News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

General Projects Screenshots/Vids Thread

Started by Zhs2, May 15, 2009, 10:44:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smiley

And this is why you don't use arrays to optimise your game. It messes everything up when you die, like draws everything with a texture you forgot you even had in the game. It also somehow gets rid of the death cutscene and so on...

By the way, that's an old door texture. I made it back when this game was called "Crappy Maze Game". I think the "crappy" part still stands true...

E: It's also amazing what a single line of code can do, seeing adding exactly one line of code fixed the whole damn thing.

Quietus

Ah, how one funny bit of code can break things.  It doesn't seem as bad nowadays, with a number of languages using more human syntax.  Back when it was all just proper gibberish code, it must have been a nightmare.

Kitsune_Phoenix

*deleted post*

Quietus

Since he hasn't posted to say so, I think it's safe to assume not. :neutral:

Smiley

It's probably like 99.9998% complete now. That's like 1.8% in, what, half a year?

Scyzer

If JAM spent less time calculating the percentage completion of his patches and more time actually completing them he'd probably be done.
I'm not having a go at JAM, but I just think it's funny how precise his completion stats are

Crashtour99

[spoiler]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Xjk80j82Pg[/spoiler]
So I've been working on a thing...
This part didn't quite go right.  haha   :lol:

Smiley

You spin me right round baby right round
like a record baby right round round round...

Quietus

She's just dizzy from the impact. :^_^:

Crashtour99

On another note, this thing I've been working on is coming along nicely.  Not finished yet though as various parts still need improvement.
[spoiler]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ou8lN4WgQtI[/spoiler]

Quietus

Excellent work, Crashtour!  To state the obvious: Are you looking at having more frames of animation, to transition when moving to the pushing position?  It clearly jumps at the moment, but I'm aware that it's WiP.

As an extension to this, would you potentially look (or are you already looking) at Grappling, to be able to pull the blocks?

Crashtour99

Grapple pulling I've looked into and is definitely not going to happen.  It'd be far too much effort, and would require rewriting a ton of extra stuff.

Adding in transition poses/animations I'm looking at though.  Not sure it'll be possible due to space restrictions of the pose transition table in $91.  And relocating it is out of the question.

Quietus

Jordan5

I guess the HUD had enough of Samus  :lol:

Quietus

Samus: Ooh, a new perfume expansion!
HUD: OK, lads, move away, slooowly...

Kitsune_Phoenix

*deleted post*

A_red_monk_called_Key

Vismund Cygnus

So when I said I do more hacking at school than during my free time, I was not kidding.
[spoiler=This would make a good ROTW joke entry]
That there marks the end of Crateria (although it needs to be cleaned up a bit). So I might actually have something playable by Christmas time![/spoiler]

personitis

Quote from: Vismund Cygnus on July 17, 2013, 12:36:20 PMThis would make a good ROTW joke entry
No. That is a good looking, vanilla-like room.

Jordan5

That's probably the first time I have seen an elevator shaft that isn't just straight down, I really like it!  :^_^:

Quietus

Quote from: person701 on July 17, 2013, 01:46:00 PMNo. That is a good looking, vanilla-like room.
This.

Keep it up, Vismund. :^_^:

Law

I clearly have set my ambition in this... Just so I'm not working on my own hack.

[spoiler=It's a speedrun.][/spoiler]

Quietus

Looks interesting.  What type of run is it?  And what's your target time?

Law

It's not my run. I'm simply tracking the camera movement (and by that, I mean just adjusting the camera's position frame by frame).

[spoiler=Here's a WIP.]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO1RBrDCwmI[/spoiler]