tablet runs on Windows/Android I recommend snes9x) and you patch it right, any hack should run just fine.

Dark_Link

Sorry for the typo Vismund, I do type fast on this. I do use Snesx9, only emulator that has proven to be worthy. I'll need help with the patching though. I haven't patched a rom before, I just get lucky and find some that doesn't need to be patched. The only hack that I've finished though was Hyper. I was close on Airy, final area but got stuck then resetted without save stating.

MetroidMst

As for patching, the main site has a useful page explaining it.

As for the other things, Vismund is correct. The reason for the date being so far out is there is going to be a total overhaul of the entire game so it can use some other things not available to any hack currently. I've actually showed some stuff off on stream a few times, but don't hold your breath for another thing like that for a while.

Dark_Link

Alright, Bubble King. Keep up the Hacking and Racing. I might even join in with the races one year, if you're okay with me doing so. I might start hacking near the end of this year. I might not be able to with school and all, but I will try to find the time to do so and start off with !mini hacks and work my way up to full hacks.