News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

General Projects Screenshots/Vids Thread

Started by Zhs2, May 15, 2009, 10:44:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cloud20

Quote from: squishy_ichigo on November 15, 2012, 03:19:59 PM
With how amazing the bubble work is, I do hope to see more interesting foreground filler for the normal Crateria tiling. Good show.

Thanks, I think i will include the stone tiles from foreground ground graphics for it, it will be more nice to see.

Smiley

Welcome to the Temple of Lleh

Digital_Mantra

Quote from: Cloud12 on November 15, 2012, 07:42:25 AM
And theses ones are for a bubble hack too :

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
Holy shit that's amazing. Really gives that glow effect of prehistoric amber. Exciting stuff!

Cloud20

Quote from: Digital_Mantra on November 21, 2012, 01:53:58 AM
Quote from: Cloud12 on November 15, 2012, 07:42:25 AM
And theses ones are for a bubble hack too :

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
Holy shit that's amazing. Really gives that glow effect of prehistoric amber. Exciting stuff!
:^_^: Thanks

[spoiler][/spoiler]
This is the first room of Skypolis, the new area. (elevator shaft) Imagine the blue glow on skyscraper lights

PS : Good work to Smileuser96 for his old school 3D :)

Crashtour99

In a similar vein to Black Falcon's morph ball animation fix, I finally cracked space jump and screw attack.  Now to make some awesome gfx and rewrite a bunch of tilemaps.
[spoiler]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAjvTzUZZho[/spoiler]

Smiley

I believe you know him.

[spoiler]An eenie-weenie bit harder than in Super Metroid... define eenie-weenie.[/spoiler]

Damski

Working on with meta ridley. Head part is almost done..

Metaquarius

Quote from: Damski on December 14, 2012, 02:05:45 PM
Working on with meta ridley. Head part is almost done..

Amazing :whoa: Keeeeeeeeeeeeeep up !

JamieWebb16

Here is a sample of the new norfair foreground for my new norfair tileset:

Here is the room:

Enjoy! Would like some imput on it please.

Lunaria

Quote[00:31] <Lunaria> the brown with orange on it looks cool
[00:31] <Lunaria> however, it does not match the art style of the vanilla stuff

Quietus

I think those tiles would look better with the orange bits (lava?) on the inside of the tiles, which would give it the impression of the outer edges (toward the player) having cooled.

Crashtour99

Quote from: JamieWebb16 on December 18, 2012, 06:37:05 PM
Enjoy! Would like some imput on it please.
Graphically it works pretty well.  Doesn't deviate from SM's style very noticeably (in fact, it looks like you may have simply tweaked and partially redrawn some vanilla tiles).  So the tiles themselves are pretty good.

I think the main problem it has is palleting.  The brown works alright with the red, but the pink draws the eyes too much and throws off the balance of tilework within the room.

Cloud20

This is the actual map for Parasite Amber. The map give an idea of my progress on it.
Stripped tiles are for rooms planned for the moment.
Blue is Skypolis
Amber is Erodia

Btw for Darkholme the main patch is close to 93% of completion

Quote58

new background, also fitting the tileset into the station theme

A_red_monk_called_Key

Cloud20

:whoa:

Shadow96, the tileset is just awesome! Very good job.

And also... HAPPY NEW YEAR 2013 GUYS !

Quietus

Yeah, that's a great room, Shadow.  If I had to pick a flaw, it'd be that the grey, metal parts could be a touch lighter.

Lunaria

JamieWebb16

Back to show off more of the new norfair tileset. Here are some example rooms made with what I have so far on it:

[spoiler=Room 1][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Room 2][/spoiler]

As always, enjoy!

Quietus

Those larger pink blocks look odd.  I think they either need to be more rounded on the top, or more square on the bottom.  As they are they look uneven, almost like they're all pointing downward. :^_^:

Cloud20

Quote from: Quietus on January 01, 2013, 07:17:51 PM
Those larger pink blocks look odd.  I think they either need to be more rounded on the top, or more square on the bottom.  As they are they look uneven, almost like they're all pointing downward. :^_^:

Maybe with a little work of the palette it can be fixed, but to myself, this detail don't shocked me anymore :)

Qactis

Cloud20

Hovering cars from Skypolis area (Parasite Amber)

Hovering cars ! Enjoy :)

Small defaults : speed of them.
And wrong plateform placement stucking/bouncing the car at 00:25

Quietus

You may not need to move that platform.  Could you not create a BTS block that is solid for Samus, but not for enemies?