News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

General Projects Screenshots/Vids Thread

Started by Zhs2, May 15, 2009, 10:44:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

personitis

Quote from: Digital_Mantra on November 14, 2013, 07:54:54 PMawww, I was really looking forward to giving super metroid a play with the new palettes and stuff.
This. I'm all over the idea of playing regular ol' SM with some snazzy, true-to-the-original looking palettes. Really interested to see what else you've got in store for the other tilesets. :nod:

Digital_Mantra

Well, before you make a hack with these new refined gfx and palettes, will you publicly release an ips so we can apply it to super metroid?
Cause seriously, I'm in love.

The Monster of Surrealton

That monster face looks so smooth and sexy.

Quietus

Quote from: Digital_Mantra on November 14, 2013, 09:49:28 PM
Well, before you make a hack with these new refined gfx and palettes, will you publicly release an ips so we can apply it to super metroid?
Do it!  Do it!  Do it! :cheers:

Vismund Cygnus

As much as I hate begging, releasing those updated GFX would be the greatest thing ever.
We'll give you cookies!  :grin:

Charmander106

I thought I was making a hack? Anyways once the graphics get done, I'll release the hack and make the new tilesets publicly available. As well as what the hack's future versions will contain.

Digital_Mantra

Yeah it would be amazing to play super metroid with your palettes and slight graphic changes that don't affect the gameplay.
From what I've seen in the pictures, the minute changes seem to keep the level design intact to the original.
Which is why most of us are politely begging.  :^_^:

Charmander106

There will be modifications to the original rooms but the layout will stay the same as vanilla sm. It's mostly just fixes, to fit with the altered tileset, or just something to make the room look better. But I'm glad that you guys like it, shouldn't take too much longer, though I'm not giving a release date. And I can't wait as well.  :lol:

Quietus

I guess the rooms could be tinkered with and beautified as much as you want to, as long as the physicality of each room remains unchanged.  By that I mean what was originally solid, air, etc.

Working on Brinstar, and made a new starting area similar to Crateria.

[spoiler=Brinstar]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Brinstar (with stuff circled)]

[/spoiler]

Also, I'm thinking about turning Norfair into a water/chemical plant, where you run through pools of water/chemicals with enemies and stuff you can't see for the area gimmick.

EDIT:

[spoiler=An idea of what Norfair will look like]

The second pic shows an updated suit palette for Norfair.

[/spoiler]

A quick video on the new starting area and entrance to Tourian.

[spoiler]

Metroid in Surrealton: Tourian Test

[/spoiler]

Still in the early stages. The new entrance to Tourian is a Chozo temple that turns into a mechanical facility as you get closer to the elevator room.

Chozo statues will be added, and that music problem in the shaft that plays Brinstar's theme and the tiles will be fixed. Also, an energy and missile tank will be hidden in the temple.

There won't any enemies in the temple, much like in Metroid 2 where as you reach the Metroid nest, the enemies disappear.

On the Super Metroid side, I've started making a Houston sprite edit.

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

The stomach detail seems to show up (that blue pixel on the stomach), but the reshaped visor and square shoulder pads aren't.

Digital_Mantra

That's a really good palette. I wouldn't mind patching it for fun.
Also, M1 hacks are awesome, keep at it.

SirAileron

Quote from: The Monster of Surrealton on November 23, 2013, 11:59:09 PMThe stomach detail seems to show up (that blue pixel on the stomach), but the reshaped visor and square shoulder pads aren't.

That's because both of Samus's suit forms have two separate sprites for facing towards the player. One shows up on load (I think?) and the other is for Elevator movement. Oh, and one of them is one pixel taller than the other. It shows up in the abdomen detail.

Quote from: SirAileron on November 24, 2013, 09:37:24 PM
Quote from: The Monster of Surrealton on November 23, 2013, 11:59:09 PMThe stomach detail seems to show up (that blue pixel on the stomach), but the reshaped visor and square shoulder pads aren't.

That's because both of Samus's suit forms have two separate sprites for facing towards the player. One shows up on load (I think?) and the other is for Elevator movement. Oh, and one of them is one pixel taller than the other. It shows up in the abdomen detail.

Just uploaded a save, and

[spoiler=it worked.]

[/spoiler]

Charmander106

Here is something else for SM HD. Got started on the HUD too!

Daltone

Quote from: Charmander106 on November 25, 2013, 05:00:46 PM
Here is something else for SM HD. Got started on the HUD too!

sweet jesus

i want it bad

Quietus

I like the bright eyes, and I like the slimey-looking tiles at the bottom. :^_^:

Cloud20

Oh god, the definition and palette of the rock are just incredible, and the water shine on it is really amazing, keep it up Charmy :D

Scyzer

I thought about doing a thing.

So I did a thing.

[spoiler=Thing.]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11341279/sand.avi

I do realise the corners are a bit unfinished. I haven't put in tables for those reactions yet. I also need to put in some animations so it doesn't just suddenly change GFX.[/spoiler]

Edit: Changed the link to Avi because some people seem to have shitty computers which cant play Mp4 lolol

Cloud20

Quote from: Scyzer on November 28, 2013, 04:50:26 PM
I thought about doing a thing.

So I did a thing.

[spoiler=Thing.]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11341279/newsand.mp4

I do realise the corners are a bit unfinished. I haven't put in tables for those reactions yet. I also need to put in some animations so it doesn't just suddenly change GFX.[/spoiler]

Reminds me destructible ground from Worms series. Can we expect a sort of blowtorch soon ?  :yay:
Btw, this stuff is quite awesome, good job Scyzer !

Quietus

Great work as always, Scyzer.  It would have been neat to see a few seconds of Wave beam ripping through it. :^_^:

Now you just need to have a boss covered in the stuff, and each block has so much health before it's removed, and you can then strike the boss's core. :cool:

Scyzer

Here's a better vid. This time with Wave beam :3
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11341279/sandlayer0.avi

I did a bit of fancy thinkering with the blocks too, so they can go sort of on another layer over layer 1. It's a bit limited, but works alright I guess.

Quietus

Cloud20

Let me introduce a character who will be central in the Cube hack trilogy.  :^_^:
Thomas Carter, kindly nicknamed "Mastermind" by his scientist colleagues, is originally the genius who programmed the virtual training program called Digital Cube, for the needs of Galactic Federation. I can't give more details, but all that you need to remember is that he will turn to be an unsettled antagonist.

Picture of him (also it is the first time I put a draw here  :yay: ):
[spoiler][/spoiler]