News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

General Projects Screenshots/Vids Thread

Started by Zhs2, May 15, 2009, 10:44:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scooterboot9697

I made a thing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAkmn6eKfUI
I've only been using Game Maker for about two weeks. Whaling at the keyboard while having Game Maker up apparently yielded something grand. :bounce:
Also, those Morph Ball graphics are not final, unless I can get permission from Drewseph, anyway...

So, I have no idea what to use this engine for.
My first idea was to remake Metroid 2, but since someone else is already doing that (cough AM2R cough), I don't see the need.

My second idea was to basically remake Metroid Fusion in a redone story line in which Samus took the Metroid vaccine before going to SR388, but she still needs to investigate... something... at the BSL Station, and it'd be a lot like Fusion, but it'd be a lot less linear. (i.e. you can get Plasma Beam early.)

My third idea was to remake Other M into a 2D game, but that could prove difficult.

My final idea was to remake Metroid Prime into a 2D game, but again, that could prove difficult. Though not entirely as difficult, considering I know Metroid Prime like the back of my hand, unlike Other M.

I honestly don't know, so if anyone has a suggestion as to where I could go with this, that would be great. As long as it's within my power, at least...

Edit: Or maybe I should start a new topic for this, I mean, to avoid cluttering the current topic with suggestions for my engine...

Quote58

I must say, this actually looks really good. Hope to see something interesting made with it some day!

Cpt.Glitch

Looks really cool! Whatever you come Up with I'm sure it'll be a hit.

personitis

Nice engine. Looks really solid for starting out. However...
Quote from: Scooterboot9697 on June 03, 2015, 09:28:06 PM
My final idea was to remake Metroid Prime into a 2D game, but again, that could prove difficult. Though not entirely as difficult, considering I know Metroid Prime like the back of my hand, unlike Other M.
Good. Luck. Room layout with a consistent map is not something that's not going to easily move back one dimension. Enemies may get a bit convoluted, complicated, or simplified as well (things that move in circles on the z-plane, enemies you need to dash behind, etc.). The upside is that you wouldn't be limited to the SNES's hardware as rain+water or snow+water isn't (easily) doable on SNES and a severe lack of buttons to handle all the actions a player could make (button combos are a good solution though!). Trust me, I've been around the block here. :<_<:

But don't let me kill you ambitions! You've got what seems to be a working engine so more power to you should you tackle such a monstrous task.

Scooterboot9697

Quote from: person701 on June 04, 2015, 02:40:08 PM
Nice engine. Looks really solid for starting out. However...

Good. Luck. Room layout with a consistent map is not something that's not going to easily move back one dimension. Enemies may get a bit convoluted, complicated, or simplified as well (things that move in circles on the z-plane, enemies you need to dash behind, etc.). The upside is that you wouldn't be limited to the SNES's hardware as rain+water or snow+water isn't (easily) doable on SNES and a severe lack of buttons to handle all the actions a player could make (button combos are a good solution though!). Trust me, I've been around the block here. :<_<:

But don't let me kill you ambitions! You've got what seems to be a working engine so more power to you should you tackle such a monstrous task.
Thank you for the constructive criticism on my ideas. I'm highly aware of all of difficulties it could prove, which is why it was merely an idea. I'm still unsure as to where I'm going with it. After all, it doesn't necessarily have to be a remake of a previous game. I could start my own, original game-story, but I haven't come up with anything...

Cpt.Glitch

More boss work. I'm probably going to end up expanding his tilemap.

Lazymoth

^ Metroid Spore Spawn, huh? The shell separates and you missile the nucleus? :)

Here's my game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEkcc-JCyVM

Still WIP but will be out in a couple months!

Cpt.Glitch

Quote from: Lazymoth on June 08, 2015, 08:12:17 AM
^ Metroid Spore Spawn, huh? The shell separates and you missile the nucleous? :)
Actually that's exactly it. Interesting looking game. I hope all goes well it it. :D

Quietus

It looks good on the ones higher up, but the ones on the ground seem to cause you to morph very quickly, like it's skipping the animation. Is that intended, or is it just going through the morphing animation as quickly as possible, causing it to look odd?

Quote58

It's actually doing the same thing for both, it just looks like a bigger difference in the same amount of time for the ground one, because samus is much taller standing rather than spinning. In spinjump, she's almost the same height as the morphing-into-ball pose, so it seems like less of a difference between each pose in the same amount of time, and as a result looks like it's slower.

passarbye

I like it. It's a nice addition to SM similar to what AM2R does. Now we just need power-grip.  :^_^:

CrAzY

Samus' favorite Chozo gift yet...

Only because I noticed the CRE palette had appropriate colors for a nice cheeseburger.  :grin:

DSO

The bottom half looks like a fat genie's face with dot eyes right above the impressive mustache and little ears, but then that green and pink layer throws the effect off a bit.

CrAzY

Hahaha, funny you'd say that, as that was the worst looking part to me to, after I truly examined the image. The fact you would dare criticize my one minute, 2-8x8 tile edit is truly heartbreaking to me. Let Samus have her cheeseburger in harmonious glee, you bastard.

Quietus

Take it to Norfair, to heat it up and melt the cheese. :^_^:

CrAzY

Samus always Speed boosts while steal--eating her food, heating it up or turning it to mush in the process. You thinking Samus' cheeseburger needs to be in a different region is Nofair.

I just pulled a half Quietus. I can only hope to be half as good. Your puns make a lurker happy.  :nod:

Quietus

I'm easy to please when it comes to people liking my puns, and am satisfied if just one in ten makes you laugh. I admit that I would be a little upset if no pun in ten did. :^_^:

snarfblam

[spoiler=Fat Samus Approves][/spoiler]

Quietus

Scyzer

Quote from: Quietus on June 13, 2015, 10:38:11 AM
I'm easy to please when it comes to people liking my puns, and am satisfied if just one in ten makes you laugh. I admit that I would be a little upset if no pun in ten did. :^_^:
I would be a little upset if no pun in ten did. :^_^:
no pun in ten did.

Intended.
Nope. That's enough internet for today. Goodnight Metconst.

Quietus

I'm glad I was able to help you sleep, Scyzer! :^_^:

Crashtour99

Figured this would be the best place to put this.

This weekend's music project:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9394977/music%20attempts/Metroid-Dread.mp3
Doom, FMA:Brotherhood, MetroidPrime, all in one song...

biospark

Quietus