News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

General Projects Screenshots/Vids Thread

Started by Zhs2, May 15, 2009, 10:44:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smiley

Now, if you don't have an epic Samus vs. Samus (sort of) fight at the end of your trilogy, I will be truly disappointed.

Cloud20

Sadly it's more complicated like that :/
Also, I think we can find another time this character after the Cube series, so we can hope so.

Charmander106

Here is Green Brinstar again, this time with some new vine graphics. Still working on it, along with the background.

Smiley

Those door caps... eeh.
But damn man, those are some sexy tent-... vines. :grin:

Quote58

holy mother of fuck those vines are looking damn good. I've been waiting for someone to fix the fairly bad job nintendo did with them.

Quietus

Yup, they do look very good.  If I may make a request, could you possibly post some of your pictures using a basic pixel resize?  It doesn't always feel like I can appreciate the detail with the SNES's resolution. :^_^:

Charmander106

Here ya go Quietus, a resize of the last two images along with updates to the other two a while back.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Vismund Cygnus

Quote from: Charmander106 on December 04, 2013, 01:03:15 AM
Here ya go Quietus, a resize of the last two images along with updates to the other two a while back.

[spoiler][/spoiler]
oh sweet jesus
I want it all
now
It's beautiful.  :whoa:

Crashtour99

The next question of course is, will Samus get the same HD treatment?   :colonrightv:

begrimed

Holly fucking shit, that SM HD is gorgeous. Blows my red Brinstar HD outta the water, yo.

I will say I'm not really feeling those HUD icons; the borders disappearing to accommodate the icons kinda irks me, but that's literally my only complaint. Shit.

Cloud20

Jordan5

Those tiles in the statue room are just...wow. It's a shame the original SM didn't look like that as it would make vanilla hacks look awesome. :cool:

Quietus

Well, if it's a straight tile for tile replacement, then there shouldn't be any reason why you couldn't apply this patch to replace the graphics, and then apply those vanilla hacks on top.  Then you'd have a sexy vanilla hack.  Or, if I may spew forth a new portmanteau: You'd have a sexnilla hack. :cool:

Mon732

Quote from: Quietus on December 05, 2013, 06:09:09 AM
... apply this patch to replace the graphics, and then apply those vanilla hacks on top.  ...

You apply hack first then the graphics otherwise you just end up with the original graphics.  :heheh:

Black Falcon

Quote from: Mon732 on December 05, 2013, 01:53:35 PM
Quote from: Quietus on December 05, 2013, 06:09:09 AM
... apply this patch to replace the graphics, and then apply those vanilla hacks on top.  ...

You apply hack first then the graphics otherwise you just end up with the original graphics.  :heheh:
Actually, the order doesn't matter, as vanilla hack patches do not contain information about tilesets if not changed.
Just to clear things up a little. :^_^:

Mon732

Oh good point, I forgot patches only contain the changes. :P

FPzero

You know, at first I wasn't so sure about the HD treatment.  What you showed off originally felt like no big deal with just some slightly altered palettes.  But now that I can see things up close more and really take a good look, especially at the vines, I can see that there's some pretty good quality work going on in there.  So keep it up, you managed to make me less skeptical.

Charmander106

I'm glad to have helped in clearing in your suspicions FirePhoenix, along with the nice comments! I promise I will clear up a lot more details once
the first version of the hack is released, as well as reveal the truth about the hack.  :grin:

If you want to know the truth...

[spoiler]It's not as big as i'm making it out to be...[/spoiler]

altoiddealer

Is there anything that can be done to make these graphics aligned?

I'm sure you've seen this and thought of it  :heheh:  I'm guessing it must be like this if you're exclusively redrawing the tiles

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Vismund Cygnus

Quote from: altoiddealer on December 06, 2013, 08:36:03 AM
Is there anything that can be done to make these graphics aligned?

I'm sure you've seen this and thought of it  :heheh:  I'm guessing it must be like this if you're exclusively redrawing the tiles

[spoiler][/spoiler]
If you look just below that however, you'll see that those same tiles are used and they are in fact aligned. the trouble is that because he's not extending the graphics/tiletables (I assume anyway), tiles that are used in ways like that may not necessarily fit together properly.
In fact, the tiling may even look a bit off at that point in the original game.
It just looks off because while it fits in one spot, the same tile in an unchanged room looks incorrect in another.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that if he were adding more tiles, it could be fixed, however i'm 95% positive he's not doing that.  :heheh:
. . . . . . . . . .
Yet.

Charmander106

While I'm not extending tilesets I am replacing unneeded tiles, like those background tiles. So I'm just essentially making room in the tile sheet in an attempt to fix misaligned tiles.

Here is the tile sheet for Green Brinstar currently:
[spoiler]

As you can see, six 16x16 tiles and one 8x8 tile I can freely use for new tiles.[/spoiler]