News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

General Projects Screenshots/Vids Thread

Started by Zhs2, May 15, 2009, 10:44:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitsune_Phoenix

*deleted post*

Mtgxyz

This image isn't broken, but just for me a hint what the upper image should be:

Retroo

The ghost face is amazing!
This looks really good.

Cloud20

Thanks Retro :)

This ghost will have an unexpected role in this game. Her name is Vera Thyden, which is the anagram of Harvey Dent.  :wink:

Black Falcon

Hi
Decided to upload some older videos I made (nothing really new for IRC people):

[spoiler=railgun test]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaDVEdvfpaM

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Prime 3-like Ridley Fight Concept]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zj-ArBEzrHk
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Improved Flying Ship]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRLqe6_35tM
[/spoiler]

Dunno when I will finish the things I said I would, motivation in that regard has been pretty much non-existant for the past months, hence the long break. This is just my way of saying that I'm still alive and well  :^_^:

Quietus

I'm not so fussed on the ship calling part, but the take off and landing thing is very cool. Now we just need a hack with multiple worlds, each as big as Redesign, where one item on one world opens the way in another, and so on and so forth. Estimated time for 100% - 10 Hours. :grin:

personitis

I got a chuckle out of the Ridley video where Samus falls faster than her missiles. And if I also may make a correction:
Quote from: Quietus on July 16, 2015, 04:11:50 PMEstimated time for 100% - 100 Hours. :grin:
I think you may have missed a zero. :colonrightv:

Quietus

Hehe, I can just imagine the help thread too: Where's such-and-such? Oh, you need to go to world one, into area four, and get the doohickey, then head to world four, to area six, to pass the obstacle. :twisted:

MetroidPeter

So I was messing around with a ROM testing some IPS patches, when this happened:

https://youtu.be/kYQxhGNiah0

It's an audio bug. But that's not why I'm making this post. This "bug" causes a cool echo effect to the Screw Attack's sound, and I'd like to replicate it to always play in Tourian.

I was using Metaquarius' "Classic Zebes" IPS patch and Grime's "Project Base" here.

Feel free to leave your two cents.

Scyzer

If I'm right in assuming that the classic zebes of Meta's is a music hack, it's caused by overwriting channels in the APU. The snes APU can handle 8 sounds playing at any one time (8 channels, per se). In SM, the first 5 are used only by music, and the last 3 by sound effects (one channel per sound library, which is why you can have different sounds from different libraries play together, but not from the same library).

If Meta's music used a channel reserved by the sound libraries, then any note playing on it would be immediately cut short if any sound were to be queued for that channel, and vice versa.

The screw attack checks to play its sound each frame IIRC, and if it's sound is not the current one playing, it starts the right one up. Each time a note is overwriting the screw attack sound, the item restarts the screw attack sound, which is then overwritten once more by the next note. What you're hearing is the result of the SA sound constantly being overwritten and restarted.
You'll probably be able to hear other clashes with sound effects too if you listen closely.

JAM

Quote from: Scyzer on July 17, 2015, 09:00:31 AM
The snes APU can handle 8 sounds playing at any one time (8 channels, per se). In SM, the first 5 are used only by music, and the last 3 by sound effects (one channel per sound library, which is why you can have different sounds from different libraries play together, but not from the same library).
Now I understand that intro music uses at least 1 channel used by sound effects. Because using this track in the game affects music when you jump.

Quietus

Not a bad room, though the filler could use some variation, particularly around those inner corner blocks where you have the dark square corners suddenly changing to the brown filler tiles.

biospark

Here's a visual aid I made to make clipdata selection easier:

Quietus

I don't even need to play that video to know it's how we feel about it. :^_^:

For a question: Does the tile data for the ceilings actually work, or is it like before, where you just jump straight into them?

biospark

I actually just realized today that all ceiling slopes are just air, so I'll probably remove those from the fancy clipdata selector. There are a few ceiling slopes scattered around in Fusion, so perhaps they initially planned for them.

biospark

Editroid style clipdata viewing! I don't wanna see any bad slopes or missing blocks!

Quote58

Cpt.Glitch

Bio spark you continue to make me anticipate the release of that editor.

Quote58

scrolling the equipment screen, isn't hacking fun? :grin: