News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

General Projects Screenshots/Vids Thread

Started by Zhs2, May 15, 2009, 10:44:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Metaquarius

Nice job so far. Can't wait to hear the whole track. :^_^:

DSO

Because you can't have enough kinds of grapple challenges, I created a new one!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10779677/Grappling.wmv

Quietus

Looks like another trick to exclude the majority of players. :razz:

On another note, it could be used as a sort of energy supply.  Have Samus standing and grappling a block, and it causes the door to open.  No need for it shutting again, and it could be used as another way to block access to areas if you don't have Grapple.

FPzero

While neat, judging by how many attempts you take to succeed and even then how close you were to not making it, I hope you don't use this setup very often or at least make the window for success MUCH larger.

JAM

Sometimes simply changing RGB to BGR gives fantastic results

Quote58

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04hdn21HZ18&feature=youtu.be
From the description:
So I decided to start learning how to make custom enemies a couple nights ago, this is what happened. What's next??
Sorry about the lack of audio, didn't notice until I uploaded it.

Quietus

I know it's probably copying the original animation, but it looks weird when it leans over to one side.  It might look better to just have the basic looping movement, and to move a bit slower.  More of a zombie feel.  Of course, it begs the question of how they'd bite Samus through her suit. :^_^:

Crashtour99

I know Quote58 already made something similar in Advent (iirc) but I decided to do something similar, but with a different approach.

[spoiler]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_0NNyVhsTE[/spoiler]

Reasons?
I already have multiple elements from MP2, so it kinda makes sense to have this.
The hover pack I had originally, while a neat idea, was ultimately flawed as it was based on hex tweaks causing glitches in the physics engine.
This was done the proper way, by writing a whole new physics routine for it instead.  Which is why you'll notice it has the nice rubber-band effect on vertical motion.  You don't just instantly change direction once it's active.  Instead your downward speed slows until you start going up again, and your momentum continues upward even after you've let the button go.  It's a much better system than the silliness that was the hover pack.

And now I'm contemplating making an Alpha Blogg boss fight just for it.  :D  Don't know if/when that'll happen.

Quietus

Now you just need the graphical edit to represent the booster, so it no longer looks like Samus has some serious gas issues, and needs to lay off the beans. :^_^:

Crashtour99

Actually Quietus, that may not be a bad idea...  And in fact, may just be the perfect testing ground for having different sprite sets for different suits.  The question is if I can find room for all the gfx...

Edit:
At a second look however, this may not be as possible as I'd like it to be.  If you look at this picture:
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Some of those gfx are arranged in a way that in order to add a gravity boost item onto Samus' back, the gfx used would need to be expanded and have new tilemaps.  Even doing so for only the top half, there may not be enough room in the respective bank for so many additional tilemaps.  If each animation frame uses on average $20 bytes for a top half tilemap (enough for displaying 6 tiles) then for $FF poses that makes just under $2000 bytes of tilemaps, not including all the animations and transitions...   Looks like graphically adding it to her suit may not be possible.  At least not without some ASM magic that I'm unaware of for reading Samus' tilemaps from multiple banks.

Mon732

This might be impractical but what about using a plm that attaches to samus?
The plm would have the graphics of the gravity booster and it always places itself on Samus' back. A downside would be that it would need to be in every room where the booster is usable at least.

DSO

Or changing one of the sprites called by B4:BC26.

Quote58

Or using an enemy instead of the plm, but since they can both be spawned on command, either way would work (see eris and the child)

Quietus

Hehe, I knew exactly what was coming before I even clicked on it. :^_^:

Lunaria

That's file select, not title screen.  :huzzah:

MetroidMst

You assume that there is still a title screen.

snarfblam

Okay, then let's assume there is no title screen. Your hack is clearly not a title screen edit then.

