News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

General Projects Screenshots/Vids Thread

Started by Zhs2, May 15, 2009, 10:44:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

altoiddealer

That's really cool.  I hope to play a hack one day with your awesome system implemented.

Quietus

It looks pretty well polished to me, and could be great if it ships with a level editor. :^_^:

passarbye

I am drooling over this. You've done an amazing job with GM:studio! It's such a great creation platform and i've had a great time working with it again after so many moons.
I'd love to create something with it (public release?), there's just so many possibilities with GM that a Snes couldn't even handle.

Scooterboot9697

Quote from: Quietus on January 19, 2016, 01:16:53 PM
It looks pretty well polished to me, and could be great if it ships with a level editor. :^_^:
If you're describing Metroid's take on Mario Maker, I would probably have to take a big step up from Game Maker and re-code the entire thing from the ground up... I could probably do it after I've gone to collage and got a programming degree, but I won't make promises. :bounce:

Quote from: passarbye on January 19, 2016, 02:05:33 PM
I am drooling over this. You've done an amazing job with GM:studio! It's such a great creation platform and i've had a great time working with it again after so many moons.
I'd love to create something with it (public release?), there's just so many possibilities with GM that a Snes couldn't even handle.
I'd love to do a public release, but there's just so much more to add and more polish to do, believe it or not. I need to add enemies, and hell, I don't even have breakable blocks (of any type) implemented yet. Probably when this thing's complete, I'll simply release the source, as a resource for game makers. :yay:

And maybe after that, I'll make my own game out of it... :p

altoiddealer

Ok I want to revise my comment - I thought this was an unbelievable hack of SM  :lol:

Nonetheless I am looking forward to playing any game made using this engine - nice work!

Scooterboot9697

Quote from: altoiddealer on January 19, 2016, 04:11:09 PM
Ok I want to revise my comment - I thought this was an unbelievable hack of SM  :lol:

Nonetheless I am looking forward to playing any game made using this engine - nice work!
And I thought you were simply commenting on biospark's work. It's good to know I've pin-pointed the original SM enough that it's hard to tell the difference. :heheh:

FPzero

That is a very impressive engine you have there. Samus's animation frames look really well animated and the little bit of smooth rotation that's been added for spins and stuff looks pretty good too. I like the little effects like the Alucard-style aftertrails coming off of Samus when jumping or grappling. The Inventory screen looks very nice as well and I like how you have a quick select for three beams up there. The Charge Beam bar looks great as well, though I'm not sure about your use of Other M's sound effects for it. They stick out a lot compared to the other 16-bit sounds you've imported from SM.

I'm definitely looking forward to what you do next.

Scooterboot9697

Quote from: FPzero on January 19, 2016, 04:43:18 PM
That is a very impressive engine you have there. Samus's animation frames look really well animated and the little bit of smooth rotation that's been added for spins and stuff looks pretty good too. I like the little effects like the Alucard-style aftertrails coming off of Samus when jumping or grappling. The Inventory screen looks very nice as well and I like how you have a quick select for three beams up there. The Charge Beam bar looks great as well, though I'm not sure about your use of Other M's sound effects for it. They stick out a lot compared to the other 16-bit sounds you've imported from SM.

I'm definitely looking forward to what you do next.
Yeah, proper and consistent sound effects are one of the things I'm lacking (I have almost no skill with audio-stuffs). :bounce:

passarbye

Quote from: Scooterboot9697 on January 19, 2016, 04:09:16 PM
I'd love to do a public release, but there's just so much more to add and more polish to do, believe it or not. I need to add enemies, and hell, I don't even have breakable blocks (of any type) implemented yet. Probably when this thing's complete, I'll simply release the source, as a resource for game makers. :yay:

And maybe after that, I'll make my own game out of it... :p
:portal: I'll sub your Youtube channel, just keep it up! (i also liked your terraria mods back in the days of 1.2, didn't know that was you)
PM me when you do release it or get close, I've been waiting on a 'decent' GM engine for metroid for about 5 years now. lol

