News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

General Projects Screenshots/Vids Thread

Started by Zhs2, May 15, 2009, 10:44:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snarfblam

Excuse me while I spam you with videos of my homebrew thing.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6hdl-p_OgE

The version in the old video was more of a mock-up. I've started working on an actual engine with much better physics and OMG scrolling!

FullOfFail

If you were to add some spikes, or other obstacles, that has alot of potential. Be best if you had a spring-ball too, though.

Qactis

Quote from: FullOfFail on May 08, 2012, 01:57:44 PM
If you were to add some spikes, or other obstacles, that has alot of potential. Be best if you had a spring-ball too, though.

You can't jump up in fall-down! :O

snarfblam

Quote from: Qactis on May 08, 2012, 03:28:32 PM
You can't jump up in fall-down! :O
Who said that it was a fall-down clone? In fact, I plan on having obstacles, hazards, enemies, and items (including spring-ball). The items won't necessarily work like they do in other Metroid games.

And yes, while I was making that video I did think of Icy Tower.

knuckles

Quote from: snarfblam on May 07, 2012, 09:27:15 PM
Excuse me while I spam you with videos of my homebrew thing.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6hdl-p_OgE

The version in the old video was more of a mock-up. I've started working on an actual engine with much better physics and OMG scrolling!

looks pretty cool so what will you call it when you're done? metroid: morph ball puzzles? ( no sarcasm intended here, just curious )
anyway it seems like if this was done it might be a popular homebrew game.

Damski

passarbye

Charmander106

The ice look really good. Your style looks like that of the GBA Metroid titles, which is very cool (no pun intended). Keep it up Damski!

JamieWebb16

Like the new one better. Keep up the good work Damski! :)

Damski

Thank you guys very much! It took a hell of a lot of time to do this shit. Here is another Upgrade but Imo I dont like BG so much it is too bright.

Qactis

I agree it is too bright, I also think it would look better with a little more of a trail coming off of the rocks. Like drag it down a little more close to the top of the rock below it. If you have a spare palette color to use for that reason it would be perfect.

Charmander106

I agree that it is too bright, the background could also be a bit more random but the tileset nevertheless looks incredible!

MetroidMst

I realy the old BG much better than the enw one. It is darker, it has the crystals that would work better with glows. Also, the blue solid part behind the ice is a little too bright. It may just be the BG giving that impression though.

A_red_monk_called_Key

looks good except one thing. the color palette, look at this image of vectorman.

the snow is bright because its absorbing the light from the sun. if you look at the ice cave in castlevaina sotn its dark and only takes on colors of the light available.

other then that it looking good.

Damski

Quote from: A_red_monk_called_Key on May 11, 2012, 07:41:11 AM
looks good except one thing. the color palette, look at this image of vectorman.

the snow is bright because its absorbing the light from the sun. if you look at the ice cave in castlevaina sotn its dark and only takes on colors of the light available.

other then that it looking good.

Thank you for Advice I'm going to try this.

Quote from: Qactis on May 11, 2012, 02:43:55 PM

fucking legit bro

Thank you Bro!!

Are New bg better or worse?

Zero One

MetroidMst

I like the sparkles. But maybe a bit more randomized than what you're got there.

Mon732

I'd say mix the background up a bit and fewer sparkles. Maybe so that you get the odd few that seem to catch the light.

Damski

Thank you guys for opinions. I'm not going to post these upgrades all the time but I would like to hear op about this one.  I added more details

Blarget2

The new one definitely looks more bloomy. more.... luminescent?