News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

General Projects Screenshots/Vids Thread

Started by Zhs2, May 15, 2009, 10:44:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JAM

Wow! Yeah, there is no limit of perfection...

Blarget2

I i think the animation is a bit choppy IMO. It could be smoother. When it pops up with the back foot, it should be 3 frames not 2.

Damski

Quote from: Blarget2 on April 09, 2012, 08:18:17 AM
I i think the animation is a bit choppy IMO. It could be smoother. When it pops up with the back foot, it should be 3 frames not 2.

Yeah it need some work I said it before and I agree that back foot should have 3.

Mon732

Impressive work Damski. As said before all it needs is smoother animation.
I wonder what the Zeta Metroid is chasing, maybe that fly just above and to the left of its head. :P

Scyzer

Quote from: Mon732 on April 09, 2012, 11:24:32 AM
I wonder what the Zeta Metroid is chasing, maybe that fly just above and to the left of its head. :P

SO I'M NOT GOING CRAZY??? :O

Parabox

Personally I'd like to see the arms underswing a little more, and that tail can use some smoother waggling, too. But this is pretty awesome work so far.

Damski

New

I improved  animation and sprite too. Now his head is better than old one and mouth have frames.

Old

Zero One

So, I've been quite busy.

[spoiler][/spoiler]
I also wrote a guide on how to edit the title screen!

Quietus

Can't hurt to have a more in-depth guide than squishy and Raccoon Sam's. :^_^:

If you're after editing the mode 7 side, Red Monkey wrote one here.

Zero One

I updated the RAR file from my previous post. I forgot to include the reverse order tilemap. Just redownload the RAR and it'll be in there.

Crashtour99

I think I'll just drop this here...
[spoiler]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezl6MNtF0nY
Special thanks to Sadi for the assistance with the SBA part.
It still needs some tweaking I think, but it's close to finished.
Now I just need to develop a HUD to work with it.
[/spoiler]

Damski

Quote from: Crashtour99 on April 17, 2012, 03:37:19 AM
I think I'll just drop this here...
[spoiler]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezl6MNtF0nY
Special thanks to Sadi for the assistance with the SBA part.
It still needs some tweaking I think, but it's close to finished.
Now I just need to develop a HUD to work with it.
[/spoiler]

Wow this is so awesome Crash! It would be really great if you can do Seeker missile from Wave beam SBA.

Qactis

I would assume, that if the player has to charge their missile shot, and consume 5 missiles upon firing, that the ice spread would freeze enemies first try. Would only be an extra 5 lines or so of code

JAM

Well, I have some stuff too. It was founded accidently and only 3 bytes were changed to get this...
Chopper attack #1

and 3 more to get this...
Chopper attack #2

As usual, save as *.avi

begrimed

Holy shit, Jam. Those are awesome. Was this done by tweaking existing bytes in the game, or part of new code you've written?

Crashtour99

If he did what I think he did, then it's just a matter of swapping around a few JSLs in the SBA setup code.  Pretty cool stuff JAM.  Might have to play around with it some.  haha

Damski

Quote from: JAM on April 19, 2012, 01:27:45 AM
Well, I have some stuff too. It was founded accidently and only 3 bytes were changed to get this...
Chopper attack #1

and 3 more to get this...
Chopper attack #2

As usual, save as *.avi

JAM

Grime
Crashtour99
Well, I've explained this in Beam editing guide.

Actually, what I did is closer to hex tweaks. There are 2 arrays used by Special Beam Attack. First is an array consisting of pointers to code for every beam combination. Second is a cost array for Power Bombs for each beam combination.

So, when you're trying to execute a Special Beam Attack with Power Bomb selected when you have a Power Beam, the game is referring to both arrays, jumps to a code at XXXX (which does nothing) and substracts 0 Power Bombs. When you have Wave Beam, it jumps to code at YYYY and substracts 1 Power Bomb. When you have Ice Beam, it jumps to code at ZZZZ and substracts 1 Power Bomb. When you have Ice + Wave, it jumps to code at XXXX (which doen nothing) and substracts 0 Power Bombs and so on...

Exchange pointers for Ice and Wave and you'll exchange the attacks. So, pointer is a kind of attack, using graphics and damage from current beam combination. So, I've just made the game execute Ice Shield attack for 2 combinations: Charge + Plasma and Charge + Ice + Wave + Plasma and make first one costs 10 Power Bombs and second one -- 20 Power Bombs.

Damski
Oh, I see you've removed the fly =) Just kidding. Keep it going. It's getting better and better!

Damski

Quote from: JAM on April 20, 2012, 01:28:15 AM
Grime
Crashtour99
Well, I've explained this in Beam editing guide.

Actually, what I did is closer to hex tweaks. There are 2 arrays used by Special Beam Attack. First is an array consisting of pointers to code for every beam combination. Second is a cost array for Power Bombs for each beam combination.

So, when you're trying to execute a Special Beam Attack with Power Bomb selected when you have a Power Beam, the game is referring to both arrays, jumps to a code at XXXX (which does nothing) and substracts 0 Power Bombs. When you have Wave Beam, it jumps to code at YYYY and substracts 1 Power Bomb. When you have Ice Beam, it jumps to code at ZZZZ and substracts 1 Power Bomb. When you have Ice + Wave, it jumps to code at XXXX (which doen nothing) and substracts 0 Power Bombs and so on...

Exchange pointers for Ice and Wave and you'll exchange the attacks. So, pointer is a kind of attack, using graphics and damage from current beam combination. So, I've just made the game execute Ice Shield attack for 2 combinations: Charge + Plasma and Charge + Ice + Wave + Plasma and make first one costs 10 Power Bombs and second one -- 20 Power Bombs.

Damski
Oh, I see you've removed the fly =) Just kidding. Keep it going. It's getting better and better!

Zeta metroid is Done and Black falcon is coding it for Super metroid. Thank you bro!

Qactis

That's what's good. BF is that dude :D

knuckles

Quote from: Crashtour99 on April 07, 2012, 10:35:46 PM
For those who may have not seen it on IRC.

[spoiler]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbj8NbkkhVU[/spoiler]
This looks like diffusion missiles from fusion. (except with out ice and trail) this has a very good potential.

knuckles

[content removed by user]

Quote58

First, you're really not supposed to ask people to give you their gfx. It's likely for his hack.
Second, that kind of thing isn't difficult. In fact I had done something similar a while ago, but I used plasma [spoiler][/spoiler]
Third, it wouldn't be a gfx file. It would have to be a patch since beam editing is done directly to the rom in a tile editor.

knuckles

[content removed by user]