Quote58

This is an incredible engine, I even got some ideas for hacking haha

Scooterboot9697

Quote from: passarbye on January 19, 2016, 06:20:51 PM:portal: I'll sub your Youtube channel, just keep it up! (i also liked your terraria mods back in the days of 1.2, didn't know that was you)
PM me when you do release it or get close, I've been waiting on a 'decent' GM engine for metroid for about 5 years now. lol
5 years? You'd think after all that time you could've made an engine yourself. I made my engine in the course of 7 or 8 months. :lol:
But yeah, I'll notify you when I get close to release.

passarbye

Quote from: Scooterboot9697 on January 20, 2016, 10:05:53 AM
5 years? You'd think after all that time you could've made an engine yourself. I made my engine in the course of 7 or 8 months. :lol:
But yeah, I'll notify you when I get close to release.
yeah, during that time a lot has happened that's crippled me (not literally) from doing much on my own. It doesn't help that I'm not very experienced in writing code, but can read most it lol.
thanks  :^_^:

FelixWright

Quote from: biospark on January 19, 2016, 12:44:31 AM
Quote from: A Dummy on January 18, 2016, 10:02:28 PM
That's pretty cool, really opens up more options for Zero Mission hacks.
Does this mean we could switch other items into unknown items?
So that way someone could in theory make the Screw attack or Speedbooster into unknown items.

Yes, but it would require a decent amount of asm (not something I could write up quickly and distribute).

On the front of graphical issues with grav-suit:

http://forum.metroidconstruction.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=3376.0;attach=3133

This is a fixed version of PJboy's suit pickup patch.
QuoteMakes it so that you always have the suit the chozo gives you, which means you can't have the zero suit

If you can take what he has on suit data and find a way to still permit zero suit at endgame, that'd be nice

that being said, iirc all armor would have the fullpower shoulders

Having a not-full-power look isn't that bad imo as long as it gets the "new suit" animation when you pick it up.

Quietus

I saw this earlier, and I don't remember having ever seen it before. There's some dodgy stuff in there, particularly the animations, but some of it is pretty cool. :^_^:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ie5FO_BetOE

Jordan5

I have watched it before, not sure if it was linked here or not. It is pretty cool, although when I first saw it I thought it would be longer or playable. Maybe one day :razz:

Cpt.Glitch

Though I have seen this before I must say, this really is some good work. I particularly love how devastating the missiles and supers sound. Samus' animations are a bit wacky though which is quite unfortunate.

biospark

Graphics viewer/exporter/importer. This is the last feature I wanted to implement before the first release. There's still a bunch of other work I have left, though.

http://i.imgur.com/N6h1vSI.png

Tomtroid

Quote from: biospark on February 02, 2016, 05:00:48 AM
Graphics viewer/exporter/importer. This is the last feature I wanted to implement before the first release. There's still a bunch of other work I have left, though.

http://i.imgur.com/N6h1vSI.png

I don't think I can see the image. Imgur's acting a little weird.

biospark

Dark-SA-X

This is from my hack "Metroid 3: Hard Type"
Norfair is where the ice beam use to be
The ship area at the bottom will be a engine room and hopefully where phantoon will be fought against.

Quietus

Can you provide details on how it differs from all of the other hard versions?

Dark-SA-X

Quote from: Quietus on February 13, 2016, 10:12:34 PM
Can you provide details on how it differs from all of the other hard versions?

Yes enemies throughout the planet will have a better endurance against samus beams and some of her specialty items.
Switch around item locations,, hiding items in odd spots but are easy to find if your patient,decreasing some beam strength so players can' rip or bypass through everything.

More use of the x-ray vision and grapple beam the way nintendo intended it to be.
Using grimes skill patch I am building around it and balancing out everything.
I could make a video but I don't want to ruin anything just yet, if I had to say when I'll release...
It'll be right around christmas day for a full release unless I jack up the rom, demo wise probably be late May.
If you want a quick video let me know.

Vismund Cygnus

I'll be much more impressed when you do this Starman:
[spoiler]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRcPA7Fzebw
[/spoiler]
Anyway, I'm curious. Is that an entirely custom enemy, or just a resprite with some other fancy shaky edits?