News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

General Projects Screenshots/Vids Thread

Started by Zhs2, May 15, 2009, 10:44:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote58

Qactis

process. In other words, the SBA appears after a charged shot hits an object or wall

Quote58

Ah, that wouldn't be too hard I imagine, but it wasn't what I had in mind for it.

Lunaria

Smiley

That's just a boss we've already seen with music we've already heard. What's so special about it?
/Not-to-be-taken-seriously

Parabox

Holy christraping dingoes, when can we get Super Fusion? This is fucking amazing!
[spoiler=IMG][/spoiler]

SirAileron

... wow, Serris does a ton of damage. And why in god's name are there spikes on the floor!?

Aside from that, equally amazing as the Omega Metroid. A fantastic job! :O

passarbye

a job very well done Metaquarius!
very impressive!

Crashtour99

I dunno.  I find it hard to believe that a person could code a boss, insert custom sounds and music, and essentially recreate a scene from one game in another, and yet fail so hard at basic level design choices like showing proper hints in Z-Factor...   

[spoiler]I'm calling at least partial bullshit.  (I know I'm not the only one either)[/spoiler]

interdpth

I can probably code an enemy if I felt like it. I could insert custom music.

And you know what?

I completely suck at level design. So I berieve.

Crashtour99

You also hack GBAtroid which I assume isn't an unbelievable pain in the ass to do musics in.   :heheh:

interdpth

I do have a midi2gba program, but nonetheless it's essentially the same. We write in an ASM file then assemble it to the ROM.

Metaquarius

[Nevermind]
BTW Glad you enjoyed the Serris boss battle ! Stay tuned for more ! :D!:

Quietus

I'll believe the boss battle when I see some evidence of it having been created.  It's such a mammoth job that I'm sure we'd have seen more gushing. :^_^:

interdpth

Crashtour99

Quote from: interdpth on February 03, 2013, 05:52:03 PM
He's legit.

I'm vouching.
Says the guy whose title is Professional Safety Troll.  lol

Just to be clear, I'm calling bullshit on the music and sound fx.  The boss AI and all that seem legit enough but there's no way he did custom music and sounds for that.

Katelyn

09:06:50 PM < Scyzer> I dont believe it purely because there is no lag between song changes
09:07:11 PM < Scyzer> unless meta somehow figured out how to merge multiple songs into one
09:07:24 PM < Scyzer> (which there is nothing about in kej's notes)
---------------
09:09:54 PM < Scyzer> the thing is
09:10:01 PM < Scyzer> there will be 1-2 seconds of lag
09:10:04 PM < Scyzer> when nothing else runs
09:10:12 PM < Scyzer> so the game just freezes for that time
09:10:27 PM < Scyzer> (like after beating mother brain, when the music changes)

Weterr123

Metaquarius, you're a fucking beast!!  :grin:

Fancy giving us an IPS to quash the doubters? (please tell me they're wrong, that Serris video got me very excited)

Zhs2

Serris may be real. The music and Serris' pain noise are not.

Weterr123

Quote from: Zhs2 on February 03, 2013, 10:50:15 PM
The music and Serris' pain noise are not.

If this is true, then  :pale: x 1,000,000

Metaquarius

Quotethere's no way he did custom music and sounds for that.
Quote< Scyzer> I dont believe it
QuoteI'll believe the boss battle when I see some evidence of it having been created
QuoteThe music and Serris' pain noise are not.
sigh'  :sad:
This kind of comments makes me sad and a lil bit angry. In other words, I'm disappointed, I was expecting more optimism from valuable metconsters like you.

So the controversy is all about custom music, eh ? What about releasing a small glimpse of it as an IPS patch ? May it be enough to convince you, what do ya think ?

On the other hand, I'd like to thank people who believe in me. If it wasn't for them, I would have already left this place for some times.

FullOfFail

Well, I haven't even spoke on this matter yet, but me being shameless like I am, I have to ask if I could test it too? :D Maybe make a small demo?

Zhs2

I thought the main method of controlling a crowd was shock and awe. My words are only backed up my Scyzer's hypotheses, and we have yet to see any real proof. Sorry for doubting you bro, but nobody just comes out of the blue and makes a video with a custom boss AND music at the same time, though I'm willing to start believing based on some of Z-Factor's ASMering.

Think on how this probably wouldn't be any different if you were a major game company making major reveals of things people have dreamed of for years, but aren't holding in their hands yet because it's still being developed. Something like Metroid Prime?

Crashtour99

Quote from: Metaquarius on February 04, 2013, 01:52:41 AM
So the controversy is all about custom music, eh ? What about releasing a small glimpse of it as an IPS patch ? May it be enough to convince you, what do ya think ?
Yep, for me it's the custom music and sounds.  The boss itself looks totally legit.  You can even see the emulator lag a little sometimes during the shot reaction when Serris starts flashing and changes AI movement routines/speeds.  So I don't doubt the boss itself at all.

In all of SM hacking there are only 3 people to have done stuff with custom music/sounds, and they're Kej, Scyzer, and DSO (all very accomplished and genius hackers skilled in the arts of asm).  So I hope you'll understand why some might doubt the authenticity of your video when such an accomplishment is exceedingly rare.

I'd believe the audio with a small IPS patch indeed.  Wouldn't need to be anything fancy.  Even just a patch kinda like Scyzer's old LOL.ips patch where the room directly left of the landing site is just a 1x1 basic room with music (maybe a generic enemy that uses the serris "ouch" sound when hit) would work.  Wouldn't need to be a public release either, just PM it to some of the naysayers.

I'd be happy to come back and retract my statements if proven wrong.   :wink: