News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

General Projects Screenshots/Vids Thread

Started by Zhs2, May 15, 2009, 10:44:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

personitis

I'm mainly an SM guy, but I'm starting to become giddy from thoughts of this getting ZM support. Keep up the work!

biospark

Quote from: person701 on April 15, 2015, 01:37:49 AM
I'm mainly an SM guy, but I'm starting to become giddy from thoughts of this getting ZM support. Keep up the work!

My goal is to make everyone fusion and zm guys :P

passarbye

Quote from: biospark on April 15, 2015, 01:42:47 AM
Quote from: person701 on April 15, 2015, 01:37:49 AM

My goal is to make everyone fusion and zm guys :P
so your goal is to make the editor better than DoubleHelix? awesome.  :^_^:

Kte

Wow, Biospark, this is just getting more and more amazing.  Even being able to place enemies that are spawned from x, so cool. I'm beyond excited to see the things that can be done with this editor.

Cpt.Glitch

If you beat double helix I'll love you.

Cpt.Glitch

personitis

I expect spawners for those to be ? blocks.

Quietus

And don't put too many in one room, as it won't leave mushroom to manoeuvre. :heheh:

biospark

passarbye

Those type of enemies were so under-used in the original.

biospark

Quote from: passarbye on April 17, 2015, 11:59:20 PM
Those type of enemies were so under-used in the original.
Yeah, there's only one of each. Not sure why.

Quietus

biospark

Quietus

Hallelujah!  That has been one of people's biggest gripes about previous editors. :^_^:

biospark

Quote from: Quietus on April 20, 2015, 04:16:54 AM
Hallelujah!  That has been one of people's biggest gripes about previous editors. :^_^:
Hm, did they not work before? I never actually tried.

Quietus

Unless it was changed in more recent releases, I seem to recall that it had to be done manually, by fiddling in a hex editor and stuff.  Next up, you'll have to make scroll editing less trollish.  Drag and drop the corners would be ideal.

biospark

Quote from: Quietus on April 20, 2015, 04:21:54 AM
Unless it was changed in more recent releases, I seem to recall that it had to be done manually, by fiddling in a hex editor and stuff.  Next up, you'll have to make scroll editing less trollish.  Drag and drop the corners would be ideal.
Well, there are no resources on that and I haven't done any debugging of it, so I guess I've got my work cut out for me (but I'll make sure it works :wink: )

Hawntah

I'm pretty sure door editing worked in all but the most recent releases and a hex editor was only needed for connecting doors in two different areas together. As for scrolls, perhaps this post about how they work in ZM could help.

biospark

Quietus

Quote from: Hawntah on April 20, 2015, 05:19:20 AMa hex editor was only needed for connecting doors in two different areas together.
That sounds like it.  I just remember seeing it in the readme. :^_^:

Cpt.Glitch

Door Editing in DH had alot of bugs. Good on you for making a superior  editor!

passarbye

Quote from: biospark on April 19, 2015, 09:17:45 PM
Door editing!
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]
PLEASE tell me all you have to do to connect doors is change the number in "connected door:" 

biospark

Quote from: passarbye on April 20, 2015, 12:20:32 PM
PLEASE tell me all you have to do to connect doors is change the number in "connected door:"
Yep. I'm going to add a check box that says "auto connect doors" to save you some work.

passarbye

Quote from: biospark on April 20, 2015, 06:34:29 PM
Yep. I'm going to add a check box that says "auto connect doors" to save you some work.
that's amazing.  :yum:

Cloud20