News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

K-2L Gfx: Version 1.0 Release 6/18/15

Started by Rimrook, April 29, 2015, 11:34:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rimrook

This is how the redraw is going. Haven't worked on it in a while though.

SpoOkyMagician

Nice updates to the tileset. :grin: Those pillars/walls look amazing. (My favorites.) Everything else looks great too though. Keep up the excellent work. :D

~ SpoOkyMagician

advancedpillow

Reminds me of Rendering Ranger.

JAM

Quote from: Rimrook on May 12, 2015, 05:45:57 PM
I won't be adding any new features from what already exists, but I'll likely cut the tree out.
That's sucks. I really liked that trees. But... what stopping you from making 2 or 3 tilesets, as new SMILE will have full support of 255 of them? For example, one tileset with landing site, lamps, bridge and trees, and another one with walls and lamps?

Rimrook

Version 1 released. See first post for download and info.

RealRed

Just a few tips:
- The X girders in the facility should use a darker palette. They loook like foreground elements

- K2L is on earth, right? Not zebes? Might be worthwhile to make a new sky... not to say it looks bad.

Superb tileset. Can't wait to see your next big project.

Rimrook

K2L is a human occupied planet that Samus was born on but was attacked by space pirates. She was orphaned and picked up by Chozo responding to a distress signal, namely Gray Voice, who raised her on Zebes. As much as I have researched, the planet is intact and hasn't blown up yet. It might be occupied by pirates now though.

As for the palette thing, there's one that can be used. I ran out of time and I wanted this out today. Small edits like that doesn't exactly warrant an update in my book. But thanks for the feedback. :)

RealRed

Quote from: Rimrook on June 18, 2015, 02:54:39 PM
K2L is a human occupied planet that Samus was born on but was attacked by space pirates. She was orphaned and picked up by Chozo responding to a distress signal, namely Gray Voice, who raised her on Zebes. As much as I have researched, the planet is intact and hasn't blown up yet. It might be occupied by pirates now though.
Oh, lol, I know. I was just giving you a rhetorical question since you used the crateria sky rather than an earthen blue one.

... Wait, I thought K2L was the name of the colony *on* earth?

Rimrook

I thought there was a Colony ON K2L. I don't want to start one of those heated internet arguments :(

Wikitroid states K-2L is a planet and Earth colony on which Samus Aran lived.

It's a Planet AND Earth colony... WE'RE BOTH RIGHT! SHUT THE INTERNET DOWN BEFORE WE CAUSE A BLACK HOLE!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..........

MetroidMst

The official name is "Star Colony K-2L" in the manga. Kind of pointless to include the word "star" in the name for readers who are on Earth, if the colony wasn't in the stars from the reader's perspective. And to close your loop, it is a colony of "Earth people" on the planet K-2L.

Rimrook

Crisis averted.

Either way, the 8tiles and open space in the set can all be used some how for background elements, it's it's a decent amount of space. I haven't read the manga so I don't exactly know what k-2l looks like. Wiki tepid says it features rocky mountains specifically.

I left in the clods to perhaps have some backwards compatibility with the actual landing site on zebes but I have limited hacking experience so I don't know if it was even a smart choice to do so. If I ever get some kind of background stuff made up, I'll make an update.