News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Super Metroid: Fear

Started by MetroidMst, August 02, 2009, 06:20:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetroidMst

Just had to update this with Cloud's excellent, and completely 100% accurate timeline of Fear's progress. Enjoy! (And grab some pizza in eleven years!)

[spoiler=Fear Timeline by Cloud13]
http://youtu.be/D4XVBsvsnPI
[spoiler=Image][/spoiler][/spoiler]

Jordan5

Quote from: MetroidMst on October 19, 2009, 12:15:03 AM
Super Metroid: Fear

Fullhack. ASM changes to items and bosses. New GFX. In the same vein as Searching For Items, only bigger and more difficult. Exploration based with a few spots of intense action. WIP for now. ETA is mid to late 2010.

Only just missed your initial deadline  :wink:

MetroidMst

Just barely. But then ideas happened, and 90% fell to 24%.

Quietus

Plenty o' work to do = 2032. :cool:

Marc24

I have been waiting on this project for a while now, I just want a reasonable release date, also can you post some sort of progress report, pics of recent developement? thanks.

-Marc24

personitis

Does this count? It was five months ago but it's still something!

Super Metroid: Fear Preview Stream

MetroidMst

Because no news is good news, I decided to break the silence and offer news! And now you regret it.

[spoiler=Don't look][/spoiler]

What else lies in store for you poor players who think this might be a fun hack to try out sometime? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING00110101!1!
2032 can't come late enough!

Eppy37

Release date is too far, 0/10

Quietus

I'm sure you could do something more with that key, Mst.  It sticks out like a sore thumb.  Could you not just copy the key from SMW or Yoshi's Island?  You've already got the palette there from the yellow tiles.

Su

Quote from: MetroidMst on June 07, 2014, 09:18:22 AM
Because no news is good news, I decided to break the silence and offer news! And now you regret it.

[spoiler=Don't look][/spoiler]

What else lies in store for you poor players who think this might be a fun hack to try out sometime? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING00110101!1!
2032 can't come late enough!

It'd be creepier if those eyes of nothing were wide-open and bleeding. What Quietus said also.

Smiley

Quote from: Dragon-Tamer795 on June 07, 2014, 10:40:23 AM
It'd be creepier if those eyes of nothing were wide-open and bleeding. What Quietus said also.
Hyper-realistic blood, I presume?

Su

Quote from: SMILEuser96 on June 07, 2014, 10:51:09 AM

But of course! ...Wait, is that even possible? TELL ME HOW :3

MetroidMst

Quote from: Quietus on June 07, 2014, 10:18:59 AM
I'm sure you could do something more with that key, Mst.  It sticks out like a sore thumb.  Could you not just copy the key from SMW or Yoshi's Island?  You've already got the palette there from the yellow tiles.
You should be far more worried about other things. Very worried.

Weterr123

personitis

Quote from: MetroidMst on June 07, 2014, 03:32:39 PM
Quote from: Quietus on June 07, 2014, 10:18:59 AM
You should be far more worried about other things what that key does. Very worried.
Fixed.

Kitsune_Phoenix

Oh god, not that again...

Su

Quote from: Kitsune_Phoenix on June 08, 2014, 01:54:33 AM
Oh god, not that again...
In truth, I prefer pixelated blood to "hyper-realistic" blood, as the latter just doesn't look right and therefore is not realistic. Pixels can have style to them.

Eppy37

Quote from: Weterr123 on June 07, 2014, 09:16:28 PM
NOT COOL BRO.
No it must be cool. with those dark and weird colors, I can't imagine it being Hot.

* Eppy37 leaves.

MetroidMst

Time to add hyper realistic bosses to the hack.

Kitsune_Phoenix

So... Not Ridley, Not Kraid, Not Phantoon and Not Draygon?

I always wondered what it would be like to fight another Chozo warrior who had a grudge against Samus for whatever reason.

Quietus

Yup, cause an armour covered bounty hunter with a cannon for an arm is so much more realistic than a dragon, a lizard, a fish, and a ghost. :heheh:

DSO

Quote from: MetroidMst on June 09, 2014, 10:56:07 PM
Time to add hyper realistic bosses to the hack.
Samus will fight herself, Link, Zelda, Captain Falcon and then the hardest fight of all, a duel with Fox on Final Destination.

Source: [spoiler][/spoiler]

Kitsune_Phoenix

You are evil. Next thing we know, Samus will pull a Megaman and absorb weapons from bosses. Much like Fusion but on a regular basis.

Then she'll go PAAWWWWWWWNCH!

Metaquarius

I'm seeing a key on that pic. Realistically, keys open gates, right? My assumption is that key opens the gate of never ending nightmares but I could be wrong about that. :heheh:

MetroidMst

It is pretty key to advancing in the hack after all. And most likely nightmares.