News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

General Projects Screenshots/Vids Thread

Started by Zhs2, May 15, 2009, 10:44:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cpt.Glitch

It is a custom enemy that Mst was polite enough to let me use. I believe smiley is the one who actually coded it.

MetroidMst

Scyzer coded it for Fear a long time ago, Smiley helped me adapt that into Monstool Mash.

Damski

Quote from: Vismund Cygnus on February 14, 2016, 06:53:28 PM
I'll be much more impressed when you do this Starman:
[spoiler]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRcPA7Fzebw
[/spoiler]
Anyway, I'm curious. Is that an entirely custom enemy, or just a resprite with some other fancy shaky edits?

I love that song.. SOmebody should make starman custom music to metroid without lyrics of course..:D

Quietus

Perhaps they were bugs like those you see in Zero Mission, which you 'carry' to eat those blobby enemies that block your way. Or possibly they were just harmless scenery that ended up being considered an unnecessary obstacle.

biospark

Scooterboot9697

Something I should clarify: Physix/AlexR and I are tossing GM resources back and fourth at each other. I would say we're "collaborating", but we're both designing our own engines, so it's not one shared project. We just show each other our source code every once in awhile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WShRslydT1M

So yeah, I've rewritten everything. Tell me what you guys think.
(I would say my game plays better than Physix's, but his graphics/sprites are superior.)
:colonrightv:

The Monster of Surrealton

[spoiler=Phantoon's room in So Much Hell: Apocalypse "Q"]

http://i.imgur.com/XVtv4Dm.png

I pray the spikes will work when the power comes on.
[/spoiler]

Edit: Added the link below the image - Mon732

Cpt.Glitch

personitis

A Dummy

I don't see anything unfortunately, but I'm going to take a wild guess and say the room is all spikes that turn on after Phantoon dies. lol

personitis

I quoted the post, found the url between the img tags, and opened it in a new tab.

A Dummy

Huh, that's a pretty clever workaround for images, I'll remember to do that in the future.

Also lolz, that's basically what I expected to see, although taking a step further than what I was picturing.

Physix

I seriously have no idea why you'd use this over a PBomb

The Monster of Surrealton

Because Psycho Crusher is cooler  :grin:

Physix

Quote from: The Monster of Surrealton on March 05, 2016, 09:42:56 AM
Because Psycho Crusher is cooler  :grin:

http://s27.postimg.org/sv3eg95mr/Wave_Swirl.gif

Yeah I guess it is cool. It just seems like it lacks something... I dunno.

FPzero

While cool, it doesn't feel like a Wave Beam combo. Unlike the Spazer combo, there's nothing Wave Beam-like about the attack. It looks like it should be an add-on to the Speed Booster if anything, not a Power Bomb Combo. I think that might be what you feel is lacking.

Lunaria

Quote from: FPzero on March 05, 2016, 11:30:17 AM
While cool, it doesn't feel like a Wave Beam combo. Unlike the Spazer combo, there's nothing Wave Beam-like about the attack. It looks like it should be an add-on to the Speed Booster if anything, not a Power Bomb Combo. I think that might be what you feel is lacking.
^ Basically what this guy said.

Physix

Quote from: Lunaria on March 06, 2016, 01:58:48 PM
Quote from: FPzero on March 05, 2016, 11:30:17 AM
^ Basically what this guy said.

I thought WBeam was all about movement and purpleness... Got any better ideas?

FPzero

What about a wavy blast that explodes out in all 8 directions, either passing through walls or bouncing off of them?

Quietus

I still like the idea of Samus slamming her cannon into the ground, and having the two purple waves come out both sides.

Cpt.Glitch

Or she can turn herself into a huge Wave beam ball and fly around hitting enemies. (Like pikachu's final smash_

Quote58

Quote from: Quietus on March 06, 2016, 07:41:11 PM
I still like the idea of Samus slamming her cannon into the ground, and having the two purple waves come out both sides.

sounds badass, would love that one

Cpt.Glitch