News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

General Projects Screenshots/Vids Thread

Started by Zhs2, May 15, 2009, 10:44:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quietus

That's pretty neat.  Is the TAS you're using the current record, or just a random one?

personitis

Definitely a TAS. I've never seen any human runner have a Ceres like that. Not to mention I think I've seen it somewhere before...

Vismund Cygnus

Quote from: Quietus on July 25, 2013, 05:06:15 AM
That's pretty neat.  Is the TAS you're using the current record, or just a random one?
That would be Saturn's RBO TAS record, as it says in the YouTube description.  :^_^:
[spoiler]Super Metroid - Reverse Boss Order speedrun in 0:26 by Saturn[/spoiler]

Quietus

Quote from: Vismund Cygnus on July 25, 2013, 09:05:56 AMThat would be Saturn's RBO TAS record, as it says in the YouTube description.  :^_^:
You don't see that when it's embedded.  And don't give me that codswallop about 'you could watch it on Youtube'.  I'm old, and have to save every click of effort I can. :heheh:

personitis

The forum's been pretty quiet today. *bloop*
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Quietus

Only two minor suggestions: Firstly, the ramps seem to be lighter than the rest of the rocks.  Secondly, it might be worth creating a tile to enable you to lengthen some of the stalagmites and stalactites, as they look a bit uniform.

Quietus

I knew there was a third thing that I couldn't remember for the life of me.  Thanks, MetroidMst. :^_^:

Crashtour99

Opinion time kiddos.  What do you think of the transitional animations.
Too jumpy?  Smooth enough?
Takes too long to actually transition to/from pushing?
(I think I still need to do a little adjusting of the horizontal positioning of the legs as they don't match up as well as I'd like)

[spoiler]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eA8eYsw9sU[/spoiler]

Parabox

It takes a tad too long for my tastes, but then again this stuff is hard to get down. If you look at the newer Castlevanias, it's a little too smooth and fast.

Vismund Cygnus

The transitions seem to take too long IMO. But it's looking pretty damned good.

Smiley

I agree. The transitions should be a little faster.

altoiddealer

I think the "start pushing" animation looks pretty legit, since I imagine all pushable blocks will be the size of Samus or larger.  "Stop pushing" definitely seems too long.

...Looks awesome!

Vismund Cygnus

Zhs2

HOLY SHIT CRASHTOUR
I FUCKING LOVE TRIPLE SHOT BLOCKS
(I blame Bloodsonic)
a haiku

Also Vismund I have no idea what the point of your video was.

Vismund Cygnus

Quote from: Zhs2 on July 28, 2013, 12:18:17 PM
Also Vismund I have no idea what the point of your video was.
Rarely do the things I do ever have any kind of point.  :colonrightv:

Cloud20

Waiting for progress for Darkholme (I'm waiting for a stuff)
Nikoshiba gaves me the envy to work a little bit on Smart Cube. Also, some rooms containing Beams in Smart Cube will take the form of a floor of Darkholme, each color in "beam" rooms makes reference to a keypatch in particular.

A classic blue room :
[spoiler][/spoiler]

A beam/darkholme like grey room :
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Nikoshiba

Quote from: Cloud13 on August 08, 2013, 12:49:13 PM
Nikoshiba gaves me the envy to work a little bit on Smart Cube.
I'm so proud to give you some motivation !!!
My 1st MetConst contribution ! ^^

By the way, these 2 pics look really good ! Keep on the good work !!!  :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

passarbye

Looks great Cloud! can't wait for progress on Darkholme. :)

Black Falcon

[spoiler=far from done]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vILdLwMeJIc
Oh man, what am I doing... :neutral:
Actually I'm just testing things. No guarantee this will ever be done...
[/spoiler]

Baconface

[spoiler=minihack landing site I guess?][/spoiler]
It's some kind of swamp...place. I might end up changing the ground tiles due to how grainy they are.

Lunaria

That's looking really great Baconface! :3
If there is one thing I'd say you should change it's the CRE and door palette to be a bit more dull like the rest of the colours.

Quietus

Yeah, I quite like the room.  The main chunnks of terrain could probably do with a little more variation too, but it needn't be overkill.

Baconface

Edited geemer sprite. Now it's some kind of snail thing.

You thought regular sidehoppers were bad? Try mostly-invincible robot sidehoppers! Sprites unfinished.