Quietus

Cloud20

Hello people :D

I decided to come back on forums. I don't know if I will be really too reactive because I'm really busy with stuff (trying to organize my departure from France)

So... Enjoy it :

Super Metroid 100% Special Exploration + Soundtrack

And also the description of the video, please read it :

[spoiler]IMPORTANT ! PLEASE READ

Prepare yourself for a 3 hours adventure, and turn up the volume !

This is a 100% exploration of Super Metroid map, Ceres is skipped. I'm working on this project since two weeks.
Also, this video was made in the goal to promote the various electronic musicians from the community, including Digital Mantra, Begrimed, Spreadfire/Black Falcon, Degree 0/KentaKurodani, and me. Thanks to artists, and Kejardon for his "no music" ips patch.

Digital Mantra : http://www.digital-mantra.com
Begrimed (Grime) : http://www.begrimed.com/
Spreadfire (Black Falcon) : https://soundcloud.com/spreadfire
Degree 0 (Kentakurodani) : https://soundcloud.com/degree0
Area XG (Cloud14) : http://areaxg.bandcamp.com/

Playlist :

Digital Mantra - Avarchy (2008)
Digital Mantra - Entrance (2009)
Spreadfire - Paranoia (2013)
Begrimed - It's okay to judge (2009)
Area XG - Poisoned Gift (2009)
Begrimed - Different Winters (Unmixed) (2012)
Begrimed - Something Great (2007)
Area XG - Reboot:Wave2014 (2014)
Digital Mantra - Que (2009)
Spreadfire - Forest Roam (WIP) (2013)
Area XG - Hate Of Myself (2011)
Begrimed - Inyer Space (2011)
Digital Mantra - Start Again But Slow Down This Time (2005)
Digital Mantra - Barth Xiet (2009)
Area XG - My Hidden Side (2013)
Begrimed - There's This Girl (2009)
Begrimed - Glass Colony (WIP) (2012)
Area XG - Childhood (2012)
Begrimed - Nowhere To Leave (2012)
Area XG - The Light Inside (2008)
Digital Mantra - Charcoal Feather Federation (Sewing On Wings) (2006)
Begrimed - Speedkin (2004)
Digital Mantra - Someone Spilled The Maple Scotch! (2005)
Area XG - I Feel Deleted (2012)
Begrimed - Angel Part Deux (2006)
Digital Mantra - Horsehead Does The Shakespine Dance (2005)
Spreadfire - Xperience (The Journey) (2013)
Digital Mantra - Tower (2005)
Digital Mantra - Floating Fluffs (Part One) (2005)
Area XG - Static World (2010)
Begrimed - Hihats And Rock Gardens (Unmixed) (2005)
Begrimed - Anything To Distract Myself From (2005)
Area XG - Progressive Doom (Cathodic Mix) (2012)
Digital Mantra - Manaka143 (2009)
Digital Mantra - Sliena (Part Two) (2009)
Area XG - Buried Forever (2013)
Begrimed - Deep Sea Nebula (2012)
Begrimed - Slow Motion Quickle (2004)
Digital Mantra - Lydian Keys (Unification Syndrome) (2006)
Area XG - Parking (Unsafe Place Mix) (2011)
Digital Mantra - Ulysian Battle (2006)
Begrimed - Darkness Cloud (2012)
Begrimed - Dry Sesh (2013)
Begrimed - Swampish Aura (Unmastered) (2014)
Area XG - Fear Theme (2004)
Digital Mantra - RingbBouton14 (2009)
Area XG - Monoxyde (2011)
Degree 0 - Metro Station (2013)
Degree 0 - Tempered Steel (2013)
Spreadfire - Stargazer (WIP) (2014)[/spoiler]

Quietus

I was just about to say that you forgot to mention Cloud, until I saw it was you posting. :yay:

Quote from: Cloud14 on August 06, 2014, 12:45:30 PM(trying to organize my departure from France)
Can I ask where you're headed?

Cloud20

I'm moving to UK for six months, I should leave late september (Brighton) :D

Quietus

Then let me be the first to welcome you to the UK. :^_^:

Are you touring, or here for something specific, like work or whatever?