News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

General Projects Screenshots/Vids Thread

Started by Zhs2, May 15, 2009, 10:44:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zhs2

It's still not considered polite or allowed. People will release their content when they are ready, and you aren't helping it to go any faster. Quit asking for stuff.

Also, just to quote someone on IRC: You wouldn't go up to your mother and ask if you could have sex with her. Sure, she could say no, but it would still be rude.

knuckles

Quote from: Zhs2 on April 24, 2012, 08:21:27 PM
It's still not considered polite or allowed. People will release their content when they are ready, and you aren't helping it to go any faster. Quit asking for stuff.

Also, just to quote someone on IRC: You wouldn't go up to your mother and ask if you could have sex with her. Sure, she could say no, but it would still be rude.
Well I never really thought of it that way.... :P sorry

JamieWebb16

I intend to have it released as a public patch. But I haven't made the darn thing yet because of being darn lazy to do so. I don't have a problem with people wanting stuff from me, as long as they GIVE ME CREDIT, then I don't mind at all. :^_^:

Crashtour99

Finally got a HUD done to go with the new weapons system.  Gotten a bit of feedback in IRC, but would like a few more opinions on it.
[spoiler]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rywqnSt8Xc[/spoiler]

Black Falcon

Quote from: Crashtour99 on April 26, 2012, 03:31:18 AM
Finally got a HUD done to go with the new weapons system.  Gotten a bit of feedback in IRC, but would like a few more opinions on it.
Really awesome stuff you got there!
However I think it'd be better to simply grey out the ammo display when it's empty instead of making it flash like this, as
it'd get really annoying after some time. I suggest using the flashing only if your energy is almost depleted.
Also I wouldn't use vertical lines or brackets to visually separate stuff on the HUD, but blank tiles instead.
The rest can stay as is IMO.
Great job, dude.  :^_^:

Damski

I like it very much! But i think screwattack in hud is unnecessary. Why someone would switch Space jump instead of Screwattack?

altoiddealer

Quote from: Damski on April 26, 2012, 11:31:43 AM

I like it very much! But i think screwattack in hud is unnecessary. Why someone would switch Space jump instead of Screwattack?

It looks like Screw Attack needs to be selected in the HUD to be used, but I may be wrong.  I suppose this would be so that you can't screw attack with, say, missles equipped. Screw Attack nerfed?

Quote58

That's pretty amazing Crash. I agree with BF about the ammo counter though, just grey it out. The health bar can flash, but the ammo shouldn't.

MetroidMst

Quote from: altoiddealer on April 26, 2012, 01:08:23 PM
It looks like Screw Attack needs to be selected in the HUD to be used, but I may be wrong.  I suppose this would be so that you can't screw attack with, say, missles equipped. Screw Attack nerfed?
It is because he has changed how some items work. Those work much differently in his hack than they normally would. Allowing easy switching between them seems like a good idea to me.

altoiddealer

Quote from: MetroidMst on April 26, 2012, 04:02:56 PM
Quote from: altoiddealer on April 26, 2012, 01:08:23 PM
It is because he has changed how some items work. Those work much differently in his hack than they normally would. Allowing easy switching between them seems like a good idea to me.

Oh no I think its great!  :grin:

Damski

Icetileset Wip.. New background .. this need more work.

Yuki

Oh my god... I want to have babies with that tileset/bg.

MetroidMst

I actually prefer the BG with the little crystal formations. It looks more like an ice area than the other one. Also, that is still the best ice tileset I've laid these old eyes upon.

Damski

Quote from: Drevan Zero on April 29, 2012, 10:58:56 PM
Oh my god... I want to have babies with that tileset/bg.

Lol thank you  :lol:

Quote from: MetroidMst on April 29, 2012, 11:03:43 PM
I actually prefer the BG with the little crystal formations. It looks more like an ice area than the other one. Also, that is still the best ice tileset I've laid these old eyes upon.

I must say I agree but i think if I put Snowfall effect then it's gonna look more like Ice area.

Damski

Can you guys tell me which one is better?

Quietus

I prefer bits of both. :heheh:

The second looks better in the main white part, as it has less of the darker blue specks, but the first has less of a repeating pattern on the top, which looks better.

snarfblam

So I'm toying with the idea of creating a homebrew NES game, and I might create something Metroid inspired. I threw this little thing together.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQTdvAbjhLI

Whatever I do, it would have to be simple or it would never get finished. I'm thinking a morph-ball only game. Maybe downward scrolling. Maybe forced scrolling. Temporary power-ups. No end, just go for high score. What would make for a fun little game?

Quote58

Snarf, like falldown on ios and android?
That would be pretty cool.

Zhs2

Quote from: Shadow96Snarf, like falldown on the TI-83/84 series calculators?
That would be pretty cool.
QFT and FTFY.

Qactis

JAM

Find 10 differences =)

It took about 10.5 hours to choose the right tiles, redraw these tiles from SNES 4bpp format to Mode 7 pixel by pixel, writing tilemap (took less than 20 minutes), replacing palette and importing data to the ROM.

And since we have the knowledge, I really wish to see new title screens for the full hacks like Redesign and Eris.

altoiddealer

Charmander106

That's awesome JAM, will have to figure out how to edit the title screen sometime. But man that is just cool!  :awesome:

Zero One

Awesome stuff, JAM! That's my next goal for my title screen.

Black Falcon

At first I thought you just replaced the ship sprites with the Metroid logo :lol:
Now you just need to lower the Metroid logo sprite to about the same height by changing it's Y coordinates
(link to my post in EW)
Nice job nevertheless! You just inspired me to work on my own title screen for my hack.