News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

General Projects Screenshots/Vids Thread

Started by Zhs2, May 15, 2009, 10:44:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parabox

That adds up way better then suddenly dirt everywhere. Looks awesome.

Silver Skree

This man knows how to work his tricolor.

I love the empty space and how it fades into darkness, so I'd say keep going with that. Looks sexy.

Digital_Mantra

I love the darkness, yet I see the filler as a potential segway to other rooms. Work around both.

BlackSnow2211

First enemy edit. I think the shades of the caging are a little too similar in terms of brightness, but other than that I like it

Qactis

Quote from: BlackSnow2211 on December 31, 2010, 04:04:41 PM

First enemy edit. I think the shades of the caging are a little too similar in terms of brightness, but other than that I like it

Looks great keep it up

Scyzer

I realise I rarely post anything about my hack here and most of you will not know anything unless you come on IRC sometimes, but here's a little teaser of a new upgrade.

Heavy Bombs

[spoiler]
Don't freak out, these are not the only type of bombs in the game :wink:
[/spoiler]

Quietus

That's pretty cool.

* Quietus tries to bomb the ceiling for secrets.

:mad:

JAM

Playing with HUD again.

And more.

And even more...

Crashtour99

Holy crap JAM, that's a lot of energy tanks.  lol

As for what I've been working on lately...

[spoiler]
My doors are finished!
door sounds and animations.wmv[/spoiler]

Smiley

* SMILEuser96 is almost speechless due to the three awesome things above this post.

Damn it Crashtour, those doors are the best thing I've ever seen in SM!

Zhs2

The "Samus Landing" noise feels distracting and inappropriate for the doors... may I suggest the Sidehopper whoosh? Overall those are some very awesome doors. Keep up the good work!

Lunaria

sidehopper whoosh is not loaded at all time though zeke. :P

Plus, I think this one sounds rather good, while not perfect, it certainly works! :D

Crashtour99

In addition to being limited to sound libraries 2 and 3, the only other sound I found that really worked as well was the typewriter sound, but that was already being used for the colored door cap unlocking sound.  It's not as good sound wise as I'd like it to be, but it's the best I can do with it.

Black Falcon

@ Jam:

It somehow looks like a glitch having energy tanks in the very top line of the HUD.
Maybe making it so that one tile shares two energy tanks like in Fusion?
This way they'd take only half of the space normal squares do.
(I personally don't like energy tank squares being displayed at all, but just a simple number display instead, but that's just me)

@ Crashtour:

Holy shit yeah! Door animations are looking beautiful!
Though I think that they take way too long to open, so speedboosting through more than one room is not possible this way anymore. :(

JamieWebb16

You know, he could change the speed of the animation of the door, that way we only have to wait 3 secs instead of 5 to go through the door, just saying. also the graphics of the doors could be a little bit tweaked so it can look right along with the new animation!
over and all, EPIC doors!

Crashtour99

Quote from: Black Falcon on February 07, 2011, 09:32:50 AM
Holy shit yeah! Door animations are looking beautiful!
Though I think that they take way too long to open, so speedboosting through more than one room is not possible this way anymore. :(
Oh, you can still speedboost through multiple rooms, it just takes a bit more effort.   :grin:
[spoiler]And it's a lot easier with a specific item...
:P[/spoiler]
I tried making em animate faster, but if they go any faster they just kinda blur together and you don't really see much.  To be fair though, door placement is gonna be reminiscent of M2 where you only have doors in buildings (where you'll want to take things slower anyway) and not in underground caves (plus, you can sneak through doors before they're fully opened/closed).

Scyzer

Plus that item basically makes the need to shinespark through multiple rooms redundant.

JAM

Quote from: Black Falcon on February 07, 2011, 09:32:50 AM
It somehow looks like a glitch having energy tanks in the very top line of the HUD.
Maybe making it so that one tile shares two energy tanks like in Fusion?
I think, I should use top row more instead. For displaying max amount of ammo, for example

JAM

[spoiler=Something that will motivate Phasar and tbolt]
(I hope on this, at least)
Before:

After:

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=How to do that?]
You don't need to do a lot of ASM coding.
You don't need to work in hex.
All you need is SMILE.
FX1 => Set B property to 0A.[/spoiler]

personitis

Quote from: JAM on February 28, 2011, 03:27:16 AM
FX1 => Set B property to 0A.
You have no idea what you just did for me as well! xD

Scyzer

Lolz... does no one actually test these things out?

You can make your own FX A/B types too you know =P

Black Falcon

Quote from: Sadiztyk Fish on March 02, 2011, 02:52:43 AM

You can make your own FX A/B types too you know =P
Yeah.
You can make things like 'Ugly red darkness'
or 'glowing visor - bright room'.
:P

DSO

Or a 'rapidly flashes from dark to bright, giving everyone seizures'

personitis

Honestly, I forgot that menu existed. <_<;

JAM

I'm sure that not so much people tried to test all palette blends. There are a few really cool of them, like red, green, blue or yellow glowing (can be instense of soft). Like a haze, but full screen is affected instead.

Don't remember, where there are exaclty values, but I've tested blends from $D0 to $FF