News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

General Projects Screenshots/Vids Thread

Started by Zhs2, May 15, 2009, 10:44:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RealRed

Biospark, your love and devotion will change the lives of man; those who would hack fusion. :D!:

Quietus

Quote: You'll now have to make massive boxes, so that you can create a checklist for every expansion in the game, and have them ticked once they're collected. :grin:

Scyzer

Vismund Cygnus

Oh hey, that's really dawned awesome Scyzer. Super useful for idiots like me who have no idea how to do anything.

Quietus

I'm assuming this is similar to what the Yellow Scroll patch does, allowing easier changes of red / blue scrolls to blue / green? If so, does it also work when you touch the edge of the scroll area, or do you still need the scroll PLMs?

Vismund Cygnus

Quote from: Quietus on August 07, 2015, 08:00:02 AM
I'm assuming this is similar to what the Yellow Scroll patch does, allowing easier changes of red / blue scrolls to blue / green? If so, does it also work when you touch the edge of the scroll area, or do you still need the scroll PLMs?
I assume what it is is in fact an in-editor scroll PLM editor, as opposed to having to edit scroll PLMs through a hex editor. You'll notice that the internal scroll and external scroll in the second screenshot are different colours.  :^_^:

Quietus

Hmm, that's possible too. I'll await clarification, though if it could include yellow scrolls, it'd be even better. :cool:

Quote58

That already exists in smile vismund.
I assume it's just a visual aid where you can now see if a scroll has another state, which in my opinion is a welcome change that could be very useful.

Scyzer

The first pic is the result of moving the mouse over a scroll PLM in the Level Editor; it shows what scrolls the PLM changes and what they will be (the inside boxes).
The second pic is editing which scrolls the PLMs change. Inside boxes are what will be changed, while outside boxes are the original scrolls for the room.
Regarding the Yellow/Orange scrolls patch, RF is able to detect if the patch is in the ROM, but it's currently disabled anyway as the Yellow Scrolls patch is... well, broke as fuck.

Quietus

So, we need to get pestering Black Falcon first, eh? :^_^:

biospark

Quietus

It looks horrific, but since that's just how it is in-game, I guess it's good. :^_^:

Hawntah

I think my favourite thing about that screenshot are the gaps between the tiles. At last it will be possible to actually see what tile you're selecting. You might want to let the user customise the background colour though, in case they are using custom minimap tiles.

The only thing that's really missing is some sort of indication where the current room is on the map. Well, that and auto minimap generation based on room layout. :heheh:

Hawntah

Quote from: biospark on August 11, 2015, 09:12:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdtzOBLzUtA
But then you can't jump without activating the shinespark. If only you could spin jump in morph ball form...

Quote from: Scyzer on August 11, 2015, 08:03:28 AM
You've just given me an idea...
Too bad it's probably not GBAtroid-related.

biospark

Quote from: Hawntah on August 12, 2015, 12:49:26 AM
But then you can't jump without activating the shinespark. If only you could spin jump in morph ball form...
What do you mean? Even without this modification, you just springball if you're moving left or right when you hit A.

Hawntah

Quote from: biospark on August 12, 2015, 12:51:55 AM
What do you mean? Even without this modification, you just springball if you're moving left or right when you hit A.
Oh, never mind then. I thought it didn't work that way.

Quietus

It's a nice achievement, but all I see is a future of ridiculously hard morph spark puzzles for poxy missile packs. :neutral:

biospark

Quote from: Quietus on August 12, 2015, 05:03:19 AM
It's a nice achievement, but all I see is a future of ridiculously hard morph spark puzzles for poxy missile packs. :neutral:
Ridiculously hard puzzles are better than nothing! As long as I see gba metroid hacks :)

Quietus

biospark

Quietus

Most of the first lot looks like a bunch of debug / testing rooms, but they're still interesting to see. :^_^:

Quietus

I'd have expected some Samus pr0n as the test subject, but whoever floats your boat. :wink: